(D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:41 pm

"I suspect, that it would be impossible to learn all I wished about you," he says with a warm smile. "The depths of a poet's soul are far too vast and I am far too curious to ever truly be satisfied in that regard. But I do feel enough of a connection to want to continue learning as well."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:20 pm

Hajime smiled. "Then perhaps events will conspire to give you more time to learn. Perhaps even a great deal more time. I would welcome that opportunity as well, I think." He paused, taking in Murato's face and the spark in his eyes. "No, I am sure."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Murato nods, taking another bite of chilling rice, realizing that they had been ignoring it in favor of conversation. "Funny how sometimes it feels like a discussion can sustain us like a bowl of rice no? But yes, I think we should arrange for more time to talk. Perhaps we might attend one of the plays in the future together, since our meeting was a result of skipping one." He smirked at that.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:07 pm

"That sounds lovely, Kitsu-sama," Hajime replied. "I am very much looking forward to it." He glanced down at his untouched food. "Kitsu-sama is far too engrossing a conversationalist. I am afraid we hav allowed our mutual curiosity to cool down your wonderful meal! Still, I am willing to bet it is still delicious." He set to with gusto.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 5:12 pm

He ate a few bites, and smiling between then, occasionally interrupting with a meal, but politely waiting for responses between chewing as well. "What kinds of food do they tend to prefer in you home? In the mountains I imagine a good amount of it is dried or preserved foods that are reconstituted for cooking?"

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:31 pm

"We do eat a lot of dried foods, it's true. We import a great deal of food, so it must be preserved for travel purposes. Of course, there is nearly no fish in our diet, which makes for quite the change when we come down to the lowlands and find rivers and streams and the great wide sea providing for everyone. I had never had an eel--never seen one, even!--before I came down to Otosan Uchi. We make do with somewhat heavier meats, from animals that can live on the mountain plants and shrubs and so on. Birds, too, which can be kept easily enough."

He bowed his head. "It is sad, but true: many lowlanders cannot handle the richness of our meat."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:43 pm

"I have not had the opportunity to eat any Dragon cuisine myself. I should like to get the opportunity some day. Do you have a particular dish that is a favorite in the mountains that you would suggest if I ever get the chance?" he asks, curious at the Kitsuki's suggestion.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:25 pm

Hajime considered for a moment. "There is a great dish to share called Imoni. You take a great big pot and you stew taro, potatoes, beef, onions, sake, and sugar all together in a miso broth. Then you just adjust the size of pot you are using to fit the number of guests. There is a pot at Last Step Castle that can feed the whole Kitsuki family."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:47 pm

The idea of eating beef makes it sound a bit less appetizing, but he also had never been one to avoid new things that might end up being good things. "Then I will need to keep this Imoni in mind. It sounds like it's as much an experience as it is a meal."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:48 pm

"Oh, I should say so." Hajime nodded earnestly. "A community event! Useful for reminding everyone what kinship is about, is a shared meal. I imagine that your people have many such things, too, what with Akodo's maxims."