[D9, LA, Expecting] Nap Time

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Unsei

[D9, LA, Expecting] Nap Time

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:37 pm

It wasn't every day that Unsei went into their room and took a nap, but today was one such occasion. After a busy morning using their head and a restless night thinking that their cousin was going to wring their neck at any moment, they were left a bit tired. Not terribly, but enough to choose to rest in their room for the later part of the afternoon.

As always, their room held their table covered in star charts, their precious gemstone divination dice, their divination cards, and a half eaten mochi on a small plate. To the side, where their bed should've been, was a chest with their clothes and sitting on top of it was their hat.

Then there was the mountain of pillows. It was massive and looked incredibly fluffy, with pillows of all shapes, sizes, and makes. There might've been a pillow or two from the rooms of others... but they wouldn't know anything about that, as they had servants fetch them all these pillows.

In the middle of this pile of pillows, black strands of hair just everywhere, was a vaguely napping Unsei and a duckling that was sitting on their chest like they owned the place.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D9, LA, Expecting] Nap Time

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:43 pm

Soyokaze paced outside the room, unsure if this was the right thing to do. With a box of sweets tucked under one arm he knocked gently three times. "Unsei-sama, it is Asahina Soyokaze are you in?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:48 pm

"Wha....?" Came a sleepy voice. "Come on in, I dont wanna get up." They grumbled. They hadn't quite been expecting anyone, but they at least had the sense to sit up now.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:27 pm

Soyokaze entered timidly, seeing the Seppun in their states of near slumber he stopped in the doorway. "Oh I'm so sorry Unsei-sama, I did not mean to interrupt your slumber I can return later you should rest." He set the box down on the nearest surface he could find and began to back away.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:37 pm

"Get in here, Asahina-san." They said, rubbing the sleep from their eyes. "What is it that you needed?" Then they seemed to notice the box that was now gracing their table. "You... brought something?"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:52 pm

The Asahina closed the door and picked up the box, bringing it over to the Seppun. "Hai, I stopped off and picked up some mochi, I know you enjoy it." He placed the box down in front of them. "I really am sorry if I have disturbed you, I was just...I was hoping to borrow some of your wisdom. The past few days have been like riding an angry stallion and they say you are a seer. I could used such insight but I do not want to be a burden."
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:00 am

They looked at the mochi and then to Soyokaze. "Eh..?" That was something they weren't expecting, but then they seemed to remember the rest of what he said and nodded. "Oh. Yeah. Uh. Okay. So first things first. I need you to do something for me first. I know it's going to be difficult for you, but I'd like for you to do it, okay?" They waited for a moment. "I need you to calm down and relax. Stop with the whole 'I'm a burden' stuff. You aren't. I'm not going to challenge you to any duels or anything either because I don't care enough about that... unless you insult me. If you don't do like 'Oh Unsei, your hair is straight trash today' then we'll be okay. Just a shugenja and a forgemaster having a chat. If you want to keep acting all meek and scared, I'll just introduce you to my cousin because she likes people like that and you can go off and have fun with her."

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:02 am

"I understand, I think I've angered enough Seppun for a lifetime." he gave Unsei a nod of understanding instead of his usual formal bow.
Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:03 am

Bubbly laughter emerged from Unsei at that. "I take it you found my other cousin, huh? He's a bit of a... Well. Got a very large stick up his ass, doesn't he?"

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:08 am

"We had and...encounter...in the baths yesterday. He evaded all my questions and asked me if i had found success here. I inadvertently let one's name slip who has enchanted me and he took great offense, demanding I stop courting her. If I didn't know better I would think that he is interested in her as well, which would complicate things greatly. He was also upset that I would not tell him the name of the Lion who is my rival for the woman's affection. I stood my ground as best I could but it was...not fun." he opened the box of mochi and presented it to the Seppun." Please share this with me."
Description