(D8, MA, Baths) Let's Try Again (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Yuzu

Re: (D8, MA, Baths) Let's Try Again (Open)

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:46 pm

“Nani?” He blinks, as his eyes move to the Crane again. Yuzu mentions, “Asahina-san’s life is his Champions’s and the Emperor’s. Not mine.”

“I could give you a few days. But you meant no offense. I took no offense. No grounds for dueling at all.”
Imperial • Bushi • Kuge • Governor • Blessed • Dangerous • Precocious
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Wears: Iron Sheath, Daisho, (No Knife from D13 on)
Outdoor Gear: Lacquered armor, Naginata, Traveling Pack
Indoor Gear: Sanctified robes

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:57 pm

"I live and die by the Emperor's grace and there are no greater servants of his will than the Seppun but I thank you for your mercy." He began scrubbing vigorously again. "Now is just not the most ideal time." he rinsed himself again and made his way to the open pool, his skin red and raw. "I hope you are finding success in this Miai and you find the event to your liking. I imagine that as a member of an imperial family you have more of a say in matchmakers decision than most."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:05 am

The Imperial facepalms. Again, he wasn’t quite able to decipher if Soyokaze was being cynical or simply blunt. He shakes his head, and the harsher tone returns to his voice, “Don’t you see how poorly I am doing day after day? Honestly, Asahina-san. I have less saying in my marriage than the any of you! That’s tradition. The higher you are, the less you can choose, since it gets done for you to keep politics flowing. I accepted your words, but they seem to begin to skew. Are you sure you want to keep up with this sort of questioning?”
Honor: Honor Is the Ideal • Status: Chisei District Governor • Glory: Reputable Samurai
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:18 am

The Crane looked genuinely confused, clearly expecting a different demeanor from the Imperial. "I am sorry my lord, I will refrain from speaking."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:26 am

The Imperial sighs, and washes his face. Too much pressure was starting to get some cracks visible. He sets back and replies after a moment of silence. "Tell me how Asahina-san is faring."

Done. That should soothe things up.
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:00 am

Soyokaze was hesitant to speak but knew better than to keep an Imperial waiting. "Poorly my lord. My performances in these odd Shika tests has not been favorable and I have done an equally poor job in meeting people. One has caught my heart but I am not the only who seeks her favor. We are having dinner together in a few hours." He eyed the washing area and considered another scrubbing.
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:49 am

He nods, having –– perhaps –– similar feelings. "These trials are indeed odd. In any chance, I trust the wisdom of the Deer. This is where they do shine, after all."

Moving to the other edge of the tub so there's no need to raise his voice, Yuzu says, "If I may be so bold as to provide insight: beware of these heart-catchers. You might invest too much feelings into someone that the Shika might not pair you with. Worse, rumors could mar your name and that of whomever caught your heart. Imagine what would happen when they list out the pairings and these two are not together, but someone else –– perhaps quite sour of what might have transpired around here."
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:39 pm

"I welcome any advice you have to give -sama but this one's heart is already caught. The only thing giving me pause is the unknowable mind of the matchmakers and..other suitors vying for her hand. Worse still my rival seems a good man, still worse...he is a Lion which makes any interaction between us difficult. The Crane in me wants to hate him but he has given no reason, and his fellow Lion have been tripping over one another to befriend me, which I do not trust one bit. The Shika hold all the power here though, be it me, him or another all I suppose I can do is pray that Bai-san is happy. As I will pray you find what you seek."
Description

Seppun Yuzu

Post by Seppun Yuzu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:22 pm

"B-Bai-s... Nani?" The Imperial narrows his gaze and asks, "Who's this other Lion?"
DescriptionTheme

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:24 pm

Soyokaze's eyes grew wide, realizing he had let her name slip. "I...I am sorry -sama but it is not my place to say. You are...acquainted with Kaito Oubaihime-san I take it?" His voice was a plea that he was wrong.
Description