[Day 8, Early Afternoon, Common Room] An Army Marches on Its Stomach (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shiba Raizo

[Day 8, Early Afternoon, Common Room] An Army Marches on Its Stomach (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:32 pm

He came in from the rain and quietly had a seat in the common room.

Lunch. Lunch would help.

He looked about. He'd spent more time in the Inn than he had in any building since his gempukku, and it was starting to feel a bit... claustrophobic.

I mean, I know everyone means well, but...

But he was starting to go stir-crazy.

Tune that out. Eat.

Well. As soon as a server approached, anyway... in the meantime...

In the meantime I can reflect on my total lack of hobbies to kill the time spent waiting. Yay.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Re: [Day 8, Early Afternoon, Common Room] An Army Marches on Its Stomach (Open)

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:55 am

Who better to help him tune out thoughts than Unsei. The gremlin of an Imperial walked into the inn like they were looking for someone to annoy... which was exactly what they were doing. Unfortunately, Raizo was the first one their honey-colored eyes landed on.

How terrible.

So, without further issue, Unsei walked straight up to him, bowed, and then sat down at the table like nothing was the matter.

"Hey there, Shiba-san!"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:57 am

Raizo perked up a bit and actually grinned.

"Seppun-sama! Been a while- how have you been?"

Nope, in no way did I see that attempt at a duet yesterday, no way, no how.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:13 am

Nobody saw that fucking duet. It was wiped out of all minds.

"I've been... decent. I'm alive. Doing pretty well overall, but still some darker spots. You know how it is. How've you been? Gracing some presences with your own, ey?"
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:32 am

"For a given value of grace, yes."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:43 am

"That's close enough. How've you been though? Doing well?"

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 3:01 am

"Well enough."

He frowned.

"Although it kind of figures that the first event I had a chance to excel at involved putting someone I care for in an embarrassing situation."
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:02 pm

"Doing better than me. My interest hasn't even looked in my direction in regards to doing an event together. Though, ah, it's not like the wrestling was a good position for anyone who did it with their romantic interest."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:48 pm

"The Deer could give the Scorpion pointers on offering 'gotcha' situations. At least you didn't square off against your cousin? Or Asahina Bo-san?"

Or me.
Remember to Breathe

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:59 pm

"I think my cousin would rather eat her own arm than come to any of these events." They chuckled some. "I wouldn't have really cared who I faced off against anyway, but Moto-san and I did well together, I think. Besides, height isn't everything."