(D8 EA, Yasu's room) The Differences of Days

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kuni Yasu

Re: (D8 EA, Yasu's room) The Differences of Days

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 am

"Then I hope the Deer set you two together." Yasu says simply. It wouldn't set Ishioka's heart at ease, but she couldn't deny that the simplicity and happiness in the match was very hard for her to argue with. "You'd set a good example for those you'd be matching. I feel like there's some comfort in having a nakodo that's obviously happy with their match."

Her eyes narrow a bit at that, looking suspiciously into her cup, as if the shochu has anything to do with her thoughts. "Have you even seen Shika Pei Pei-sama's spouse? Do we know that they're happy? Or hiding as far from her as they can get? Tucked away in shame?" She shakes the cup as if it has answers. "I'm going to be angry If I end up matched to some Dragon who's only good for sitting on rooftops because she can't actually recognize a good match when she sees it."
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly
Honor is the Ideal * Glory: Unremarkable Retainer * Status: 30 * CP: 16

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:49 am

Narumi blushed furiously at that and looked down into her cup for several moments.
Regarding Pei Pei, "I have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow with her. I can ask... Try to weasel in an innocent inquiry into the conversation?" She looks back at the Kuni and ticks an eyebrow upwards.
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:07 am

"Do you?" Painted brows rise. "Asking about her own match shouldn't be too out of line, should it? She's got to expect we'd be curious, right?"
Crab * Purifier * Big Lady * Face Paint * Excellent Bloodlines * Unwealthy * Friendly

Commonly worn: Clothes!; wakizashi with crab tsuba; small knife; scroll satchel--tied closed with blue & brown kumihimo braid and dangling apricot pit netsuke; elaborately woven ribbon tying up her hair; a jade necklace carved into a Badger head, carved wooden charms of crab and moth looped around a wrist with lavender ribbon.

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:10 pm

Narumi nodded as well, and the room swam. She squeezed her eyes closed for a moment before opening them again, "Hai; especially coming from me, if anyone."
She kept an easy smile on her lips, but set her cup down. "As positively lovely as this has been, I think I should head back to my room; it's been a long day already," she flushed again and pushed dark locks of damp hair back from her features. "Thank you for sharing your shochu. Next time I owe you, though. Your friendship has become irreplaceable."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Kuni Yasu

Post by Kuni Yasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:31 am

Yasu waves off intimations of owing anything. "It's been a pleasure to have someone to talk freely with, Usogawa-san." blinking back a bit of her own altered perception, she plucks a small packet from the medicine cabinet to pass over. "Something to help with aftereffects. best used in the next few hours."

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:37 am

Narumi's lips turned up in another smile, "Thank you.." she accepts the packet, tucking it into the pocket in her sleeve, and rising to her feet unsteadily. She takes a moment for the rush to her head to subside, for the room to stop spinning, for the threatening white out to wash over her, and she exhales slowly.
She's good! She bows (carefully) to Yasu, and /exit!