(D8 EE) We Skipped a Step

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

(D8 EE) We Skipped a Step

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:02 am

Murato made his way to the stables, having heard that Bayarama might be there. He found he didn't feel as bad as he might about their previous interactions. Though he did feel a bit bad that he knew here more intimately physically than anyone else here and yet knew next to nothing about her personally. And that couldn't be right.

So he went hunting for the Moto.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Moto Bayarmaa

Re: (D8 EE) We Skipped a Step

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:19 am

It wasn't too hard to find her. The Unicorn steeds were significantly bigger than all the guests ponies, and were kept together. And tending to one of them was a familiar Moto.

She bowed when she caught sight of him.

"Ah, Kitsu-san, came for that lesson at last?" she said with a smile.
Unicorn Clan * Cavalry* Miai Candidate

"C'mon, it's a sake bar. One song won't hurt anything, and I've bet you've got a great voice."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 am

"I have," he says with a smile as he draws close to the stall. He looks to the large horse with an intrigued expression. "Just as big as Arvel is," he says referring to the other Moto's horse. "What's their name?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:05 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:48 am
"I have," he says with a smile as he draws close to the stall. He looks to the large horse with an intrigued expression. "Just as big as Arvel is," he says referring to the other Moto's horse. "What's their name?"
"Persik" she said. "I'd advise against getting too close. They're bred for war, and might not take to you as well as I have."

Persik gave a snort.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:15 am

Murato looked over the horse, wondering if there was anything spiritually different about these majestic beasts. His eyes shine a bit as he looks into Persik's eyes.

He nods to Bayarama. "The Lion train actual lions for war. They can be temperamental as well. A cousin of mine does so and I've only been able to pet one without it looking at me like a snack. So your warning is heard and respected," he says with a smile. "I would not wish to upset Persik."

----

D8 EE, Theology [Void], Curiosity | TN: ? | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image Image
1Opportunity symbol to offset 1Strife symbol, 2Strife symbol gained

Total: 5Strife symbol

Saibankan

Post by Saibankan » Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:36 am

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:15 am
Snip

There wasn't anything supernatural about the horse, it wasn't secretly an onikage, and it came by it's great size naturally. Still, there was something in it's horsey eyes that Murato felt a sort of...kinshi8p of warriors. He briefly wondered if some samurai at some point had ever wished for the freedom of running over the open plains and was reborn as this magnificent horse. The horse nodded it's head at Murato, and only his formidable training in etiquette kept him from bowing to the horse.
Non-Human * Gamemaster * Headmaster of Hope's Peak Academy * Mastermind

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:06 am

He doesn't bow, but he does take it as a sign that Murato can approach respectfully. And he does so, coming within arms reach, though he doesn't reach out for Persik as he does not wish to spook or upset the Moto's mount.

I suppose we have that in common now, Persik. Ridden by the same Moto warrior, he thinks to himself before before smiling softly to the horse.

"Well, Persik is quite beautiful. I almost feel sad that they must be contained here in this small stall when they could be out running," he states. "Which is something I would love to see."

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:12 pm

Bayarmaa nodded.

"Well, given the weeather, you'll only see that if you're riding Persik with me, Kitsu-san." Bayarmaa suggested.

"C'mon, it's a sake bar. One song won't hurt anything, and I've bet you've got a great voice."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:30 pm

"I won't say no, if Persik won't," he says reaching out with one hand towards his nose to see how comfortable the horse is with the Lion's presence. Checking to see if he can pet the snout without spooking.

Moto Bayarmaa

Post by Moto Bayarmaa » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:48 pm

The horse did not look particularly thrilled with the Lion approaching it, and Bayarmaa intercepted the Lion's hand before it got too close.

"Hey now. You're going to find it difficult to play the shamisan if you feed your hand to Pelsik. Plus it's awful for him too." she warned.

The bonus for having a legitimate reason to take his hand in public went unspoken, but it was a warm hand.