[D8, LM, Ishioka's room, expecting] Figuring things out

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D8, LM, Ishioka's room, expecting] Figuring things out

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:58 am

As she tries to catch her breath and slow her heart, he gently, steadily strokes her back. Affirming what he's always tried to say. "It's safe. I've got you," he says ever so quietly, almost like it had been meant to stay silently in his head.

After she speaks, his eyes find hers with a look that makes clear he will not be saying this is "better." He sighs, thankful regardless for this time to just be close to her.

"I think... it is important to do it this way. We know our hearts. We will... think about how the future should be, how it can be..." He's clearly trying to sound optimistic, like a good future for them is within reach. He closes his eyes, taking a slightly tired breath.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:13 pm

Eventually, she regretfully crawls off Ishioka to curl up sitting next to him, dark eyes watching his every movement, drinking it in as she's still settling down.
"Right," the weight of everything still left unsaid, still undetermined, came crashing back into the room and Narumi felt the pit in her stomach return, frowning thoughtfully.
"Figuring out how to .. harmoniously move forward from this point with the least amount of heartache, hopefully determining what will make all parties happiest... What they can sit with at the end of the day... That needs to be done, even if our planning becomes moot, contingent on what the Deer decide," she shrugged lightly, shaking her head, and pushed damp locks of hair back from her face, letting her gaze drop to the floor. Again, the more talking she did about the topic, the worse she felt.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:11 pm

"Hey," the Lion says gently, rising to kneel in front of Narumi. He leans in and kisses her cheek, not too lightly and not too strong. Controlled.

"I will not impose my will on you. I will protect you. When I say we'll do this together, I mean it. We can do it together. Just keep trusting me, like you did in the dojo." The concern on his face is real as he tries to pull her back from the dark thoughts, but what's even more present is his calm certainty. He believes. He takes her hands in his and holds them up in the small space between them, squeezing gently.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:07 pm

She tried on a smile at the squeeze, and lifted his hands to meet her lips once more.
"I'll protect you as well," she murmured softly. His certainty and belief helps, but it's not that easy for her to match his confidence. It isn't in her nature.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands