(D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:20 am

"I'm supposed to be helping with some spirits as well, though I am still waiting on details," he says with a nod. "Back home they tend to come to me. Enough know each other that they learn about me from one another. They all interact too, though it looks a bit different. Perhaps one day I'll be able to attend a spirit party."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:57 pm

"A spirit...party?" That sounded strange. "That sounds interesting. Are they often reveling, our ancestors?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:13 pm

"Just a supposition. But past emperors have held plenty of parties. And since the empire mirrors Tengoku, it stands to reason that there are parties in heaven as well. So it would
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:40 pm

"I suppose so." Hajime tilted his head. "I must confess that I hadn't thought of that. Certainly spirits and their influence have always created a great number of unknowns, like this business with the paintings. Fortunately, that turned out not to have been a spirit's work, but if it had been, then the possibilities become much more difficult to narrow, for a spirit could very much be interested in anything, whereas a forger and a prankster tend to have easily identifiable concerns."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:36 pm

"A spirit in general can be looking for anything," he agrees with a nod. "But individual spirits tend to be singular in their focus. Once you figure out what they want it tends to be easy to pick your next step."

Then his eyes light with remembrance.

"Ah! Some spirits do have parties... I forgot. Abandoned object spirits will gather and create ghostly music while dancing around, so they don't feel lonely. It's a bit tragically beautiful."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:09 am

"It sounds it," murmured Hajime, who as a misplaced object had some idea what a lost one might feel like.

"Does Kitsu-sama spend all his free time with spirits, or does he have other interests as well?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:17 am

"Well, technically I do spend all my time, free or not, with one spirit who is always hanging around. But I do also enjoy other hobbies. I like performing, introspection, and as I mentioned before poetry. Though I am certainly not as accomplished as you. But I also like to maintain a fitness and readiness for battle even if I am among the most unlikely to be assigned to it. And my love of temples and shrines... I likely sound like I have close to no focus," he says with a guilty smile. "Might be easier to list the things I don't enjoy honestly. Like shogi tournaments... and cabbage... yeah, that about sums it up."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:27 am

"I feel much the same way about my swordsmanship as you do about fitness, though I confess that I am not much of an athlete. I simply feel that if I were so blessed as to be called upon to use my training instead of my talents, I ought to be ready for it."

He tilted his head. "And I appreciate a man with such varied interests. A dull life would be a great burden to bear, I think. For myself, well, I seldom run out of engaging topics of which I can learn. It's really the unknown that fascinates me most, I think. The unknown, and the unmasking of it."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:33 am

"It certainly is something that I enjoy. Though it's the little unknowns that have tended to bring me the most rewarding feeling. Learning about an individual, gaining understanding of a person's way of life, learning how they feel about duty or what their dreams are. Connecting. Learning how my life differs from another's. Seeing the waves rather than watching the ocean."

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Hajime nodded slowly. "And have you learned what you wished to about me, Kitsu-sama? Do you feel as though we have connected?"