[D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:10 pm

Honorable goals my ass.

He took another bite of fish.

"Yes, I can imagine all the honor involved."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:14 pm

"Damn near spilled out all over the floor."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:32 pm

He grumbled.

Some people don't know how to take advice (that they got time warped to them IRL after the fact).

He thought a bit more. Though at the same time, some Crane wasn't his responsibility, and even still he should be trying to instigate a full war between them, shouldn't he? With a groan the Scorpion shook his head and ate.

"Tell me something good aside that, then, Shiba-san."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:54 pm

"Well. My head hasn't fallen off yet, meaning that I may yet survive to suffer some tragicomic fate walking out the door?"
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:58 pm

"Hopes and dreams are important", the Scorpion nodded and finished his miso.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:00 pm

"Any idea what the Deer have lined up for us today?"

Perhaps they'll have us recite poetry while standing on our heads, that'd be about up to par.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:05 pm

"Archery", he said. "Fate not having us on like a couple of nags we should be fine."

It would be mediocre.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:14 pm

"Ah. Good. For a moment there I was afraid they'd pick something I actually knew how to do for a change."

He would overperform.
Remember to Breathe

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:55 pm

The Suzume followed their conversation with his eyes, honest and awkward smiles here and there, but he seemed to be somewhat at a loss for what exactly to say, for a long time.

Which... might be expected. A Lion and a Crane drinking and fighting over a lover that left both of them for someone else.

It took him some time, but he finally chuckled slightly, between bites of yam.

"That'd make quite a story, eh, Shiba-sama. Makes the plays from the last few days much more believable too, I suppose", he adds with a friendly grin.

"In fact... that reminds me of another story... one a friend of my uncle who visited us from time to time when I was a child once told us. He had been assigned as a yojimbo to a diplomat of our humble people in a Crane court close to Lion lands... must've been in 1110, perhaps a few years earlier, I'm not sure how long before he told us it had happened..."

... and on he went. The crux of the story was basically that the Sparrow Diplomat had seen a Lion and a Crane, both much more important than himself, discussing important matters related to food, art, the military and so on - and on each one of the matters, the Lion and Crane seemed to find something to disagree on. The funny thing was - the reason they disagreed always hinged on what each one thought was the honourable thing to do. So, while both disagreed on basically everything, they failed to see that they agreed on that one important thing - that both were committed to doing the most honourable thing. And, as a result, neither of them could get done most of the things they hoped to see done.

"So...", the Sparrow added. "I suppose sometimes too much focus on one thing may end up making that thing harder to achieve?", he added with a smile.

"But sorry I got a bit carried away... Archery, then?", he asked the Shosuro. "I wasn't entirely expecting they would focus on martial aspects. Although perhaps it is to be expected?"

OOC:
D6 EM - Agenda vs Shosuro Hikimasu - Earth/ Performance TN 2 | TN: 2 | Success: 5 / Opportunity: 1 / Strife: 4
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
5 Success symbol/ 4Strife symbol/ 1Opportunity symbol
Opportunity symbol negates 1 Strife symbol

So: Success + 3 extra Success symbol = 4 Agenda points
3 Strife symbol taken!
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:08 am

That was a lot

"Well told, Suzume-san. An important lesson."

but that was a lot.

"And of course, the empire is full of samurai, we are a people of warriors. If there was only go and poetry, there'd be nothing for men like us to truly shine at."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description