[D11 EE Open] - Do you ever tire of nothing?

A discrete geisha house for those needing to set down their mask for awhile.
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D11 EE Open] - Do you ever tire of nothing?

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:29 pm

Turns out for Moshumaru, the answer was no.

No geisha, no food, nothing but blackness and the sound of the world underneath them.

Funnily enough, the converted attic room, complete with its pillows, boxes and unlit candles, had been apparently named "the mourning room".
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D11 EE Open] - Do you ever tire of nothing?

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:17 pm

"Hida's smelly ass hairs this is so mopey." Luixian grunted while stomping up the stairs to the attic. "I was half expecting you to be in here painting your face and then crying to get the best look."

She was fully dressed now and had her mask properly on. The three bulging eyes looked at him as she made her way in completely. "Little shit was just fine I assume?"
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:50 pm

From within the darkness, the Lion rose and bowed to the Bayushi.

"Being hung 15 feet from the air by rope in the middle of a forest is hardly my definition of 'fine', but Seppun-sama is fine enough now. Did you enjoy your rest, Bayushi-sama? Today must have been awful tiresome to bring you to the 'Mourning Room'."

He chuckled at the name.

"The 'Mourning room'."

The three eyes were a familiar sight today - strangely, the most vicious thought on the Kitsu's mind was to admire the paintwork.

"That said, I got a laugh out of the painting comment. I'll remember that one for use elsewhere. That said, do you need something to drink?"
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:04 pm

With proper decorum Luixian bowed back to the Kitsu.

"Hm. Should've hit them with a stick. Maybe something would have come out of them while they hung out." She commented idly not bothering to even chuckle at her own small joke. "After you my nap continued unabated which was pleasant."

With that said she took the time to look around the room with some manner of scrutiny.

"Didn't realize this was your special little alcove. I had just asked the geisha who was around. Mentioned you up here. Figured I'd come up." Her head turned back to look at him. "The paint joke was one we'd ask to Kuni who were especially cringeworthy with their face paint. I know they take on an altered version of their mentors but some of them just looked like they were crying their eyes out before going on duty."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:23 pm

The Kitsu shrugged at the discussion of the name.

"You found out it was my abode minutes before I did - I just asked for somewhere quiet and not too bright and that as all that was left. Couple of nights later, it's 'the mourning room'. In truth it's just the attic, but apparently giving it a fancy name means it's now a fashionable place to be."

He gestured to this wierd little space they found themselves in.

"Still, I assume you figured to see me for more than just seeing... this."
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:52 pm

"Now all you need is sad koto music. Would set the mood of this unlit place." She mumbled as she stood in the doorway while making no move to go further in.

She looked around. The three eyed mask making note of the state of the room and those within.

"I didn't actually. Like I said I just asked the geisha who was here and they told me there was a man upstairs." Her shoulders lifted in a careless shrug. The woman should've asked more questions before just wandering up but it was too late now.
Profile/Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:56 pm

The room itself, despite the name, was relatively well maintained - there was a table, mats, cups, even a small box of unopened sake at the side - really, everything one could expect from a geisha room. The real oddities were the lack of natural light - although a sign near the door provided a variety of light fixtures one could ask for and take up at the desk - and the large stacks of crates around the room, currently covered in silks.

Shrug to shrug.

"Well while you're here, anything in particular you need help with? There's no space quieter than here, if drinking in some Noh addicted Crane's dream is your idea of a drinking place."
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Thu Sep 02, 2021 10:31 pm

"Why do you think I need help?" Reigning in her knee-jerk reaction she asked the question calmly. Being on some level of civility would be pertinent if for some reason he lost his mind and actually did marry her cousin.

She did not yet move from her position. Doing so would mean admitting that they were going to really talk and she didn't want to do that just yet. The conversation was still young and there were more than enough reasons that both parties would want to end this conversation.
Profile/Description

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:08 am

Let me count the ways - no, be civil, be civil.

The Kitsu looked at the Bayushi before shaking his head.

"I don't particularly - it's one of those phrases that people use to try and advance conversation. You seem like you're in a halfway space between sitting down and leaving, so I'm saying 'can I help you' more as 'what would you like to do right now?' "
PM if thread desired

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:57 pm

"I don't know what I would like to do actually." She admitted without much care. "I do have questions but they all pertain to that Imperial and I can't bring myself to care enough to ask them on their behalf at this moment." The woman shrugged with one shoulder.

"That leaves leaving as the other option but then that would be a waste of my time and energy to come up here look around and then walk back out."
Profile/Description