[D9 LA, Open, Moshu's room] A dedication

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D9 LA, Open, Moshu's room] A dedication

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:32 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:13 pm
The Sparrow seemed rather surprised at the suggestion - honoured, but surprised. "Oh... I mean, stories are part of who we are, that much is true, but I am hardly experienced with plays, Kitsu-sama! In fact, I have probably seen more here than I had in the last ten years..." He waves his hands, humbly... but then nods. "But with all that, if Kitsu-sama would like to show me what you have... I would be honoured to look at it. Just... I'm not sure I would be much help."
The Kitsu nods.

"Even if not, it is your right as his clansmen to see any of this before I try anything with it."

He hands over the play in full.

"Here - this is all that i have so far."

If taken, The play itself - which it describes as having a few 'scenes missing', is a functional retelling of the events (2 successes). It focuses on the viewpoints of the Sparrow Clan champion at the time and Suzume Shiro himself, as the former speaks to the geopolitical situation of the time the latter speaks to the kami, of which there are three named. Bo is a kami of earth, Kaze is a kami of air, and Mi is a kami of water. The kami comment on Shiro's humane priestly actions, always bickering, but aside their differences after the third act climax in order to restore the harvest.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:10 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:32 pm
The Kitsu nods.

"Even if not, it is your right as his clansmen to see any of this before I try anything with it."

He hands over the play in full.

"Here - this is all that i have so far."

If taken, The play itself - which it describes as having a few 'scenes missing', is a functional retelling of the events (2 successes). It focuses on the viewpoints of the Sparrow Clan champion at the time and Suzume Shiro himself, as the former speaks to the geopolitical situation of the time the latter speaks to the kami, of which there are three named. Bo is a kami of earth, Kaze is a kami of air, and Mi is a kami of water. The kami comment on Shiro's humane priestly actions, always bickering, but aside their differences after the third act climax in order to restore the harvest.
The Sparrow bows again, respectfully, and takes the offered screenplay. He keeps silent the whole time while reading, and longer still after it.

"Hm. I would say it is an appealing retelling, Kitsu-sama. I particularly like the interplay between the elemental kami, and their agreement after Shirou-sama's sacrifice.", he finally says. "I... notice you've not included a fire kami, though?" Another long silence. "I'm not particularly knowledgeable about the elemental spirits, of course, as you would probably expect... but may I ask why that is so?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 am

The Kitsu realized his mistake, nodding appreciatively.

"Good catch, Suzume-san. The primary reason is that I was paying too much attention to the record, I feel, and fire never really came into the tale. Adding a fourth elemental Kami could balance out those scenes quite well."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:15 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 4:25 am
The Kitsu realized his mistake, nodding appreciatively.

"Good catch, Suzume-san. The primary reason is that I was paying too much attention to the record, I feel, and fire never really came into the tale. Adding a fourth elemental Kami could balance out those scenes quite well."
He nods with a serene, pleased smile. "I... wondered if it had anything to do with Fire's destructive nature. I feel I should learn more about such things... but perhaps that might give the story a bit of a different spin."

He looks at the paper again, pondering for another long while.

"Hm... also, may I ask why the presentation both from the champion's and Suzume Shirou-sama's perspectives? Do you feel... the play can get more lively by focusing on two views instead of only one?"
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:19 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:15 pm
He nods with a serene, pleased smile. "I... wondered if it had anything to do with Fire's destructive nature. I feel I should learn more about such things... but perhaps that might give the story a bit of a different spin."

He looks at the paper again, pondering for another long while.

"Hm... also, may I ask why the presentation both from the champion's and Suzume Shirou-sama's perspectives? Do you feel... the play can get more lively by focusing on two views instead of only one?"
The Kitsu nods.

"I was thinking more how it shows the impact Shiro-sama had not just in the moment, but on the clan as a whole. To drive home how strong his sense of duty and compassion was, how he was loved by all."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:53 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:19 am
The Kitsu nods.

"I was thinking more how it shows the impact Shiro-sama had not just in the moment, but on the clan as a whole. To drive home how strong his sense of duty and compassion was, how he was loved by all."
Senseki nods as well, acknowledging the Kitsu's answer, but once again he falls quiet and seems deep in thought, maybe for a whole minute.

"That is a very touching homage indeed, Kitsu-sama", he finally says with another nod, his brow still furrowed in thought. "I wonder, though..."

The Sparrow's eyes lower to the ground, and he falls silent for some more time. "I might be completely wrong in this, Kitsu-sama. But... from my experience back home, it's rather the people's voices and love, of samurai and heimin alike, that show one's duty to the clan, not mainly that of our Daimyo." His voices seems a bit uncertain at the end, as if he was not sure how to put this - or if he should. But his smile widens slightly, and he continues. "Perhaps that is a misunderstanding from one at a minor village in a Minor Clan... and perhaps that sounds too foreign to someone like Kitsu-sama. But... I have the feeling that, among the Sparrow, to linger on the people's voice may be the greatest we would strive to? So... perhaps that might be how Shirou-sama's importance could be best imparted to the audience?"

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:57 am

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:53 am
The Sparrow's eyes lower to the ground, and he falls silent for some more time. "I might be completely wrong in this, Kitsu-sama. But... from my experience back home, it's rather the people's voices and love, of samurai and heimin alike, that show one's duty to the clan, not mainly that of our Daimyo." His voices seems a bit uncertain at the end, as if he was not sure how to put this - or if he should. But his smile widens slightly, and he continues. "Perhaps that is a misunderstanding from one at a minor village in a Minor Clan... and perhaps that sounds too foreign to someone like Kitsu-sama. But... I have the feeling that, among the Sparrow, to linger on the people's voice may be the greatest we would strive to? So... perhaps that might be how Shirou-sama's importance could be best imparted to the audience?"
The Kitsu thought deeply upon this.

"Let me take a note of that idea if I may, Suzume-san; that is definitely an idea to consider. I wrote from the Kuge perspective because it was the one I knew best during my time in the Sparrow lands, but perhaps I should value how best to show the man than how to show my respect for him. Thank you, Suzume-san; So far, you have been very helpful."
PM if thread desired

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:09 am

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:57 am
The Kitsu thought deeply upon this.

"Let me take a note of that idea if I may, Suzume-san; that is definitely an idea to consider. I wrote from the Kuge perspective because it was the one I knew best during my time in the Sparrow lands, but perhaps I should value how best to show the man than how to show my respect for him. Thank you, Suzume-san; So far, you have been very helpful."
The Sparrow lets out a silent chuckle. "Kitsu-sama, please take my suggestions with a grain, or a handful, of salt. As I said, my experience with plays is very limited."

A kind smile as he looks at the Lion. "And again, I found your version very enjoyable... and that Kitsu-sama is even making the endeavour of writing this is a great honour to my people"