A Minor Meeting (D8 MA, Common Room, Expecting)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Suzume Senseki

A Minor Meeting (D8 MA, Common Room, Expecting)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:53 am

Senseki had settled for rice and yams again... but today, after all the sweating in the morning, he decided he could do with some fish as well. A small, humble portion, of the simplest fish the Inn had on offer, but it was still something special for him.

He decided to sit down at a table close to the central garden, despite the rain - in fact, the humidity made the temperature more comfortable, and observing the moving leaves and hearing the rustling and the pattering of the rain makes for a rather relaxing meal. He kept thinking as he ate... he was still unsure about many things about his time here. He'd hoped he might get closer to other Minor Clanners, for one thing. Strengthen the ties the Sparrow had, and his own... as his long-time friend among the Fox made clear, this was definitely very important. And yet, he felt he hadn't had time to speak to most of the other Minor Clanners...

... some of them were so popular, too! The Otter, for instance... how would one like him even get close to them?

He kept pondering as he slowly tasted the first bite of the fish. A soft smile crept into his lips despite his worries...
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Usogawa Narumi

Re: A Minor Meeting (D8 MA, Common Room, Expecting)

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:05 am

What good fortune is it then that an Otter should appear! After a light lunch with Yasu-san, Narumi heads to the common room of the inn while her gaze flickers around in quiet assessment. Spotting the Sparrow after a moment, and mildly recognizing him from the gift-giving ceremony... She heads over!
Upon approach, she waits to be noticed. "Excuse this one... Suzume-san? Can I sit with you? This one is called Usogawa Narumi, and she's disappointed not to have met you yet! The bonsai you presented was simply beautiful, did you cultivate it yourself?" Her expression is a kind one.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm

Nesshin, having heard about something going on at the inn, makes his way thence. Seeing an assembly beginning, he reasons that it is what he's heard about, so he makes his way over, asking "May I join you?"

Smiling, he adds, "Usogawa-san, it is a joy to see you again! I trust the past days have been kind to you?"
Kaikoga nee Shika Nesshin
Male Deer Clan Gamekeeper / Security Personnel
Glory 42; Honor 36; Status 41
Profile here: http://kyudenshika.fallenash.com/viewto ... 80&start=4
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

Starting D1, has a silver and purple ribbon tied to his obi, as well.
D9, has a broom in hand and bandages on his hands.
D10-12, has a small whisk broom also thrust through his obi.
D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Courtship Points: 31

"You look lost. Let me show you the way to something nice."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:33 pm

Pleasantly numb, she hears her name and smiles widely at the Deer. "Shika-san! What a pleasure. And indeed, getting better by the moment. I hope you're also well? I'm sure you make friends everywhere you feet take you, and to those friends you'd offer your invaluable support given struggles they might find themselves up against? We should all be so lucky, but particularly your friends in light blue."

----------
D8MA Agenda, Garner Deer clan military support for the Crane clan (Earth/Courtesy) | TN: 1 | Success: 4 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:41 pm

"Seeing you," Nesshin replies, "and seeing you so happy, how can I not be doing well? And even if I will be reporting to the temple soon enough--a person must eat, after all--I remain hopeful of a path to the magistracy.

"But wherever that path takes me, I hope always to see friends upon it," he adds, "and to dine with them, deeply and with relish."

He looks at her, winks. "I look forward to it always."

~~~~~
Agenda roll https://sakkaku.org/rolls/1419
Passes at 2Success symbol0Opportunity symbol0Strife symbol
+1 Agenda Point
Normally in traveling clothes with a blue-and-gold obi, carrying a wakizashi, a fancy damned fan, and an omamori; carries a tsunoyari outside, too; carries a tsunoyari and wears ashigaru armor on watch, too; has trinkets, etc. at most times

D11+, has a second fan.

Playful, irrepressibly flirtatious, blessed by Benten, blessed in lineage. Often smells of cedar.

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:36 pm

Usogawa Narumi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:05 am
What good fortune is it then that an Otter should appear! After a light lunch with Yasu-san, Narumi heads to the common room of the inn while her gaze flickers around in quiet assessment. Spotting the Sparrow after a moment, and mildly recognizing him from the gift-giving ceremony... She heads over!
Upon approach, she waits to be noticed. "Excuse this one... Suzume-san? Can I sit with you? This one is called Usogawa Narumi, and she's disappointed not to have met you yet! The bonsai you presented was simply beautiful, did you cultivate it yourself?" Her expression is a kind one.
Shika Nesshin wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:48 pm
Nesshin, having heard about something going on at the inn, makes his way thence. Seeing an assembly beginning, he reasons that it is what he's heard about, so he makes his way over, asking "May I join you?"

Smiling, he adds, "Usogawa-san, it is a joy to see you again! I trust the past days have been kind to you?"
The Suzume's smile widens as he turns to greet first the Otter, then the Deer with a seated bow. "Shika-san, pleased to see you again! And Usogawa-san, what a nice surprise! Please, you two, I'll be happy for some company!"

As they say their pieces, he makes place for them on the table - and as he does so tells them a short story about fortuitous meetings - especially fortuitous meetings among the Minor Clans - and how unity among them is important.

"Oh... but excuse my habits! How has the day found you so far? And... well, the Miai?"

OOC:
Sorry for disappearing, RL was biting me hard in the behind this time! I'll try to make at least 'something' out of this conversation!

Also - Shika-san, with this maybe we could halt the D7 conversation midway through (sadly?) establishing that we at least got to know each other and go for another one on D9 or D10? :(
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:41 pm

OOC
I'd be good with that. There're plenty of D9 temple threads open...

D11+, has a second fan.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:44 pm

She grins at the Deer's playful wink, then nods to the Sparrow before taking a seat, rubbing her hands together idly to stop them from tingling from of the shared shochu with Yasu just previously.
"You're too kind to share you time with us, Suzume-san; we're well met!"
He asks after the miai itself and Narumi's wide smile returns easily. "It's certainly an event, isn't it? I have to admit, deciphering all the going's on and hints of pairings-off has been interesting to watch."

Shika Nesshin

Post by Shika Nesshin » Thu Aug 26, 2021 2:49 pm

"Any particular insights reveal themselves to you?" Nesshin asks. "It's always interesting to get the perspective of other matchmakers on things going on, like bushi studying other styles."

D11+, has a second fan.

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:02 pm

"Oh! I'm entirely out of my element," she admits freely, perhaps more freely than she would otherwise, but shochu.
"I could wager educated guesses regarding some of the tests, but..." a light shrug of slender shoulders, and her smile stays in place, cheeks slightly flushed but not overtly so. "There are certain elements I look for when arranging marriages on the river, and I see similarities, but the reasons for the Deer looking at such things could be entirely different from what I'd garner personally."