[D6, EM, stables, expecting] The still of the morning

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D6, EM, stables, expecting] The still of the morning

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:25 pm

She smirks and whispers to herself for a moment. " Well then , which horse is yours , so that I might ask it ?"
"I'm not here because I have a horse. It's a nice space for a little training, and I do think the horses are good company. They have much more reasonable expectations for behavior than most humans. And they are good logicians, which I appreciate."
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:36 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:25 pm

She smirks and whispers to herself for a moment. " Well then , which horse is yours , so that I might ask it ?"
"I'm not here because I have a horse. It's a nice space for a little training, and I do think the horses are good company. They have much more reasonable expectations for behavior than most humans. And they are good logicians, which I appreciate."
She looks a bit schocked, at him not having a horse. " so you did... walk.. here?"
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:45 pm

The Lion looks at her without emotion.

"Of course. Though it's much closer to Lion lands than Kyuden Hida. That's a long walk."

He senses that she's distressed at so many miles being put on human feet. "One could note that when the kami came to ningen-do, even Lady Shinjo had no horse." He pauses for effect, then says, "But I am no theology student. Did you think horses are good judges of character, Utaku-sama?" He asks, eyes bright with curiosity.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:48 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:45 pm
The Lion looks at her without emotion.

"Of course. Though it's much closer to Lion lands than Kyuden Hida. That's a long walk."

He senses that she's distressed at so many miles being put on human feet. "One could note that when the kami came to ningen-do, even Lady Shinjo had no horse." He pauses for effect, then says, "But I am no theology student. Did you think horses are good judges of character, Utaku-sama?" He asks, eyes bright with curiosity.
She is clearly still railing a bit from that revelation.
"Well, some of them are, many of them are not. But what you can judge, is how a samurai interacts with a horse to judge their character. Just as how you can see how a mistreated peseant shows you something about the lord of a castle."
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:48 pm
"Well, some of them are, many of them are not. But what you can judge, is how a samurai interacts with a horse to judge their character. Just as how you can see how a mistreated peseant shows you something about the lord of a castle."
The Lion nods in strong agreement, a hint of a smile even passing over his features.

"Well said, Utaku-sama. There is a reason that compassion is one of the great virtues, and in the clear mind of a horse or peasant is more truth than some samurai let themselves see." Feeling a bit "preachy" when he makes comments like that, Ishioka moves the conversation along.

"Ah, how goes the miai for Utaku-sama? You have performed well in all of the challenges so far," the Matsu says, only a hint of jealousy in his voice.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:54 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:26 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:48 pm
The Lion nods in strong agreement, a hint of a smile even passing over his features.

"Well said, Utaku-sama. There is a reason that compassion is one of the great virtues, and in the clear mind of a horse or peasant is more truth than some samurai let themselves see." Feeling a bit "preachy" when he makes comments like that, Ishioka moves the conversation along.

"Ah, how goes the miai for Utaku-sama? You have performed well in all of the challenges so far," the Matsu says, only a hint of jealousy in his voice.
She looks a bit awkward "While I have performed well so far, I confess that I did not yet found someone that I would wish to spend the reminder of my life with and so while I soar, I soar without guidance . Unlike many others around us who did find such guidance yet." she says as she goes back to brushing her horse, while her raven pecks at her geta.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:12 pm

There's a little tug at the heart of the Stone Matsu, and his carefully neutral face slips.

"That's a shame, Utaku-sama," Ishioka says kindly, voice warm. "It is still early in the miai though. I think plenty of hearts are unclaimed... certainly they are uncertain," he says, letting a little of his own feelings show. "Is, um... What sort of match is your heart hoping for?" It's a more personal question than is really appropriate for him to ask, given how little they've spoken, but things getting personal seems to be the natural way of this miai.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:18 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:12 pm
There's a little tug at the heart of the Stone Matsu, and his carefully neutral face slips.

"That's a shame, Utaku-sama," Ishioka says kindly, voice warm. "It is still early in the miai though. I think plenty of hearts are unclaimed... certainly they are uncertain," he says, letting a little of his own feelings show. "Is, um... What sort of match is your heart hoping for?" It's a more personal question than is really appropriate for him to ask, given how little they've spoken, but things getting personal seems to be the natural way of this miai.
"I am seeing two ways, one in which I am drawn away and , find unity and harmony, and one where there is an , understanding where we both know our desires and find harmony in how we fullfill them . " she says clearly mulling over her words there not sure of a good answer.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 pm

Ishioka, not entirely understanding the different paths and being too polite to ask, observes, "if you see more than one path to harmony in your life, might I say that Utaku-sama is in a positive position? I confess, I have directions that my heart leads but that I worry may not lead to much harmony."

The Lion pulls back from any more disclosure about his own situation for now, but Kheree can see he's still comfortable talking to her. "I am no nakodo, of course, but as a man in a family that prioritizes daughters... heavily prioritizes," he says with just a touch of bitterness. "I have some experience with... people who feel like they don't fit in," he says, his volume lowering to suggest he knows that's a sensitive subject.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:07 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 8:27 pm
Ishioka, not entirely understanding the different paths and being too polite to ask, observes, "if you see more than one path to harmony in your life, might I say that Utaku-sama is in a positive position? I confess, I have directions that my heart leads but that I worry may not lead to much harmony."

The Lion pulls back from any more disclosure about his own situation for now, but Kheree can see he's still comfortable talking to her. "I am no nakodo, of course, but as a man in a family that prioritizes daughters... heavily prioritizes," he says with just a touch of bitterness. "I have some experience with... people who feel like they don't fit in," he says, his volume lowering to suggest he knows that's a sensitive subject.
She nods after a moment . " The path that I have chosen is usually .. a lesser path meant for men so this was not unknown to me. Even if this is not what troubles my heart here, as I ... might not have been a woman of calmness in bygone years , more of a pillow book protagonist ."

She sighs " A serial one, not mixing it up of course. I am a woman of honor after all but ..."