(D5 LM open hot spring) Post-games bathing

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Usogawa Emiko

(D5 LM open hot spring) Post-games bathing

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:13 pm

After what had been a tough event but ultimately a quite successful one, Emiko continued her tradition of going to relax in the hot springs afterwards. She took some time cleaning before slipping into the water with a sigh.

This is so nice she thought to herself as she closed her eyes.

(OOC - strife reduced to 50% start of thread)
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Re: (D5 LM open hot spring) Post-games bathing

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:27 am

Tanabe had been around Emiko here and there. Basically if he wasn't otherwise engaged he would he the shadow to his ward. The days events had been interesting and he wasn't sure how they had gone but while he enjoyed games he had been no Go master.

He figured now was as good a time as any to bathe and relax a little from the trial. He also cleaned himself and met Emiko back at the hot spring towel over his shoulder and then hung nearby before slipping into the waters "ahhh we should find a way to pit a hot spring on a boat Emi-chan!" He exclaimed while he relaxed.
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm

"My, it looks like a gathering of Otters. Is there a noun of assemblage for such things." Yoshi bows in greeting, bottle of sake at his side. "This one is Kasuga Yoshi. Please help yourselves" Yoshi lowers himself into the waters along with the bottle.

"You both must know Narumi-san"

(Strife -3 strife)
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins
(Battle): Tetsubo

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"
Theme Song: Smooth Criminal (Shamisen Style!)

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Susaki Tanabe wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:27 am
He figured now was as good a time as any to bathe and relax a little from the trial. He also cleaned himself and met Emiko back at the hot spring towel over his shoulder and then hung nearby before slipping into the waters "ahhh we should find a way to pit a hot spring on a boat Emi-chan!" He exclaimed while he relaxed.
Emiko giggled at that. "I don't even know how we'd do that! It sounds impossible to me, but I'll see if mother knows a way. Perhaps the kami can self-heat water?"
Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm
"My, it looks like a gathering of Otters. Is there a noun of assemblage for such things." Yoshi bows in greeting, bottle of sake at his side. "This one is Kasuga Yoshi. Please help yourselves" Yoshi lowers himself into the waters along with the bottle.

(Strife -3 strife)
Emiko bowed respectfully to the arriving person.

"Good morning samurai-sama. I'm not sure I know who you are, but you seem to know who we are at least!"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Susaki Tanabe

Post by Susaki Tanabe » Sat Aug 14, 2021 5:08 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Emiko giggled at that. "I don't even know how we'd do that! It sounds impossible to me, but I'll see if mother knows a way. Perhaps the kami can self-heat water?"
"Ahhh you know well when it comes to matter of the kami I'm clueless on what they can do! But heating water does seem like something fire kami could do, or maybe water kami since it's water? Not gonna think about, that'll just make my brain hurt." He says sinking deeper into the water."
Kasuga Yoshi wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 2:54 pm

"Well Kasuga-san there are two words Otters at play are called a Romp and very fittingly a group of resting Otters is called a Raft." Tanabe responded "well met this one is Susaki Tanabe and this most charming woman is my ward Usogawa Emiko." He said with a bright smile.

"Hai of course I know Narumi-san, good woman, matchmaker in training. I'm sure she's taking all sorts of notes seeing how the deer do it."
Otter Clan * sumai * large * yojimbo * loud * musician?
Honor: 49 Glory: 35 Status: 22 CP: 26
Carries: travelling clothes, daisho, a jade braclet
When allowed: ashigaru armor, tekken.

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sat Aug 14, 2021 11:35 pm

"Ahh!" Yoshi brightens. "So I have the pleasure of meeting our resident Go champion." Yoshi raises the now warmed bottle of sake toward Emiko. "You ran three opponents faster than I could do two, and that's something to be commended Usogawa-san"
Tortoise Clan | Honor: 25 | Glory: 27| Status: 25 | Male | Diplomat | Groomed | Generous | Strife with Mantis
Equipment (standard): Traveling clothes, wakizashi, calligraphy set, knife, kiseru, abacus or gaijin compass, travelling pack, pouch of gaijin coins

"It's an absolute pleasure to see you again. Here, please take this gift. I insist"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:17 pm

"It's lovely to meet you Kasuga-san, and thank you for your kind words" Emiko said with a smile "I enjoy go, although I don't normally play like that. I just took advantage of what I perceived as a very relaxed playstyle from my opponents and used an aggressive tactic to force them into a defense they weren't prepared for. It seemed to be effective. I can only credit my father for teaching me all that I know, and then how to improve on what I know."

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:50 pm

"Well it certainly worked. I had to rely on the methods I learned from those who beat me. Namely, the old timers who could beat you like a rented horse while half drunk and with a lung full of smoke" Yoshi responds playfully. "Sailors enjoy their shore leave a lot of different ways, and drubbing youngsters like myself was a fairly sure bet."

Yoshi looks at his hand. "I am not sure if I qualify as "young" anymore"

Kasuga Yoshi

Post by Kasuga Yoshi » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:54 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:17 pm
"Wait... Emiko?" Yoshi snaps his fingers. "Are you the one who has some sort of rare instrument?"

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:00 pm

There was a surprised look.

"Who told you about that?"