[D6, ME: Stables] Yes, I Know, You're Lonely (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, ME: Stables] Yes, I Know, You're Lonely (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:35 pm

"Well...", he cleared his throat. "That's happened many times and I have no excuse."

But it's not my fault.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:16 pm

"Well, that's indeed not reassuring at all about the average fairness of your deals...

Luckily for us, it's the Deer that will be arranging the deals here, not you.

And hopefully, the very fact they've organized more than one miai should indicate their deals were on average fair enough for the previous participants."
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:28 pm

"I see...maybe not", he said after a bit of thought. "Most of my negative interactions are unknown to me. I say something, or do something...maybe i'm not aware of it. I'd say this miai has been good for the reason that I don't need to make the deal or risk saying something stupid...but that's actually not the case. I haven't had a single interview with the nakodo there, it's just been me meeting people the way I ususally do, without any set up. I wonder what the Shika are thinking."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 12:33 pm

"If you find out, please do inform me. We're halfway in, and I still haven't partaken in anything that seemed miai-like either.

At this point, I'm starting to wonder if there isn't some kind of issue and they aren't simply trying to buy time until it's solved."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:00 pm

"I think there is an issue", the suspicious Scorpion spoke with suspicion. "Near a whole week of rain in summer and spirits of sakkaku on the prowl", he shrugged. "I wonder if they know what's really happening."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:06 pm

"Dunno. The rain is apparently a normal occurrence in this region at this time of the year, and seems quite on brand for spirits to manifest themselves in the middle of a mysterious forest. Aokami is no Shinomen, but there are similarities.

Though the ones from Sakkaku aren't the most pleasant ones. Who had to endure a not so pleasant prank?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:10 pm

"The Moth, Kaikoga Koi-san, and Shika Nesshin-san", he said. "The spirits had been playing about as Kaikoga-san and Kitsu Murato-san, I heard, they were chased off in the end but the rumors may still persist. Then that prank with the painting."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:54 pm

"At this point, I wouldn't fully exclude this is anything but another test from the Deer, to measure the skills of the most spiritually sensible members of our cast. There are several stories about trickster spirits allying themselves with equally tricky humans for what they see as complex pranks...

Though in general they end up with the human painfully outtricked."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:02 pm

"I've heard the same in the past, stories mostly", he admitted. "Though from what you assert and your own follow up, it seems perhaps you think the Shika, if this is their doing, may not have control of matters, so be careful."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:24 pm

"Please Shosuro-sama.

I'm always careful."