[D8 LE, Moshu's Room, Open] - Door's open til the night call

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

Re: [D8 LE, Moshu's Room, Open] - Door's open til the night call

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:08 pm

The warmth is shown to be appreciated, as the Kitsu lets himself relax.

"This miai has been... would it be fair to say a whirlwind? I know not of your struggles, Kaikoga-san, but I have found myself in the eye of the storm that surrounds Kaito-san, a sister from telling a tale where both our souls wept, and embroiled in probably the biggest event in Deer politics. It is by luck alone I feel I have ranked as well as I have."

And that was before his own personal politics, sheesh.

"How about yourself, Kaikoga-san? I know the events have thrown many off, but I hope your time here has otherwise been smooth."
A small sigh.
"If what I've seen is anything to go by, I imagine not so.."

"A bracelet for everyone? that is..." His eyes widened, taking into account the enormity of the task, then he thought on the gift. "It is thoughtful, definitely. I may be no carver, but perhaps I can help in my own way - perhaps, to go with the bracelets, I could compose a short Haiku to accompany it?"
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Koi listened to the Lion speak and seemed confused. "Politics behind Kaito-san I do not followed, the politics since arriving this city but the rumours have been a mammoth of a mountain to take. What is going on?"

She blew off some chunks of bark before nodding and picking up her tools. "If I am going to be honest, this event has been a travesty. This is perhaps one of the worst weeks of my entire life, and I have had some doozies. You low-landers are just monstrous with what you call 'events'." Koi admitted sourly, not really directing at the Kitsu but had to generalise that way to be polite.

"My research has come to a halt. I have been attacked by a sakkuku spirt and wounded, though I am fine now. Every avenue I have bothered to look into has reduced to...dog shit..." Koi was speaking frankly, and perhaps without realising. "I have made a mockery of myself for tasks deemed suitable for someone who wants to get married because by the low dangling balls of Bishamon I need to be able to Sumo my beloved at some point in my marriage."

She stopped, looked at the Kitsu. "Apologies, it's been a while since I was this blunt."

Koi thought for a moment, and smiled. "Thank you for the offer, but I think I want to pursue this mission by myself. It won't be rewarded with any glory, or fame as it will go unmarked from myself. Thank you though."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:55 pm

The Kitsu seemed sympathetic.

"Please, do not worry about my sake. If I had gone through the week you had, I imagine I would have turned to violence by this point - gracious, Sakkaku spirits? Did... did they also happen to steal some clothing of yours, by chance? I know Kitsu Murato-san had some clothing stolen himself a few days ago, and that might explain where they went."

He slid from the topic when the time was appropriate.

"The storm surrounding Kaito-san is simply the number of suitors who seek her hand. Thankfully I never counted myself among them, being merely someone I end up discussing high philosophy with her like clan ethos and war." It was clear he found these talks amusing, if nothing else.
"Politically within the Deer clan, they are trying to decide whether or not to commit to helping the Crane in our war. I, of course, want them not to. But it's a close call - one which might tear the clan apart, at worst."

He sighed.

"Forgive me - it was probably inappropriate. Still, with your gifts, I admire your tenacity. To make one for everyone here must be quite a task."
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 9:57 am

Koi nodded. "Yeah, they stole our clothes but he should have had them returned by now." Koi rubbed her eye as she thought before saying honestly. "I havent the heart to approach him again after all that though, it's too...raw."

Koi moved on.

Listening to the Kitsu about Kaito and she found her eyes roll a little. "Do not let that bother you, Kitsu-sama. She is a beacon to those seeking a partner as this place, it allows you to have more of a pick to the other women who aren't her."

Plus, shallows do not hold much depth Koi thought, sighing.

Koi chuckles as she continued to work on the wooden animals. "Yes, its quite apparent where Lord Shika wants the alliance to lean towards and they arent exactly subtle about it. For one, I am glad I am a Moth Clan so I do not need to deal with such problems."

Glancing at the Lion. "Not inappropriate, it was appreciated but I don't want this to be a bit song and dance. Something simple is all." She smiled. "It was sweet of you to offer."
Moth Clan ★ Glory 44 ★ Honour 49 ★ Status 28 ★ Courtship Points 23 ★ Scent of Lilacs, Citrus oils and Almond ★

Update: Day 13. Koi is wearing a kimono in much higher quality, lilac in hues with green lunar moths and silver lanterns. She is wearing a jade green choker. She is wearing a katana that largely is peace tied, and at night has a very fine lantern. She is being followed at all times by a Shika Guard at a distances. She wears a fine wooden carved bracelet with the Moth Clan symbol on it.

Dangerous Allure ★ Wood working tools ★ Unsavoury Past ★ Shaking Hands ★ Anxiety Attacks ★ A Purple Choker with a wooden sphere of a Moth ★

Female ★ Actress ★ Vitiligo on the left eye ★ I'd never really found a place in the outside world, but had stayed away too long to fit in at home. ★ Wait so LongProfile

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 26, 2021 11:55 am

He chuckled.

"I can't say I'm bothered by the Kaito storm - on the contrary, I have found a port in this storm and have been moored for a long time. It is... amusing how sometimes these rivals make the same mistakes as each other."

He sighed at the alliance mention.

"It's the military commitment to the Crane which is the issue. If the Deer commit to this as the Crane required, they'll be a history note by the end of the generation. That they would be so cowardly as to draw upon a minor clan to fight their war is..."

He dropped that line of thought.

"Although, does the Moth clan want for anything? I am partially here to expand the Lion's communication and outreach to the minor clans. We have no want for a military alliance, of course, but perhaps we might be able to expand trade of some kind with the Moth, should they require it."
PM if thread desired

Kaikoga Koi

Post by Kaikoga Koi » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Koi smiled and raised her hand. "No. Forgive me if this sounds blunt but I not doing business with the Great Clans, Kitsu-sama simply because I am wholly the wrong person to make arrangements and would offer your clan absolutely nothing helpful. Plus we are deep in the Dragon Mountains, and scattered to the winds. By the stars, I couldnt even imagine speaking on behalf of my clan."

She nodded. "I have found enjoyment in several people at this in different ways. Who has caught your eye?" .

Koi had taken a knife out and began to hack off chunks of wood in thin but large curls.