D8 LM Baths, Soothing Aching Muscles (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Aimi

Re: D8 LM Baths, Soothing Aching Muscles (Open)

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:52 pm

"I honestly do not know," Aimi scowls for a moment, the pleasant reverie disrupted, "I did good work, helped a lot of people, of that I have no doubt... but there are many who do such things all across the Empire with each rising of the sun, yet only I received an invitation to this miai."

She shrugs, the hot water rippling with the motion. "I can only assume that it was a matter of omens and insight - the Nakodo of the Deer are renowned for their status as shugenja and their gift for seeing how the most unlikely of relationships can blossom from even chance encounters. It sounds rather more romantic when one isn't caught up in the middle of their games, I suppose."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:54 pm

"Pei-Pei's a shugenja? I don't know if that explains a lot of things or make them even stranger.

I suppose they've drawn the astrological charts of every participant, and that they will play a role in with whom we're paired with in the end.

Or not. Honestly, the Deer not explaining anything about everything is starting to grind out my patience."

Mitsuki calmed down:

"Have you tried asking Seppun Unsei, Kaikoga Koi or any of the other seers in town about what so special in your destiny? They may be able to find something you yourself missed."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:00 pm

Moto Mitsuki wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 8:54 pm
"Have you tried asking Seppun Unsei, Kaikoga Koi or any of the other seers in town about what so special in your destiny? They may be able to find something you yourself missed."
"They might well, but I suspect in the doing they'd learn rather a lot about me," Aimi shakes her head, "And that, I think, isn't something I want to do. I shall take the mystery over having strangers pry into my past and future."

Smiling, she rolls her shoulders and makes to rise. "In any case, if I stay much longer in the water I am likely to wither up like an old crone. A pleasure to meet you, Moto-sama, and I wish you best fortune in the days to come."

(/end unless Mitsuki has more to say? I'm trying to make a habit of definitively tying off my old scenes)
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.