[D6, ME: Stables] Yes, I Know, You're Lonely (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D6, ME: Stables] Yes, I Know, You're Lonely (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 5:49 pm

Taking a break from the play that evening, Hikimasu had his drinks but decided he would give his friend some attention.

He brushed Yūdaina's flank, petting his mane as he told him about his day.

"Archery, can you believe it? I did terrible, i can hear sensei from here. Three years out of the dojo and I think I've become worse."

He continued on. "Though some interesting things, not every Kitsu is competition for me, one of them made an honestly friendly gesture toward Usogawa-san instead of putting anything behind it." Brush, brush. "I'd say i was impressed, but that should he normal, right?" Brush brush. "I'm doing the same, or doing my best... though maybe I should be more forward with her." He shook out the brush. "Also that Seppun...and by the way, I've decided I'm right, they are a girl for certain. No, I haven't checked, but call it as a sure thing."

He sighed. "Well I spoke to them today and their reactions to well, everything, was very telling. You'd have to have been there I suppose."

Time passed and he fell quiet. A while then as he finished his work.

"We'll have to give you a run soon, my friend, even if it's only the two of us."

Yūdaina seemed pleased.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Moto Mitsuki

Re: [D6, ME: Stables] Yes, I Know, You're Lonely (Open)

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:02 pm

Back from the forest, Mitsuki led Avel to the stables. She noticed once again the other horse – not a pony, an actual horse – lodging in it. So far, she had supposed it was Kheree's, even though so far she had seen her mount about anything but them.

Tonight a Scorpion was talking to it. She didn't get the whole conversation, but it seems to be about horses would maybe not understand, surely not care about.

"Shosuro-sama? Is everything alright?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:13 pm

He turned about seeing a Moto and their steed approach. He didn't seem to get her question at first, then realized she probably noted him talking to Yūdaina.

Welp...

The Scorpion bowed. "I'm well, thank you for asking, Moto-san. Are you alright yourself?"

Maybe it's how her tribe talks?
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:56 pm

"A bit tired but nothing unusual so close to the end of a busy day."

Mitsuki jumped down her horse. Avel looked at Yūdaina with suspicion, then trotted around to his box on his own.

"Is that horse yours? That's definitely not a local breed."

She emphasized the last sentence by waving in direction of the other boxes in which ponies were resting.
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:16 pm

"My friend here is related to yours", Hikimasu explained. "Three generations ago my ancestor...", he thought of how to put it, then shrugged. "Won a bet with a particular Ide, two breeders were on the line, Yudaina-san is a descendant of that. From time to time we have Shinjo or Ide stop by and they ask about the breeding we do with them."

As he spoke, Yudana posed up straight, as if he knew he was being spoken about. A young horse, just old enough to be ridden into danger, his dark brown color and matching mane were well looked after.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:03 pm

"In the many centuries since it returned from the Burning Sands, the Unicorn has gifted or exchanged quite few horses with the other clans. Too often though, no trace of them remain a few generations later, lost to their blood being thoroughly diluted within the local herd, or on the contrary their descendants being heavily inbred.

Do you have a plan to spare Yudaina's children that unenviable fate?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:07 pm

He looked at Yidaina, who looked at him, then they both looked at Kheree's mare, then back at each other. Hikimasu laughed a little nervously.

"If i can I'd like to avoid it, obviously. Though not every decision can be the best for everyone."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:55 pm

"Not exactly an answer brimming with confidence and enthusiasm but whatever, it's your legacy, not mine. As long as you treat your horse right, how you breed or don't breed it is not of my concern.

This one is Moto Mitsuki by the way. I'll take it that you're in town, and in this very inn, for the miai too?"

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 6:34 pm

"Shosuro Hikimasu", he bowed. "This is Yudaina", he introduced his friend, who at his name lifted a leg slightly and nodded his head at Mitsuki. "And we are here for the omiai, and it has been a nice time thus far. I've seen you at the events, but little elsewhere, my humble apologies for not having introduced myself sooner." He bowed slightly again. "And..." he watched her horse a bit. "Your friend seems quite impressive as well. Only for riding or do you take your mount into battle as well?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:40 pm

"A fine Unicorn warhorse like Avel? The question would make more sense if you were asking if he judged me worthy to assist him on the battlefield.
Joke aside, I'm indeed a Moto warrior, one of the ten thousand blades of the Khan, and I do ride Avel into battle. My exact rank in the army is ᠡ‍ᠠ‍᠊ᠷᠪᠡᠡ᠋ ᠲ᠋‍ᠠ‍᠊ᠷ᠊ᠭ᠎᠎ᠠ..."

The Ujik word was a nightmare of hard "r".

"... Which should be roughly equivalent to nikutai on this side of the Spine of the World."