[D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

[D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:41 pm

Hikimasu had a good night previously, if he was completely honest. He enjoyed his time spent, he hadn't done anything worthy of regret really. So why was he feeling so...empty, bad, useless, put out, or otherwise annoyed with himself?

Was it his Scorpion blood calling for villainy and dastardly actions? Or was there something else? Regardless, he felt anxious, restless. It was a horrible feeling, one he hated.

Sitting in the common room of the inn, he couldn't remove himself from that state. Even when his breakfast arrived and he petted Renjiro-sama in thanks he didn't much pay attention to the innkeeper aside such token things.

Well, the miso would get cold if he didn't eat, so at least he had something to do, but what was bothering him? He would have ordered sake to get his mind less worrisome, but everyone would notice and he didn't have the will to deal with it.

At least it tastes good, so likely I'm not actually depressed.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Suzume Senseki

Re: [D6, EM] Someone Open the Bar Early (Open)

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:41 pm
Hikimasu had a good night previously, if he was completely honest. He enjoyed his time spent, he hadn't done anything worthy of regret really. So why was he feeling so...empty, bad, useless, put out, or otherwise annoyed with himself?

Was it his Scorpion blood calling for villainy and dastardly actions? Or was there something else? Regardless, he felt anxious, restless. It was a horrible feeling, one he hated.

Sitting in the common room of the inn, he couldn't remove himself from that state. Even when his breakfast arrived and he petted Renjiro-sama in thanks he didn't much pay attention to the innkeeper aside such token things.

Well, the miso would get cold if he didn't eat, so at least he had something to do, but what was bothering him? He would have ordered sake to get his mind less worrisome, but everyone would notice and he didn't have the will to deal with it.

At least it tastes good, so likely I'm not actually depressed.
A quiet, calm, almost too serene man making his way to the common room and asking for a bowl of rice and... yam made for an almost comical contrast with the restless Scorpion.

Seeing the other man apparently enjoying his miso, or trying to at least, the Sparrow bowed respectfully. "Ah, Scorpion-sama! Good morning. I assume you're here for the miai, ne? I think I've seen you around.", he said, his voice calm and tempered as he waited for his yammy breakfast.
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 pm

Yams.

"Suzune-san, I presume", he said with a bow. "I am Shosuro Hikimasu."

Straightening up he did his best to push his discomfort aside. So instead of dead eyes he only had dead eyes.

"I am here for the miai, I hope your fortunes have been promising."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:27 pm

Raizo, off of an evening of trying to keep a feud between the Asahina and Kitsu from flaring up unduly, coupled with a bit more sake than he usually got to guzzle, emerged from his room looking a bit like a man whose head had been hollowed out for use as a residence by an especially exuberant goblin.

Somehow, his monosyllables- grunted in low tones- conveyed his need for miso. He looked up, spotted the Sparrow and the Scorpion, grunted something that might have been an acknowledgment, and returned to trying to stare a hole in the tabletop.

Son of a thousand bitches, this is why I don't do that. And I will definitely avoid it later.

He thought, demonstrating a complete and total absence of oracular ability.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:38 pm

"Good morning, Shiba-san", Hikimasu greeted with a lopsided grin. "Had yourself a fine time, I see." He waved him over, palm down. "Sit with this fine samurai and myself. We can share woes as it seems most have yet to wake."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:40 pm

"Glrg."

The Phoenix drifted over, carrying his miso with him.

"Shosuro-san. Suzume-san. Morning."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:42 pm

"Of course", he made some room as necessary and offered tea. He poured for the Suzume as well.
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 pm
"So i don't need to introduce you two, then?" he asked, seeing as how Raizo greeted the other.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Suzume Senseki

Post by Suzume Senseki » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:07 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:23 pm
Yams.

"Suzune-san, I presume", he said with a bow. "I am Shosuro Hikimasu."

Straightening up he did his best to push his discomfort aside. So instead of dead eyes he only had dead eyes.

"I am here for the miai, I hope your fortunes have been promising."
The Suzume bowed again, lower now. "Hai - Suzume Senseki, douzo yoroshiku", he says, but before he says anything else Raizo arrives.
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:38 pm
"Good morning, Shiba-san", Hikimasu greeted with a lopsided grin. "Had yourself a fine time, I see." He waved him over, palm down. "Sit with this fine samurai and myself. We can share woes as it seems most have yet to wake."
Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:40 pm
"Glrg."

The Phoenix drifted over, carrying his miso with him.

"Shosuro-san. Suzume-san. Morning."
Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:42 pm
"Of course", he made some room as necessary and offered tea. He poured for the Suzume as well.
Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:15 pm
"So i don't need to introduce you two, then?" he asked, seeing as how Raizo greeted the other.
Senseki bowed to Raizo as well as he showed up, grunted, then got some miso and greeted them. "Good morning, Shiba-sama", he said with a kind, but restrained smile. It was clear the man had been through... something, so respecting his sensibilities would be, well, sensible.

"Thank you, Shosuro-sama", he said then, nodding respectfully at the Scorpion as he poured the tea. "I've met Shiba-sama while walking around the Kyuden a few days ago, ne, Shiba-sama." He then looked at the Phoenix and the Scorpion in turn, brow slightly furrowed. It seemed like something had happened, but what wasn't exactly clear.

He didn't feel like asking would do it much good, though... or how to ask. So he went to the obvious topic... "The rain still doesn't see fit to stop, it seems, ne."
Sparrow Clan * Woodsman * Herbalist * Wicker hat * Disheveled hair * Clothes never fully clean
Not a penny to his name * A simple life is a good life * Life is sacred * The truth is always simple

Carries: Common clothes, Wicker hat, Daisho, Knife, Sling, Daisho (as allowed), Medicine Kit, Pillow books.
In the field: Ashigaru armour, Wicker hat, Daisho, Sling, Knife, Bo, Hunting Yari, Travelling pack, Rations, Pillow books.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:39 pm

Suzume Senseki wrote:
Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:07 pm
Senseki bowed to Raizo as well as he showed up, grunted, then got some miso and greeted them. "Good morning, Shiba-sama", he said with a kind, but restrained smile. It was clear the man had been through... something, so respecting his sensibilities would be, well, sensible.

"Thank you, Shosuro-sama", he said then, nodding respectfully at the Scorpion as he poured the tea. "I've met Shiba-sama while walking around the Kyuden a few days ago, ne, Shiba-sama." He then looked at the Phoenix and the Scorpion in turn, brow slightly furrowed. It seemed like something had happened, but what wasn't exactly clear.

He didn't feel like asking would do it much good, though... or how to ask. So he went to the obvious topic... "The rain still doesn't see fit to stop, it seems, ne."
"True", the Scorpion agreed. "It seems to enjoy it's place as our companion."

He sipped his miso then took another bite of fish.

"Good you two have met, if you have anything particularly loud to rattle or bang though, Suzume-san, feel free. I think Shiba-san may still be asleep."

He chuckled.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 17, 2021 3:00 am

"You don't need to take the whole 'Scorpion villainy' thing quite so literally, Shosuro-san."

Raizo winced.

"Especially not when I think the sound of my own breathing is painfully loud..."
Remember to Breathe