[D8, LE, Expecting] The Beast Has Awakened

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Seppun Unsei

[D8, LE, Expecting] The Beast Has Awakened

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:15 pm

Unsei knew that they were mere moments away from death. They could feel it soaking deep into their very bones. Each thunderous beat of their heart made them fearful, believing that it was the stomps of the miniature wall that was much too mobile for their preference.

They had to work quickly.

The hand of the Seppun shook as they painted the seal of their door. They knew the angry Oni would take her cruel time in order to taint Unsei's flesh with the sweet taste of fear and panic, yet the vile tactic was working too well. Every small noise and bump startled them, causing the average-sized Imperial to jump and squeak. Death hung heavy in the air. Emma-o-no-kami was preparing himself for what was to come as his willworker let her rage consume her mind and body in nothing more than a red sheen of hatred and pain. Pain that she would unleash upon the poor shugenja in punishment for their foolish actions.

Though it was a shaky job, they managed to finish the barrier and then went and hid in their room underneath all of the pillows, thinking maybe the Beast would pass on by if they didn't look like they were there.

-------
Void/Theology D8, threshold barrier to hide from Luixian. | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image
(Barrier lasts for 2 hours (1 base+1 for bonus succ) against humans (TN3 void/meditation to enter). The Opp is used to seal the entire room against entry.)
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Bayushi Luixian

Re: [D8, LE, Expecting] The Beast Has Awakened

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:31 pm

It didn't take Luixian long to guess where the Seppun would be hiding this evening. Yet her steps weren't one of anger. They were steady and slow; on a mission as she moved through the halls and then finally to Unsei's door. Silently she stood there and composed herself before speaking.

"Open up little Unsei. I'm here to talk and you know the reason why."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:35 pm

"...No! You're gonna stab me and not in the fun way!" They shouted. "Unless you aren't going to stab me... and just want to talk... in which case I might... but also maybe not!" Their voice was a bit muffled from all of the pillows they were under, as well as the door being there.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:16 pm

Luixian opened the door with a surprising calm but when she found she couldn't go any further was when the issue began.

"Let me in or I will break down the wall. You know I am not above it. As I said I want to chat but I will be spoke to face to face."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:28 pm

They slowly peeked out from underneath their pile of pillows.

"... There. We're face to face. Though.. um... How did you.... Did everything go well with the pretty boy?" They asked, doing their best to make it seem pleasant and nice instead. "I... know you're likely mad at me about it, but he's honestly a dick of the highest degree. He had asked me for a reading and so eventually that topic lead to his strict parents. I jokingly said that we'd go out and do something fun tonight, but then he made it seem like I was forcing him. Not wanting to feel like I was basically making this man go along, I told him to forget it. Then he started all acting like a Lion, you know, and saying his word is his honor and shit like that and so that he'd go. Well, I still felt like I had bullied him into it, so I told him once again to forget about it, especially since he pulled some bullshit about how I was an Imperial and he couldn't say no, even though I told him multiple times that I'm not a hardass like some of my family are.

"Well, he went off on me saying that I was important and all this and that, but then got up and walked off. Before he completely got out of earshot, he told me to meet him at the geisha house and like I said, he was a cunt so I didn't want to. I thought maybe you could have some fun with him or something, so he doesn't waste his time going there to only be stood up... Even though you can't be stood up on a meeting that the other party didn't fucking agree to, but I'm sure he was all in your ear about how I stood him up." They explained in a huff, clearly upset over the whole debacle.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:17 pm

The mask sat unmoving on her face. Its three eyed gaze never moving once from the quivering Imperial trapped in their own room.

"Let me in." The words were spoken without anger but they were notably plain. "You understand that this was a waste of everyone's time." Her body language was tense as if waiting for the moment to pounce on unsuspecting prey.
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:40 pm

"A-Are you going to beat the shit out of me?" They asked, clutching a pillow in front of their chest as if that would stop her fist in any way shape or form. "Because you know how fragile I am... and I didn't think it would be a waste of your time. I t-thought maybe you and the Kitsu could have some fun together. He's really uppity, but he's not exactly ugly either, and..." They leaned forward and whispered some. "I know you like brats and the little meek ones, and how you like to.... you know... play with them."

They wiggled their eyebrows, trying to make this better, but instead basically adding oil to the fire.

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:09 am

"We will speak later when you aren't being a scared bitch." Her words were eerily calm before walking away.
Profile/Description

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:34 am

"... okay..." Unfortunately, Unsei was actually rather dumb and took Luixian at her word. So, thinking they were just going to have a chat tomorrow, and knowing that their barrier would be up for a decent bit longer, Unsei shut their door back and... headed to sleep. Bitches need their three times slots of consecutive sleep.