(D8 EA, Yasu's room) The Differences of Days

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kuni Yasu

(D8 EA, Yasu's room) The Differences of Days

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:34 am

Yasu's set up to receive her guest with tea, cold noodles, and oranges, already peeled with the wedges laid attractively on a pale blue plate...someone in the kitchen was feeling creative, apparently.
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Re: (D8 EA, Yasu's room) The Differences of Days

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:24 am

A scritch-scratch at the edge of Yasu's door announcing Narumi, waiting patiently on the other side.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:54 am

It's only a moment before the door opens, and Yasu, dressed informally and coiled hair still a touch damp from post-workout bathing smiles and offers a bow of greeting. Stepping aside, she gestures to the small table and cushions laid out. "I asked the kitchen for something light, but if you haven't had lunch I could ask them for some rice or soup as well."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 4:57 am

The bow is returned and the Otter steps inside Yasu's room, glancing about for anything that may have changed since the last time she was here.
Her expression is a touch above friendly, more like endearing, and she notes the table, "Oh! No this is just fine, thank you. I don't have much of an appetite. Should we sit? How are you?" she realizes she's front-loading questions and smiles sheepishly.

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:18 am

The room itself has seen little change, being a standard inn room, and Yasu being rather tidy. The medicine chest is in its spot, a few sheets of paper rest atop it, two neat squares and one squashed-looking attempt at origami. Well, that's probably what it is.

Yasu herself has a jade pendant resting at her collarbone that Narumi can no doubt identify as Tanabe's and a cord with a wooden crab charm around the wrist that used to have a bracelet of jade beads.

"Of course! Have a seat. And no obligation to eat anything, though I'll pour some...tea?" she considers the pairings of the past few days, "Or medicinal shochu?"

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:28 pm

The difference to the Crab are noted with a soft smile. "oh? Definitely the shochu." she answers maybe a little too quickly, tilting her head to one side slightly. She lowers herself on a cushion, still sore from the sumai but nothing like she'd been after kemari. She winces a bit on contact.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:46 pm

Yasu nods with a bit of a rueful smile, opening the small cabinet and then a small drawer at the bottom. "Well, I guess we are getting past the point where everyone's just a little friendly, and emotions are high," she says with a sigh, working the wax and stopper from the mouth of the small bottle. She pours a fumey, potent inch of the distilled alcohol in each teacup.

Sliding one across the table, she lifts her own to dip gingerly, feeling it hit her eyes. There is nothing refined about the drink. It's simply there to anesthetize.

"foo! So... how've the days treated you then?"

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:35 pm

"Thank you.." She takes the shot back like a Crab and winces like hell at the burn. "Ah ah, I asked you first."

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:20 am

ooc *shakes fist* :lol:
Painted brows lift as Narumi throws the drink back, but she pours another inch, chuckling and topping her own off while she's at it. A small mental note to include a packet of tea for hangovers is made.

"You did! Sneaky git!" It's clear she's teasing though as she sets the bottle to the side and settles in.

"Well you saw the events, same as I did. Tanabe's been amazing on a stage, though I'm a little worried that his training set us a bit too equally and hurt his standings." She doesn't seem all *that* worried though. "But the bout was incredibly fun up there...even ending up flat on my back...ok maybe especially that part." She grins, and sips with a solid appreciation for the way the fumes cleared her sinuses. "Your bout with Ishioka was fun to watch."

And as long as she's talking about the Matsu. "He's been..." she shakes her head. "I don't think he's ever had so much going on or so many decisions to make at once before. Honestly a little worried for him."

She sighs and wave a hand..."And then there's complications. But..." She grins and taps the table in front of Narumi. "that'll wait...your turn!"

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:33 am

She's happy to exist in the space of the Kuni's good mood, and it's almost infectious. The refilled cup is half-knocked back this time with a sharp intake of air between her teeth.
"You two certainly looked like you enjoy one another tremendously and it warms this one to see it," she says honestly, before Yasu brings up her own match and Narumi grows a bit more serious. She picks up the cup of shochu and promptly forgets about it.
"Hai, he performed admirably... I worry about my effect on his standing as well, given my limitations. It wasn't difficult to best me, but ... I hope the judges notice his resolve and finesse, his compassion, the effort he put into not harming me..." she wound off, loosing track before remembering she had the half empty cup in her hand and knocking it back.