[D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Bayushi Mitsu

Re: [D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 1:43 am

Bayushi titled his head, staring at Shosuro. Then he glanced at Shiba. "A little relaxation looks good on you, my friends. You're settling in to your time here. And if you want an ikebana-by-way-of-horse event, well, I can see what I can arrange..."

"Been hanging around these two much, Suzume-san?" Bayushi wondered, turning to the third man after taking a seat. "I'm afraid I missed that drinking over honor that you mentioned - I'm very curious! But I do have some news about that mysterious changing painting," he informed, looking at each of them in turn. "It was a fake! A mundane switch, no disturbed spirits involved. The parties involved have been identified, and everything will soon be rectified. All thanks to a little careful investigation." Bayushi straightened his clothes to a particular standard.

(D6, EM) Agenda push! - Sentiment (Void) TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 3 / Opportunity: 0 / Strife: 2
Image Image Image
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 3:30 pm

"I'd guessed as much" Hikimasu replied. "I'm pleased you got to the bottom of it. Just a prank or some test from the Shika?"
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:21 pm

Some painting changed?

Raizo wasn't big on rumors, hadn't been back to the great hall in a few days, and had therefore completely missed the flap over the painting.

"Someone moved a painting or something?"

And people cared?
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:39 pm

He looked at Raizo for a moment and sipped his tea.

"There are paintings in the castle, of a Scorpion woman, and they suggest she has killed many lovers", he explained. "One of the paintings had changed, the woman was gone, only the background of the painting remained...and people spoke of having seen a particular scorpion woman who resembled the one in the painting about town."

he put the cup down.

"Now do you understand why people cared?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:57 pm

The Phoenix blinked.

"Some painting goes screwy and everyone's first thought is a haunting of some kind?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:04 pm

"Some did, others not as much", he shrugged.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:37 am

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Thu Aug 19, 2021 9:57 pm
"Some painting goes screwy and everyone's first thought is a haunting of some kind?"
"One can't be too careful about supernatural matters," Bayushi advised sagely, placing a hand above his heart.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:09 am

"Wouldn't that include making sure they are supernatural first?"

Memories of aggravated Isawa whose time had been wasted arose unbidden.
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 2:36 pm

Bayushi nodded. "Yes, of course." He held up his fingers in succession. "If it appears supernatural, take caution. Reach out carefully with your senses - consult an honorable shugenja if you can. If it is determined safe at the moment, then approach and investigate. In this case, you see," he went on, gesturing with punctuation, "as soon as I saw that the 'changed' painting was a fake, the supernatural could be ruled out. Forgery is a quite human endeavor."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:00 pm

"Anyway", Hikimasu scooted his plate away. "I'm assuming we're all ready for what comes today?"
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description