(D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

(D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:16 pm

The setup was not nearly as fancy or elaborate as it had been for Yasu, but Murato was still prepared to receive a late dinner guest. He waited patiently after arranging the tea, bowls of rice, several sides, and miso.
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Re: (D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:07 pm

Unaware that Murato has not set things up particularly splendidly for him, Hajime has gone out of his way to look nice for their evening. His kimono is cut to flatter his shoulders and the suggestive curve of his surprisingly feminine hips. A pair of lacquer netsuke in the shape of dogs dangled from his obi, their cords framing a lovely blue fan decorated with a flurry of white snowflakes.

He scratched at the door firmly.
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:32 pm

By contrast, Murato wore the same thing he always did. Either he only wore the one kimono, or his wardrobe completely lacks variety. He bows and invites Hajime in. "Kitsuki-san, I am glad to see you again. Please join me."

He indicates the seat across from where he had been sitting. "You are looking quite stylish this evening. I must admit I've never had the sense for fashion, so please forgive my own appearance."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:23 pm

"Kitsu-sama's appearance is aesthetically pleasing in any case," Hajime replied with a smile. "I thought that I might go the extra mile to demonstrate my appreciation of your kind invitation. I find that others appreciate knowing someone appreciates their efforts after having gone to the trouble to arrange a meal."

He followed the Kitsu's gesture and settled into his seat with no small amount of fluidity and grace, folding his hands just so in his lap. "I see Kitsu-sama has arranged a nice little feast for us. Thank you for your generosity." He bowed formally. "I am ever so hungry."
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:37 pm

"It is my pleasure," he says as he sits as well, far less gracefully but still formally. He smiles pleasantly at the Dragon as he moves to pour tea for both.

"Your appreciation is certainly noted. And I am glad to have the chance to share this meal."

He sets down the tea pot, then moves to pick up chopsticks before offering an, "Itadakimasu."

He waits for the appropriate time to start eating along with his guest.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:01 pm

Hajime tucked in at the appropriate time, and for someone obviously so manners-conscious, it did seem that he had a healthy appetite. "Delicious!." he pronounced. "It is lovely the quality of rice one can get so near the Osari plains. It loses a little in transit--we import so much of it back home."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:37 pm

"Indeed, but for me I don't have discerning enough a palate to tell a difference between rices. The flavor is made better by the company it is shared with instead. I have never had rice that had to travel more than a day or two I think. Stored through winter, certainly, but the winter snow makes a warm bowl of rice taste better too," he says with a smile.

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:27 pm

"Oh, hai, I agree! And hunger is the sweetest sauce." Hajime nodded slowly. "Not Togashi wisdom, of course, but I think there's a ring to it all the same." He smiled. "So...has today been a snowy one for Kitsu-sama? Or are we celebrating a day well-lived?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:57 am

"It has had it's moments, but I never consider any day a bad one. I got to see the sun, breath the air and eat some rice. Makes it a day worth living. Everything else is a pleasant bonus," he said with a nod. "And what of your own day?"

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:43 am

"I suppose the best way to describe it would be 'busy,'" he replied, chuckling. "I thought I would be investigating one kind of ghost, and then found myself looking into an entirely different disturbance, and I have had my third run-in with your clan-mate, Matsu Ishioka."