(D6 EE) Gold General

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D6 EE) Gold General

Post by Kitsu Murato » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:52 pm

"I don't know if he sees a wrestler in me, but I suspect he sees a dedicated man that is not afraid of hard work. I know I see that in him. And I am trained in the basics of many forms of combat," he says, before making a move to apply pressure to that same side of the board.

"I think, with a few lessons I would make for a capable yojimbo, probably more useful in a court setting," he says with a smirk.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:41 pm

"Dedication is important" Emiko said with a nod, moving to again mirror instead of take the initiate - or was there a plot?

"My father said dedication is the most important trait in a person, because if they don't have dedication then you can become unfocused. My mother then proceeded to disagree by making sure I learnt as many different arts as possible" she laughed "but I still have a passion in music and dance, so I suppose she was saying don't let your dedication blind you to other things that are important."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:55 am

"They are both important, dedication and versatility. Your mother and father probably did you a favor by disagreeing and giving you both," he says, taking another move that served to build a stronger defense.

"The dedication displayed in your music makes it difficult to determine if I find the sight or sound of you more lovely. Perhaps I am simply taken by both."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:16 pm

"Perhaps they did it on purpose to allow me to realise the importance of both paths. I've been quite lucky to have such training" Emiko nodded, pausing to look at the board before playing what looked like a very odd play that would open up her pawn to be taken. Was it a bait? It had to be right?

"What do you consider to be your future Kitsu-sama? Doing what, being what?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:56 pm

He seems to consider his next move thoughtfully, looking at the board while he spoke. "Well, given current circumstances, I foresee myself managing a household for a much busier wife. Being a bureaucrat, that would be the natural fit. But I am open to supporting whoever the deer place me with in any capacity they or their clan needs. Or alternatively, managing the home while they learn what it is to be a Lion and taking up a new duty. I am personally flexible. The more important thing to me is understanding my spouse and creating a harmonious home, no matter the circumstances."

He finally moves, deciding to capture the piece.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:04 pm

"So Kitsu-sama sees himself as being the one at home, looking after the running of the home and the future children?" Emiko said, looking curious as Murato did take the bait and was countered by a general "not being the one going out?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:05 pm

"It is what I expect, with my current duty, but I am honestly open for anything including serving alongside my spouse if our capabilities are complementary," he says, moving a piece in to shore up defense again, though obviously weaker now that one of his back pieces taken.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:07 pm

"And if it were up to you? If your partner was happy to run the home, where does Kitsu-sama see his skills being better applied to help his clan?" Emiko moved pieces again, back to a more copying strategy.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:02 pm

"If I could choose to do anything? I'd probably want to serve the empire directly by helping deal with spirits and other supernatural concerns. Perhaps a Jade appointment if I could. My eyes give an advantage with that. But I would be glad to put that gift to use for any clan, as I do now on occasion for the Lion."

Murato makes his next move, putting pressure on one of Emikos pieces.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:07 pm

"So Kitsu-sama wants to face off all the spiritual threats in the world? I don't think I've ever seen one that the Otter have faced, although we travel all the rivers. Some spirits like rivers! Or maybe river spirits are all nice and that's why I've not seen a threat from one" Emiko looked thoughtful as she placed a piece in a defensive position between theirs.