[D7 ME, Unsei's room(closed)] Help me, Moshu-sensei!

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Moshumaru

[D7 ME, Unsei's room(closed)] Help me, Moshu-sensei!

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:41 am

This time, Moshumaru was here on a more formal basis.

He had prepared the basics for tuition which, admittedly, was something he'd only done once, and not for very long. With him he bought a collection of story briefs (which he'd use for a later occasion), some basic book of haikus, an old pillowbook whose protagonist was a poet, ink, brushes and a folded stool.

...Might have been a bit too much?

"Seppun-sama, this one Kitsu Moshumaru wishes to present himself. It is with regard to the information on poetry you requested earlier?"

He hoped that was inconspicuous enough.

It wasn't, probably.
Lion Clan - HGS: 51/41/35 - Kitsu Red Hair, Missing fingers
"Mark my words, your descendants will remember you."
Gift giving ritual: Feel free to skip due to timezones
Ideal Lewdness level: Ftb, raunchy/lewd is fine
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Re: [D7 ME, Unsei's room(closed)] Help me, Moshu-sensei!

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm

It wasn't as fun to actually have to learn haikus than doing.... other things. Still, Unsei took no time in opening the door with a wide smile. "Hello, Kitsu-san." They bowed, mostly to prevent themself from just pulling him inside the room like they were some sort of depraved monster and the Kitsu was their prey.

"Please, do come in. I've gotten a bit of light food. Nothing greasy to harm the pages." And they were right. On the table was steamed veggies and a few sweets. One of which was a wagashi that looked like a perfect sakura blossom, likely intended for him.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness
Glory: Reputable Status: Average Imperial Honor: Average Profile!
Carries: Fan, smol knife, wakizashi, finger of jade, divination kit!

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:39 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 12:55 pm
"Please, do come in. I've gotten a bit of light food. Nothing greasy to harm the pages." And they were right. On the table was steamed veggies and a few sweets. One of which was a wagashi that looked like a perfect sakura blossom, likely intended for him.
The Kitsu returned the bow nodded, ever the professional. That was not to say he didn't make note of her choice of decorations, but he had a role to play.

"Thank you, Seppun-sama. Feel free to eat when you like - it is important to maintaining concentration."

He entered the room an set up his supplies. Coughing and slipping into a sensei's voice, he began.

"If I may, Seppun-sama, let us begin with the basics: What is a Haiku, and how is it made?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:54 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:39 pm
The Kitsu returned the bow nodded, ever the professional. That was not to say he didn't make note of her choice of decorations, but he had a role to play.

"Thank you, Seppun-sama. Feel free to eat when you like - it is important to maintaining concentration."

He entered the room an set up his supplies. Coughing and slipping into a sensei's voice, he began.

"If I may, Seppun-sama, let us begin with the basics: What is a Haiku, and how is it made?"
This was not what Unsei was expecting in the slightest. This sounded like work. Work was boring. As such, they groaned and slumped down at the table.

"Didn't think this was going to be like an actual formal teaching lesson." They whined like the gremlin they were.

"Hai Sensei," They droned. "Haiku is a poem about nature. It's made with a 5-7-5 syllabic system. It's usually made about nature or beauty, short to keep it simple to catch the essence of simple, plain beauty that is nature." Unsei knew what it was. Every samurai did. They just couldn't write them well.
Imperial ❀ Shugenja ❀ Professional Dumbass ❀ Benten's Curse ❀ Sixth Sense ❀ Affect of Harmlessness

Wears: Unsei often is seen wearing star-covered robes in shades of black, dark blues, and gold. In the center of their forehead is a small birthmark in the shape of a diamond/star, and they always wear a hat with a short veil and tassels on it. Their hair is kept in a long ponytail that reaches down to their ankles.

"You might've heard of me. I was the Imperial that broke their toe falling out of a tree at Shiro Kuni."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:54 pm
This was not what Unsei was expecting in the slightest. This sounded like work. Work was boring. As such, they groaned and slumped down at the table.

"Didn't think this was going to be like an actual formal teaching lesson." They whined like the gremlin they were.
cute..

Matter-of-factly, he retorted.

"I did inform you that I was willing to serve the Imperial house in whatever manner was required of me."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:54 pm
"Hai Sensei," They droned. "Haiku is a poem about nature. It's made with a 5-7-5 syllabic system. It's usually made about nature or beauty, short to keep it simple to catch the essence of simple, plain beauty that is nature." Unsei knew what it was. Every samurai did. They just couldn't write them well.
"Good. That is the baseline. However, I'd like you to compare two poems by what I have been told is your favorite poet, Kitsu Moshumaru." It was hard to hold back a shit-eating grin as he slid the two papers forward, but he did.

To the left, the haiku read:

The harshest winters
Can appear as bright summers
From Winter Court Rooms.

the right haiku read:

From atop mountains,
See you can do anything-
Until you step down.

"Start by telling me any individual feelings or ideas you feel when you read these two, then point out any words that stand out to you. Try to reach an answer to: Why do you like or dislike these two haikus?"
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:49 pm

Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm
"I did inform you that I was willing to serve the Imperial house in whatever manner was required of me."
"Yeah, but... I wasn't expecting actual teacher like I was back at home. I was hoping more... less boring." They grumbled as they laid their head down on the table, head tilted to look towards him though as they pouted.
Kitsu Moshumaru wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:14 pm
To the left, the haiku read:

The harshest winters
Can appear as bright summers
From Winter Court Rooms.

the right haiku read:

From atop mountains,
See you can do anything-
Until you step down.

"Start by telling me any individual feelings or ideas you feel when you read these two, then point out any words that stand out to you. Try to reach an answer to: Why do you like or dislike these two haikus?"
"You smug little shit." Unsei teased, a smile plainly seen across their lips as they lifted their head back up to look over the poems. "You're lucky I like you. Or... technically unlucky given my curse, but still."

Then they began to read over them. "First one is about the affairs during winter court, how the heat of companions keeps one nice and toasty. The second is about overconfidence. Being at the top makes you think you can do anything, but in reality, you're just as small as everyone else."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:21 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:49 pm
"You smug little shit." Unsei teased, a smile plainly seen across their lips as they lifted their head back up to look over the poems. "You're lucky I like you. Or... technically unlucky given my curse, but still."
Ahh, he can't help himself.

"No, lucky would be the word - Benten wouldn't know adorable if it found one of its chosen and birthed eight children with them."

Alright so, might have dropped the Sensei act more than necessary. But hey, he had beef with Benten's devout well before this.
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:49 pm
Then they began to read over them. "First one is about the affairs during winter court, how the heat of companions keeps one nice and toasty. The second is about overconfidence. Being at the top makes you think you can do anything, but in reality, you're just as small as everyone else."
"That's the trick to good haikus - it's not just the beauty of nature. It's the beauty of the human condition through nature. You seem like the kind of student more interested in practical examples, so perhaps we can try making one together."

He produced a fresh peach.

"I want you to bite into this and tell me how it feels. What words or sensations come to your head."

Little did she know, once she had swallowed the first bite he planned to move in for a kiss.
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:28 pm

"Ah, I'd be careful with saying that if I were you, uncursed and all. The wrath of the Fortunes are mighty things and one would be careful not to incur them." They said in response to his words on the Lady.

Then they took the peach with a coy smirk. "Would it not be better to marvel in its beauty? Enjoying its soft, fuzzy appearance without any such terrible marks in its flesh."

"Unmarred perfection
Forever mouthwatering
A delightful sight"

It was a quick and shoddy haiku, one offered up on the spot as they held the peach aloft in the air above the table. "At least before it rots away, that is. Terrible thing and all, but common. We could always plant it though and create something longer lasting. Or... could share it together and not worry about it's beauty. Unless you meant specifically the taste? That might be what you were aiming for."

Kitsu Moshumaru

Post by Kitsu Moshumaru » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:28 pm
"Unmarred perfection
Forever mouthwatering
A delightful sight"
Ahhhh, I can't take it much longer!

The Moshu nods.

"Honestly, all you need to do is work back in some nature to the poem so it can be read without seeing the peach and you're good to go. Honestly the only thing you're really missing is reading and practice. Try capturing random sensations throughout the day, checking to see if they fit the haiku criteria and you'll be a poet in no time."
Seppun Unsei wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:28 pm
It was a quick and shoddy haiku, one offered up on the spot as they held the peach aloft in the air above the table. "At least before it rots away, that is. Terrible thing and all, but common. We could always plant it though and create something longer lasting. Or... could share it together and not worry about it's beauty. Unless you meant specifically the taste? That might be what you were aiming for."
He dipped over the small table, sweeping aside the poems in a small, subtle motion and planted his lips upon the gremlin's, fully indulging himself.
"Yes, the taste was always what I was aiming for. As usual, you taste fantastic. If I may borrow a haiku:

Unmarred perfection
Forever mouthwatering
A delightful sight
- fitting, no?"

He returned to his side of the table with a chuckle.

"Alright, I think I've teased you enough. C'mere, you - I have an invite to your winter court and I intend to stay until well into the spring."

(Ftb?)
PM if thread desired

Seppun Unsei

Post by Seppun Unsei » Thu Aug 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Though it is exactly what they wanted, far be it from Unsei to not be the annoying little crap they are. So after the kiss, that they very much enjoyed and clearly savored, they arched a brow.

"But Moshu-sensei, what happened to learning about haiku and being so proper and professional?" For a few moments, they held that in the air, but then wasted absolutely no time in joining him for winter court.

(Ftb xD Unsei's still got a present they need to give him one of these days though)