[D6, EE] Friendly neighborhood Matsu

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

[D6, EE] Friendly neighborhood Matsu

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:40 pm

Matsu Ishioka walked quietly down the hall to knock at the door of a certain Kitsu. Inspired by his own concern - ahem, nosiness - as well as the check-in with Kitsu Moshumaru, the Stone Matsu was ready to redouble his efforts to support Tsugumasu. If he could find the shugenja sooner rather than later, so much the better.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Re: [D6, EE] Friendly neighborhood Matsu

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:26 pm

The door was cautiously slid open.

"Ah, Matsu-san." Tsugumasa said with a bow. "How...unexpected. Please, do come in."
Lion Clan * Shugenja * Miai Candidate

"Failure would shame my ancestors."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:02 pm

"Thank you, Kitsu-san. My apologies for being unexpected," he says politely as he enters the room. "I have been remiss in not speaking with you more regularly and hoped to remedy that. If it isn't too much imposition to do that now?"
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:37 pm

Tsugmasa shook his head.

"Not at all, Matsu-san. Not at all." he said, gesturing to a table where the pair could sit and talk. "Should I send for the servants to get refreshments? I really wasn't expecting anyone tonight, so I have nothing prepared."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:30 pm

"Ah, perhaps that is wise, Kitsu-san. Forgive me but I'm feeling a bit parched today and would welcome some tea or even just water. And of course it's a more polite way to chat." The Matsu bows his head in respect, allowing Tsugumasa to make the request while he takes a seat.

When he returns, Ishioka thanks him again and asks, "How have you found the miai so far, Kitsu-san? I recall that back on the welcome day you seemed a bit anxious."
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:35 am

White tea is served.

"Ah well, I mean, I think that goes for a lot of people here, right?" he offered. "Everyone's acting like one kemari ball kick is the difference between Heaven and Hell, and the feeling kind of spreads, don't you think?"

He sighed a bit.

"After the lineage recitation I haven't done very well in the events, being consistently mid or last tier. And I haven't found anyone I think would meet my family's expectations so...." he trailed off a bit,

More sighing.

"I'm sorry, Matsu-san, I shouldn't bother you with that. How has your own efforts been progressing?"

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:59 am

The Matsu listens attentively and nods politely as Tsugumasu recaps recent history, though he obviously makes a face at the shugenja's suggestion that he is a bother.

"Kitsu Tsugumasu-san, I came to offer you help. I asked about your efforts because of genuine curiosity. I assure you, you are no bother or burden to me," Ishioka says calmly, trying to put the other man at ease.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:24 pm

"Ah, sorry, sorry..." Tsugumasa said worried that he had offended his guest. "It's just, y'know supposed to be strong all the time, and I didn't want to bring to shame the Lion by showing weakness, or indirectly insult you by assuming that it was ok to show weakness..."

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:00 pm

Ishi lets some of the stone slide and raises his eyebrows, just to show the Kitsu he gets it.

"Kitsu-san, I'm going to be candid with you. This is a rough place for the sons of Akodo. Lots of expectations, lots of rules, lots of things that could be taken as slights to our honor. But I've spent most of my life being a disappointing Matsu," the big man sighs. "Duty comes first, because no amount of honor covers up failure, right?" Ishioka isn't a great one for warm and fuzzy, but he has some experience from coaching his soldiers who take being assigned to Kyuden Hida as an insult.
Description

Kitsu Tsugumasa

Post by Kitsu Tsugumasa » Wed Aug 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Tsugumasa nods.

"But that is the problem though, isn't it? Even if I act as a paragon of Honor, if I leave this miai with a poor match, I will have failed." he admitted.

He shrugged.

"But I have just not seen anyone who matches what my family has asked for. There's an insulting Moth, a terrifyingly large Kuni, and a Moto that looks like she's escaped from a Phoenix inquisition."

Another sigh.

"Honor is stronger than steel, but it does not conjure up one's desires out of nothing."