[D6, EM, stables, expecting] The still of the morning

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

[D6, EM, stables, expecting] The still of the morning

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:12 pm

Matsu Ishioka had awoken early, as usual, and immediately taken on a sour mood as the rain continued again today. He was missing morning runs, among other outdoor pursuits. Supposedly legendary forest he'd not seen yet due to the weather.

But the stables, with enough open space that he could stretch and at least run some wind sprints - without having to negotiate the rain like he would if he went to the dojo - this seemed like an idea that might work. So, passing through the covered access to the stables from the rest of the inn, the lightly dressed Lion entered the tidy out building. There was a certain serenity in the order to the place and the assortment of horses who were starting to awaken further as Ishioka started to make a bit of noise, getting his heart rate up without doing anything terribly interesting.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Re: [D6, EM, stables, expecting] The still of the morning

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:49 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:12 pm
Matsu Ishioka had awoken early, as usual, and immediately taken on a sour mood as the rain continued again today. He was missing morning runs, among other outdoor pursuits. Supposedly legendary forest he'd not seen yet due to the weather.

But the stables, with enough open space that he could stretch and at least run some wind sprints - without having to negotiate the rain like he would if he went to the dojo - this seemed like an idea that might work. So, passing through the covered access to the stables from the rest of the inn, the lightly dressed Lion entered the tidy out building. There was a certain serenity in the order to the place and the assortment of horses who were starting to awaken further as Ishioka started to make a bit of noise, getting his heart rate up without doing anything terribly interesting.
There was a clear exhausted noise that he could hear from the doorway a few minutes after he had entered, coupled with a agressive yawning before a certain Utaku came into view, looking like she had a frazling night , and not yet dressed up for court "mrgn" she said to one of the horses, it seems having missed him for a moment.
Cat Unicorn • Female • Bushi-Sage • Dangerous Alure,Haunted Flirt,
Honor: 56 • Glory: 57 • Status: 30 • Courtship Points: 23
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:54 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:49 pm

There was a clear exhausted noise that he could hear from the doorway a few minutes after he had entered, coupled with a agressive yawning before a certain Utaku came into view, looking like she had a frazling night , and not yet dressed up for court "mrgn" she said to one of the horses, it seems having missed him for a moment.
"Utaku-sama," he says questioningly, not even entirely sure that it's her in this condition. He's not one to stand on ceremony, especially when he himself is dressed so casually and standing in a stable, but he doesn't even bow as there seems some possibility that the woman is just sleep walking and wouldn't notice it anyway.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:52 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:54 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:49 pm

"Utaku-sama," he says questioningly, not even entirely sure that it's her in this condition. He's not one to stand on ceremony, especially when he himself is dressed so casually and standing in a stable, but he doesn't even bow as there seems some possibility that the woman is just sleep walking and wouldn't notice it anyway.
"Mrng'g Matsu-sama" she says as she mechanicaly get some feed out and lifts it to her horse before she takes a moment to look at him. "early horse care?" she asks more awake now
Carries: Raven,Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Scimitar inlaid with a red jewel in the hilt.

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:24 am

The Stone Matsu looks curiously at the Utaku, not sure she'd actually seen who it is since he hadn't been in the stables yet. But for the sake of courtesy he simply answers the question.

"Actually not, Utaku-sama," the tall man says kindly. "Trying a different location for morning exercise, as the rain continues to, ah, limit options."
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:49 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:24 am
The Stone Matsu looks curiously at the Utaku, not sure she'd actually seen who it is since he hadn't been in the stables yet. But for the sake of courtesy he simply answers the question.

"Actually not, Utaku-sama," the tall man says kindly. "Trying a different location for morning exercise, as the rain continues to, ah, limit options."
"Rain is nice, it wakes one up. And its warm and pleaseant." she mutters as she starts to brush her horse. " what exercise?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 pm

The tall Lion rolls his shoulders gently.

"Mostly calisthenics and stretching. I tried some wind sprints, which worked pretty well. The horses are very encouraging training partners," Ishioka says as the horses look on with expressions of 'Hey, we're not with him.'
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:38 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:50 pm
The tall Lion rolls his shoulders gently.

"Mostly calisthenics and stretching. I tried some wind sprints, which worked pretty well. The horses are very encouraging training partners," Ishioka says as the horses look on with expressions of 'Hey, we're not with him.'
"Do not tempt me to ask them." she says with a smirk " I am a Utaku, I can talk to them after all."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:19 pm

Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:38 pm

"Do not tempt me to ask them." she says with a smirk " I am a Utaku, I can talk to them after all."
The Stone Matsu, deep believer in logic and skeptical of the tales he's heard about horse-whispering Unicorns, can't let that challenge go.

"Of course, Utaku-sama," he says with a straight face but clear sarcasm. "I'm sure they are very talkative."
Description

Utaku Kheree

Post by Utaku Kheree » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:25 pm

Matsu Ishioka wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:19 pm
Utaku Kheree wrote:
Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:38 pm

The Stone Matsu, deep believer in logic and skeptical of the tales he's heard about horse-whispering Unicorns, can't let that challenge go.

"Of course, Utaku-sama," he says with a straight face but clear sarcasm. "I'm sure they are very talkative."
D6 EM natures touch | TN: 1 | Success: 1 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 2
Image Image

She smirks and whispers to herself for a moment. " Well then , which horse is yours , so that I might ask it ?"