[D9 LA, Open, Moshu's room] A dedication

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D9 LA, Open, Moshu's room] A dedication

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:53 am

Lighting some candles, incense and opening an obituary, Moshumaru reflected on today's argument. What did make a good play? Perhaps he could write one?

Based on his experiences, he pulled out the record of Suzume Shiro. Reading it over and clearing his eyes, he put his brush to the ink and began to write a play - a dedication to the man's life.

- - - -
D9 LA - Writing a Play dedicated to Suzume Shiro, adapting based on my obituary record (Water/Composition) | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image

Opportunity symbolUsing opp to remove 2 strife from self
- - - -
He looked it over, an pondered.

No, this... this wasn't good enough. He was crying because he knew what happened, not because it we compelling on it's own. He would revisit it - he would get it right.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Re: [D9 LA, Open, Moshu's room] A dedication

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:48 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:53 am
Lighting some candles, incense and opening an obituary, Moshumaru reflected on today's argument. What did make a good play? Perhaps he could write one?

Based on his experiences, he pulled out the record of Suzume Shiro. Reading it over and clearing his eyes, he put his brush to the ink and began to write a play - a dedication to the man's life.

He looked it over, and pondered.

No, this... this wasn't good enough. He was crying because he knew what happened, not because it we compelling on it's own. He would revisit it - he would get it right.
Feeling the smell of incense coming from somewhere in the Inn as he slowly walked through the central garden after finishing his lunch, Senseki got curious. He wouldn't want to pry, of course... but it was a pleasant smell, in a way. It reminded him of some rituals... and some stories.

But then... it was often a particular kind of story that followed this smell.

He stopped, his brow furrowing slightly. After a while, he noticed he was probably quite close to the source of the smell already... what was it?

OOC:

Assuming the door is open or Moshu could hear the footsteps or something like that - Senseki wouldn't just barge in ;)
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:41 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:48 am
He stopped, his brow furrowing slightly. After a while, he noticed he was probably quite close to the source of the smell already... what was it?

OOC:

Assuming the door is open or Moshu could hear the footsteps or something like that - Senseki wouldn't just barge in ;)
(OOC: All of your OOC assumptions are correct.))

At the sound of the footsteps, the Mourner cleared his eyes and put down his brush. Seeing what he...remembered from the opening ceremony as... was he the one with the Yam? Definitely a Suzume, though. He prepared a proper seating area for the impromptou guest, before opening the door and bowing to the Sparrow.

"Come in, Suzume-san."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:53 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:41 am
At the sound of the footsteps, the Mourner cleared his eyes and put down his brush. Seeing what he...remembered from the opening ceremony as... was he the one with the Yam? Definitely a Suzume, though. He prepared a proper seating area for the impromptou guest, before opening the door and bowing to the Sparrow.

"Come in, Suzume-san."
"Oh", the Sparrow exclaimed as he saw the Kitsu. "Good afternoon, Kitsu-sama. Sumimasen, I didn't mean to interrupt you. The incense just piqued my interest..."

After a low bow and thanks for the invitation, he steps into the room. "I... hope I'm not a nuisance?", he says, his eyes shifting around the room as if taking in what he must have been doing.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:01 am

The Kitsu shook his head.

"You caught me at a good time - I had just finished what I was working on. By all means, you are welcome to join me. Would you like some tea?"

Touching the side of the pot, it turned out that the tea was still hot, so he didn't need to order a new pot.

"As for the incense, I suppose you know what that smell means. Although it is not one of my own I'm mourning... but one of yours."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:42 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:01 am
The Kitsu shook his head.

"You caught me at a good time - I had just finished what I was working on. By all means, you are welcome to join me. Would you like some tea?"

Touching the side of the pot, it turned out that the tea was still hot, so he didn't need to order a new pot.

"As for the incense, I suppose you know what that smell means. Although it is not one of my own I'm mourning... but one of yours."
The Sparrow bows again with a smile. "Oh... thank you kindly, Kitsu-sama. I'll be happy to partake in the tea, if it wouldn't impose."

He looks at the room again, then at the incense. "I do know...", he says, eyes down for a moment, his hands gesturing a quick prayer. "But... one of mine, you say?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:53 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:42 am
The Sparrow bows again with a smile. "Oh... thank you kindly, Kitsu-sama. I'll be happy to partake in the tea, if it wouldn't impose."

He looks at the room again, then at the incense. "I do know...", he says, eyes down for a moment, his hands gesturing a quick prayer. "But... one of mine, you say?"
The Kitsu appreciates the quick prayer. "Thank you."

He suddenly made a realization.

"Forgive me, I haven't introduced myself - I am Kitsu Moshumaru, a writer for The Record of the Fallen. We make obituaries on behalf of those have recently moved to join their ancestors."

He gestured to his desk.

"I was looking over again at one of my most important dedications, to one Suzume Shiro. A member of the Sparrow Kuge until his tragic and heroic demise, back in 1115. I never got to meet him, but you all spoke the world of him. And seeing what he did, it was..."

The Kitsu refused to cry, but was obviously moved.

"...It reminded me why I took on this role. I was at the end of writing a play in his honour - I think I'll try again another time, however."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:05 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sat Aug 28, 2021 2:53 am
The Kitsu appreciates the quick prayer. "Thank you."

He suddenly made a realization.

"Forgive me, I haven't introduced myself - I am Kitsu Moshumaru, a writer for The Record of the Fallen. We make obituaries on behalf of those have recently moved to join their ancestors."

He gestured to his desk.

"I was looking over again at one of my most important dedications, to one Suzume Shiro. A member of the Sparrow Kuge until his tragic and heroic demise, back in 1115. I never got to meet him, but you all spoke the world of him. And seeing what he did, it was..."

The Kitsu refused to cry, but was obviously moved.

"...It reminded me why I took on this role. I was at the end of writing a play in his honour - I think I'll try again another time, however."
He bows low to the man again. "Please to properly meet you, Kitsu-sama. And really, I thank you for mourning one of ours." His voice is unusually solemn, but still calm and composed.

"Oh... Suzume Shiro." The man seemed thoughtful, as if trying to remember something, but after a while he nodded.

"Remembering is truly important, isn't it?", he adds with a kind, but restrained smile. "I remember when my grandfather would tell us stories of his grandfather... and stories his grandfather had told him. This particularly reminds me of one of them... one about a man who had seen so much suffering, he decided he would no longer remember as a way to heal."

He goes on to tell the story, which is a relatively short one... and needless to say, leads the man to even more suffering, until he realises how much he had lost by deciding not to remember.

As the story ends, the Suzume gives Moshumaru a shy, apologetic smile. "Ah... but sorry for taking so much time, Kitsu-sama. A play, you say? That would be a great honour for the Sparrow, one we hardly deserve!", he says humbly. "But... may I ask how you plan to tell the story in it?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:05 pm
As the story ends, the Suzume gives Moshumaru a shy, apologetic smile. "Ah... but sorry for taking so much time, Kitsu-sama. A play, you say? That would be a great honour for the Sparrow, one we hardly deserve!", he says humbly. "But... may I ask how you plan to tell the story in it?"
"Well, I suppose I should start with how I know Suzume Shiro, for context - I was privileged enough to write his record into the Fallen, and was using it as a basis for writing the play, beat for beat. But it came out too...factual, I suppose. Even though the facts themselves are spectacular, the presentation is lacking...something. Perhaps,"

He said, handing over the finished manuscript,

"You could have a look? Your clan is fabled for their story and oratic tradition - maybe you can find some way to make this worthy."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:13 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:06 pm
"Well, I suppose I should start with how I know Suzume Shiro, for context - I was privileged enough to write his record into the Fallen, and was using it as a basis for writing the play, beat for beat. But it came out too...factual, I suppose. Even though the facts themselves are spectacular, the presentation is lacking...something. Perhaps,"

He said, handing over the finished manuscript,

"You could have a look? Your clan is fabled for their story and oratic tradition - maybe you can find some way to make this worthy."
The Sparrow seemed rather surprised at the suggestion - honoured, but surprised. "Oh... I mean, stories are part of who we are, that much is true, but I am hardly experienced with plays, Kitsu-sama! In fact, I have probably seen more here than I had in the last ten years..." He waves his hands, humbly... but then nods. "But with all that, if Kitsu-sama would like to show me what you have... I would be honoured to look at it. Just... I'm not sure I would be much help."