(D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Bayushi Mitsu

(D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:07 pm

Bayushi Mitsu stared at the table and nodded in satisfaction. He had declared loudly that the rain was back, and with it fortune, and the inn's staff had ought to bring out one plate of everything for breakfast. And they had really outdone themselves.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Asahina Bo

Re: (D8, EM, Common Room) A Bounteous Breakfast (Open)

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:14 pm

The servants had not been alone in the kitchen but, after over a week now, they were used to working around and with the giant Crane despite the space that Bo occupied.

Shortly after the other delivery the Asahina also emerges with a tray of onsen tamago. Noticing the Scorpion and his large spread of food the Crane tries to awkwardly bow without spilling anything.

"Oh... um... hi. I was gonna see if anyone wanted some eggs but I guess you got all you need already?"

(D8, EM: Breakfast - Water/Labor | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 3
Image Image Image Image

3 Strife gained, passion clears 3 Strife for net zero. Opportunity used towards quality)
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:06 pm

Asahina Bo wrote:
Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:14 pm
"Oh... um... hi. I was gonna see if anyone wanted some eggs but I guess you got all you need already?"
Bayushi looked up, his mask hiding any expression, though his tone was pleasant. "Asahina-san! That looks wonderful - please," the Scorpion insisted, somehow rearranging the dishes on the table to provide just enough room. "Why don't you join me? Did you make this yourself?"
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Asahina Soyokaze

[D8, EM] Reforging Bonds [Expecting]

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Sun Aug 22, 2021 7:08 pm

Soyokaze sat in the Inn's common area patiently waiting for Shiba Raizo to leave for the day while wolfing down a bowl of rice and eggs rather unceremoniously.
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Asahina Bo

Post by Asahina Bo » Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:59 pm

Bo carefully adds the plate to the table before even more carefully folding himself down to sit.

"Oh, um, yeah Neko-san lets me use the kitchen." He smiles at the thought, "Oh.. uh.. I'm Bo... I mean I'm Asahina Bo. Nice to meetya."

Doji-sensei had always said not to trust anyone wearing a mask. Daidoji-sensei, exasperated, eventually told him that mempo aren't the same as masks. Now though he was often left confused as to what the difference between a mask and a mempo exactly was sometimes.
Crane Clan Bushi • Guardian Gourmand • Gentle Giant • Overly Honest • Unintentionally Uncouth
Glory: 39 • Honor: 67 • Status: 35 • Courtship: 34

Always carried: Daisho, ceremonial clothes, rare spices, a peony pendant
Expecting trouble: As above plus lacquered armor, yari

Shiba Raizo

Re: [D8, EM] Reforging Bonds [Expecting]

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:47 am

And true to form, Raizo turned up, walking into the common room with air of a man who has awakened from sweet dreams but expects to have a day which doesn't wholly disappoint by comparison.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:11 am

Soyokaze approached the glowing Phoenix. "Good morning Raizo-san, I hope this day finds you well and that Inari-no-kami blesses you. I was wondering if I could take a few moments of your time?" He gestured to the table he had been sitting at off in a corner.
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 2:53 am

Raizo's eyebrows went up, bit he smiled and nodded.

"I think I can spare time for a friend, Soyokaze-san. Lead on."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Mon Aug 23, 2021 5:38 am

Soyokaze led them to a table in the corner of the common room and bade his friend to sit as he did so. "I want to apologize for my actions and demeanor the the past few days. First I made a fool of myself at the bar and then I made it worse at the tea house, not even having the excuse of sake then. I have been a bad samurai and a bad friend and you have had been forced into the middle of all of it. I a truly sorry for all of that." He bowed low to the Phoenix.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:04 am

Raizo sighed and signaled for breakfast.

"Horseshit. You've been plenty of things, but a bad friend and bad samurai aren't anywhere on the list. You're jusst under pressure you're not used to. But if you wish your apology to be accepted, consider it done."
Remember to Breathe