[D8 LE, Moshu's Room, Open] - Door's open til the night call

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D8 LE, Moshu's Room, Open] - Door's open til the night call

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:45 am

The Mourner looked over the gifts the young Deer had given him with a sense of pride. While maybe not appropriate for most of a miai, perhaps they were good places he could make use of them? The fan, for example, was something he might carry with pride, and the Haori could be useful later on in the day.

He looked to his door, realizing it was slide open a little. He.. didn't have the energy to close it, honestly. He'd deal with it before he slept, but until then he lit a candle and read No man's bride as the rain carried on.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Re: [D8 LE, Moshu's Room, Open] - Door's open til the night call

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 11:39 am

Koi couldn't sleep or at least settle down to sleep knowing that Genkai was sitting outside her fucking door all night and for the forseeable future. She had decided that she might do some wood carving either in her room or in the common room where it might be more acceptable. Kami knows that with the amount of work she has been doing the cat might loath her by the end of the miai. Perhaps, but she did do all she could to keep it clean.

As she came in with some repurposed wood that wasn't good enough for building with but was way to nice to use for firewood - some hazel, cedar, oak and yew which she had...found...around the town. As she walked back into the Inn she had turned too quickly around a corner after collecting the wood and accidently pumped into her Shadow who had moved to follow her as was his duty.

Koi grunted as she bumped into him, some apology but Koi resisted cussing him out as she began to pick up the logs outside the Kitsu's bedroom door. Her beautiful profile highlighted by the candle which made the jade in her eyes sparkle, and the light from the candle made her vitiligo give an eerie element to her beautiful features.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:25 pm

The Kitsu jolted at the crash, before looking to investigate.

Curiously, it appears to have bought someone carrying... wood? It took him another second to realize that it was a samurai. It took him a third to realize that whoa she was beauitful, and that she needed help. Thankful that he hadn't disrobed for the evening, he made his way to the door.

Quietly slipping his door open, it was then he truly realized who he was dealing with. His most recent memory was when she publicly denounced the rumours regarding her and Kitsu Murato. A part of him wondered what brought her to needing wood - perhaps she had been cold and sought some kind of fire?

Making sure to not be too close, the Mourner made his presence known. Sadly in the current light, he appeared more as a headless apparition with his jet black kimono than an actual human being.

"May I help you with those logs, Kaikoga-san?"
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:51 pm

Koi stopped bending down to pick up the wood she had collected before looking around slightly jumping at the appearance of the Mourner before she calmed herself with a small chuckle. "Ah, Kitsu-sama I am sorry for disturbing you with the noise. I lost my grip on the wood and dropped it." Koi laughed nervously. "Thank you for the offer."

She paused. "This one is Kaikoga Koi, a pleasure to meet you." She bowed her head respectfully, midway bowing for accepting his assistances which turned into a double bow.
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:21 pm

The bow was returned in kind.

"This one is Kitsu Moshumaru - the pleasure is all mine. I hope the evening has found you well thus-"

Gah! I didn't notice the servant in this light!

"Thus far." he began, picking up some of the dropped wood, "I admit, I know little of the Moth clan - is evening woodwork a common practice?"
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:32 pm

"A pleasure, Kitsu-sama. It seems there is a trio of your family at the Miai!" She said warmly, and kindly.

The peasant in the darkness appeared to be an actual Shika Guard who seems to keep a distances behind Koi keeping watch.

"It's been a rather mundane evening thus far but I have the pleasure of meeting someone new so I can only see it improving." She said warmly, kindly even quite a different person than the one who had turned away Murato.

Koi resisted making an innuendo involving wood. "Some might but no, we are largely painters, diviners and actors. I, however, enjoy woodworking and working with my hands it helps keep me zen."

Koi smiled, mischievously. "Plus with the way this miai is going, being able to work wood might be a good thing."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:15 pm

The Kitsu chuckled at the innuendo, before offering one of his own. "Who knows how our hobbies will come up - thanks to my brushwork, I have spent many a night writing dedications in pearl ink at cave shrines, so to speak."

He picked up another log.

"In any case, I am glad my presence could be of use - while there are indeed three of us, us Kitsu are different enough to be far from a trio." He didn't make any mention of how he was different, however, for he did not know her thoughts on the others. He instead claimed another log for his pile, sliding his door shut behind him.

"If you're willing the company, I'd love to hear more while you find your zen. Where should I take these?"

He gestured to the pile in his hand.
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 3:59 pm

Koi smiled, and blushed slightly equally appreciating the banter from the Kitsu. "What is your hobby then?" She asked picking the last piece up, and shifting the weight slightly. It was a fairly large amount for someone so small.

"Your family has been very kind and helpful in different ways since I have arrived in this city. I also enjoy the friendship of Kitsu Murato-sama but I fear he caught me on a particularly bad day and I haven't had the heart to speak to him about it yet." She said, looking down embarrassed.

Koi nodded. "I am working on a project at the moment I am hoping to get it done before the end of the miai. It's going to take time though."

She headed to an area outside that was sheltered and dry, in which Koi could woodwork in peace but have company.

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Tue Aug 24, 2021 4:43 pm

"Calligraphy has always been a hobby of mine. Although, I've been a poet, advisor, geisha and historian with the time I've had spare here, so who even knows anymore?" The Kitsu shrugged earnestly - it had been a long week.

"Although speaking of time, your project sounds interesting - would it appropriate to inquire what it is? If it's too personal then by all means, ignore the question." He didn't comment on the Murato situation, only knowing he didn't know enough.

What he did comment on, however, was their chosen location for work. He let out an appreciative whistle as he took in the view. "This is a really nice spot, well chosen. Do you come here often?"
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:46 pm

Koi allowed a small chuckle to escape her lips at the first comment. "I appreciate that, I did not know that being a sumai would be something I would need to know how to do."

Koi listened warmly before looking over the location. "Well, I approached The Cat when I arrived and was guided for this spot. It gives me a place to not make a mess, and to have some time to myself. I enjoy it. I am hoping to make a gift for each person part of the miai, I want to make a bracelet for everyone and to have their clan mon carved onto it. A memory, to keep." She said warmly.

"I thought I would use my time wisely." Koi chuckled, placing her tools beside her unrolling from a thicker fabric holder. They looked well used, and worn but fine enough. Not the tools of a Kakita but someone that uses them, and works them hard. She could perhaps use a new set but they seem to be holding up just fine as she began to strip bark off a log patiently.

"Have you found yourself enjoying the Miai?" Koi asked warmly.