[D6, LA] Is This the Good Part? (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D6, LA] Is This the Good Part? (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:34 pm

Hikimasu sat at the inn again, he liked rain, but reading in it would ruin the book. So he took up space on a cushion in the common room, ordered some tea and began dutifully grinding through the pages, absorbing what the author wanted him to understand, and what was inferred.

It was such a shame, the story could be so much better, yet the writing held it all up. He wondered if Mukami was a Lion, they have such distinct stories usually, but their true merit is in the conciseness of the kanji flow, making the story more readable than it should be. He thought about that a little more and decided it wasn't entirely true. He liked the characters as well.

Sipping tea he wondered if the poor girl who was turned down by the protagonist would find her strength, or if she would seek revenge after all.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Asahina Soyokaze

Re: [D6, LA] Is This the Good Part? (Open)

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:21 pm

Finally

Asahina Soyokaze shook the rain off his umbrella and the end of his hair before entering the Inn with a bow and offering his host a few scratches behind his ears. "Good afternoon Renjiro-san, wish me luck." Hesitantly he walked over to the stand before the Scorpion and bowed. "Forgive my intrusion Shosuro Hikimasu-sama may I have a word with you, it's about your commission?"
Crane Clan | Artisan | Courtier | Weaponsmith | Meek | Paragon of Compassion
Honor: 67 | Glory: 41 | Status: 38
Courtship points: 12
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.
Often followed by an attendant.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:29 pm

Ah, this one.

He flipped a page in his book and offered a cushion next to him. "Join me then, Asahina-san."

There was tea and a cup that went with the set, his own cup with dancing foxes on it was on the table before him. Without looking up from the book he poured the Crane some tea.

"Problems? I was thinking about seeing you today about it as well."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:26 pm

Soyokaze took the offered seat and placed a small bundle in front of him and opened it. Inside were a number of small metal spoked wheels made for a variety of metals and all showing varying degrees of imperfection. "Shosuro Hikimasu-sama, I am deeply embarrassed to say that I do not think I will be able to fulfill your wishes." He looked like a vassal admitting failure to his lord, all that was missing was the three cuts. "I have over-promised and wasted your time and trust. While i have theoretical understand of how to make your request it has become clear to me that whatever process the Kaiu use in their construction must be very specific. I have tired every method I can think of but I have been unable to cast anything properly. Some are too delicate, others ill defined but all are faulty."
Description
Carries: Clothing, Wakazashi, Fan, Whitwe Gloves. D10+:Netsuke of Ebisu D13+:Delicately carved wooden bracelet with a small Crane token.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:38 pm

He looked thoughtful for a while after hearing the apology.

"I accept your apology, and forgive any wrongful assumptions you may have made", he said. "Please allow me to make it up to you by giving you another chance."

He bowed in return.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:44 pm

"I do not know that I am worthy of a second chance but I am eager to erase my failure, how can I fix this?"
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:11 pm

He gave it at least 2 game days worth of thought, all crammed into that short moment.

"How about...a metal fan?" he asked. "Making it light as possible, of course, but sturdy enough the wind won't make it bend out of shape. Something elegant, delicate, but can be used to perform in something like the misturi festival."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:21 pm

"A metal fan is most doable but there are many details that could aid me. What type of metal you desire is foremost, steel is strongest but many softer metals are more beautiful. Do you wish it to have silk between the ribs or should it be fully metal, a tessen in sheep's clothing. What type of art do you wish displayed when it is opened and should it be the same on both sides and should there be any jewels or other adornments on it. Any guidance you can give will both make my job easier and make it more personal and meaningful. The gift knows who created it and it is not the crafter who makes it."
Description

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:27 pm

"Steel works, if it can be forged with together with the bronze or brass we discussed earlier, to give it some color. A single jewel that would match aesthetically with that should do, I don't know much aside their shine. The ribbing should be bare for silk and paper covering, that way it can fit many purposes. On the furthest ribs, engrave an otter on each end, so that when you close the fan, they embrace."

Holy shit that's going to be cute.

"If you can have it done with a silk covering ready, the traditional markings for use in the fan festival would work well."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Asahina Soyokaze

Post by Asahina Soyokaze » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:38 pm

"What about this your mon? Before you wanted it incorporated and subtly at that, should I try to work that in still?"
Description