(D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D8, EM] Reforging Bonds [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:13 am

Soyokaze offered a wry smile. "Thank you. I should also say that I have taken at least some of your advice, and Murato-san's. I talked to Bai-chan about both my war concerns and i told her about the incident at the bar. She was...disappointed but at the same time she's becoming more intimate with me and she certainly knows how I fell about her. I guess I was the last one to figure out how I was feeling about her. I haven't exactly said the words yet, I almost did yesterday in the gardens but after having just told her about the Murato stuff I thought it might have been a bit to much. Have you said it to your friend, the three words?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:52 am

"Well. I like to think we're clear on it. And I try not to put her in compromising situations... but not as such. Not in words."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 pm

"So how are your other endeavors here going? I know well what you want to happen and I pray that it happens for you daily, but the nature of this event is full of uncertainty. Have you found anyone else you could be happy with? I ask because that is what I find myself having to do now and i am far behind the curve. I've only just come to understand what I want and instead of having the time to enjoy this feeling I must pursue others and I wonder how that is working for you." If it wasn't clear before the look in Soyokaze's eyes and mannerisms showed that he viewed the Shiba not just as a friend but akin to a big brother, one he greatly respected.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:13 pm

Almost as though summoned by the conversation, Aimi appears in the common room, once more clad in her normal hard-wearing travel clothes - after all, there is a contest in the dojo today, and she would hate to mess up any of her finer things (she's still getting used to having finer things).

Spotting Raizo, she begins making her way over... and then on seeing that he isn't alone, she hesitates for a moment.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:52 pm

Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 pm
"So how are your other endeavors here going? <snip>
Raizo gave a species of shrug.

"I don't know that they are. Going, I mean. I've seen zero evidence of actual interest from any other quarter, and I'm not exactly adept at putting my best foot forward. I had a brief chat with Kakita Reina-san, but it wasn't..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"Nothing there that I picked up on, you know? I think she found me funny more than anything. And anyway..."
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:13 pm
A wild Aimi appears!
Spotting Raizo, she begins making her way over... and then on seeing that he isn't alone, she hesitates for a moment.
".... it's kind of hard for me to focus elsewhere."

Raizo waved her over with a smile.
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 11:06 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:52 pm
"I understand completely." Soyokaze rose and bowed respectfully as the new arrival approached.
Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Re: (D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:49 am

Asahina Bo wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:59 pm
"Oh, um, yeah Neko-san lets me use the kitchen." He smiles at the thought, "Oh.. uh.. I'm Bo... I mean I'm Asahina Bo. Nice to meetya."

Doji-sensei had always said not to trust anyone wearing a mask. Daidoji-sensei, exasperated, eventually told him that mempo aren't the same as masks. Now though he was often left confused as to what the difference between a mask and a mempo exactly was sometimes.
"Bayushi Mitsu," the Scorpion introduced. "Well...let's eat! A good breakfast sets the rhythm for the whole day, don't you think?" Bayushi began pulling different bits into his bowl, starting with the eggs that Bo had brought. "And this miai could certainly use some rhythm setting."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Asahina Bo

Re: (D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Post by Asahina Bo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 2:41 am

Bo nods and smiles, "Good food is always a good idea. As for rhythm... well not sure about the miai but it apparently ain't my strong suit."
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:28 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 10:52 pm
Asahina Soyokaze wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:37 pm
"So how are your other endeavors here going? <snip>
Raizo gave a species of shrug.

"I don't know that they are. Going, I mean. I've seen zero evidence of actual interest from any other quarter, and I'm not exactly adept at putting my best foot forward. I had a brief chat with Kakita Reina-san, but it wasn't..."

He made a seesaw motion with his hand.

"Nothing there that I picked up on, you know? I think she found me funny more than anything. And anyway..."
Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 23, 2021 8:13 pm
A wild Aimi appears!

Raizo waved her over with a smile.
"Morning, Raizo-san, Asahina-sama," Aimi says as she joins them at the table, just about stifling a yawn, "Are both of you ready for a fun day of whatever it is that the Shika think makes for a harmonious marriage this time?"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 12:28 pm
"Morning, Raizo-san, Asahina-sama," Aimi says as she joins them at the table, just about stifling a yawn, "Are both of you ready for a fun day of whatever it is that the Shika think makes for a harmonious marriage this time?"
"I'm betting it's coordinated ikebana from the back of a galloping horse."
Remember to Breathe