(D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Aimi

Re: [D8, EM] Reforging Bonds [Expecting]

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:14 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:33 pm
"I'm betting it's coordinated ikebana from the back of a galloping horse."
"Ah, of course," Aimi says seriously, one hand touching her chin as though to contemplatively stroke a beard, "To, hmm... ah! Life can be hard and disruptive, full of trials and distractions, much like riding a galloping horse. And yet marriage depends on being able to read the subtle signs of your partner, to understand what they feel without a word being spoken, much as in the language of flowers. Thus, ikebana on a galloping horse is the perfect metaphor for a successful marriage!"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:14 pm
"Ah, of course," Aimi says seriously, one hand touching her chin as though to contemplatively stroke a beard, "To, hmm... ah! Life can be hard and disruptive, full of trials and distractions, much like riding a galloping horse. And yet marriage depends on being able to read the subtle signs of your partner, to understand what they feel without a word being spoken, much as in the language of flowers. Thus, ikebana on a galloping horse is the perfect metaphor for a successful marriage!"
"And a lot more fun to watch than it is to do..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Re: (D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:57 am

Asahina Bo wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:41 am
Bo nods and smiles, "Good food is always a good idea. As for rhythm... well not sure about the miai but it apparently ain't my strong suit."
"Oh! Well, that was an interesting event yesterday, wasn't it? While there may have been challenges, I'm certain you were not the worst, Asahina-san. Probably quite decent in comparison."

Bayushi lifted out just the edge of his mask to take a bite, collecting his thoughts. "I'm just waiting for an event using investigation and mental powers of detection! One can hope, eh?"

(D8, EM) Breakfast agenda push! - Void/Sentiment TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:47 am

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:57 am
"Oh! Well, that was an interesting event yesterday, wasn't it? While there may have been challenges, I'm certain you were not the worst, Asahina-san. Probably quite decent in comparison."

Bayushi lifted out just the edge of his mask to take a bite, collecting his thoughts. "I'm just waiting for an event using investigation and mental powers of detection! One can hope, eh?"

(D8, EM) Breakfast agenda push! - Void/Sentiment TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 0
Image Image Image
He rubs his chin, "I reckon not though most of that is havin' a good partner. Usogawa-san did a great job. She carried most of tha weight."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:26 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:20 pm
Aimi wrote:
"And a lot more fun to watch than it is to do..."
"I have to think that the silliness of these tests has to be finished. The Shika were once Crane and this Miai couldn't be father from Crane tradition but eventually they are going to have to start with the interviews. They have to give us a chance to speak for ourselves, not just judge us on how well we juggle."
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:35 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tag
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:26 pm
"I have to think that the silliness of these tests has to be finished. The Shika were once Crane and this Miai couldn't be father from Crane tradition but eventually they are going to have to start with the interviews. They have to give us a chance to speak for ourselves, not just judge us on how well we juggle."
"Asahina-san is what you might call an optimist, Aimi-san..."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:39 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:35 pm
Aimi wrote:
Tag

"Asahina-san is what you might call an optimist, Aimi-san..."
"HA! Far from it, I'm just in a better mood today. I'm sure the Shika will find a way to change that."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:04 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:26 pm
"One would certainly hope so," Aimi says with a sigh, shooting Raizo a wry smile at his comment, "Though on that note, Asahina-sama... I understand you are a smith of notable skill? I might, in that case, request a commission."

She shuffles for a moment, looking briefly uncomfortable. "Should the Shika grant us leave to speak for ourselves, or the need arise in future, I would like to stand as a samurai should. Which requires the badge of that station... a wakizashi, specifically. My parents were... not able to provide me with one."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm

Oh, GOOD choice. And now I think I know what that drinking contest money is for...
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:14 pm

Soyokaze went white then looking back and forth between the to turned red. "This is unacceptable, entirely unacceptable." He set down his personal cup with such force that it cracked slightly. "I will do this for you Aimi-san and I am happy to do so, thank you for granting me this privilege. You have no doubt lived a difficult life but to do so without something so important to a samurai...you must be an incredibly strong woman. My schedule is clear, I will work on nothing else until I see this done and right the terrible wrong. Our society is not perfect but this failure is on every single one of us and I will see it righted; not as a gift but as restitution." His meager bluster spent he sat back and looked at his cracked cup.
Description