(D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

Re: (D4, LE) It's Filling Me Up!

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:54 am

The easiest scar he has to show... he lifts his sleeve to show a place where a blade of some sort ran through his bicep. In one side and out the other. "Creepy doll being controlled and possessed by a spirit. It had a knife it flung across the room at me. I was lucky enough to catch it in my arm with a block before it found it's way to my chest. With the full telling, it gets much creepier and unpleasant."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:06 am

Hajime nodded slowly, his eyes not leaving the scar except to flit to Murato's face. "So the spirit took over the motions of the doll and used it to throw a knife? How...fascinating." There really wasn't a better word for how he felt about it. "Did you banish it? Do spirits often possess inanimate objects like that?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:23 am

"So... it just kind of hovered near the doll and threw the knife with otherworldly power. We did end up banishing it though," he said with a nod. "Though the doll still has some lingering spiritual effects on it to this day. We tried destroying it and it kept returning back to the same location."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Kitsuki Hajime

Post by Kitsuki Hajime » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:14 am

"Bizarre," Hajime pronounced. "And yes, creepy. But from what you said earlier, isn't appeasing spirits a matter of finding out what they want, and then they move along? Was it the case that this spirit's desires were simply too murderous to be appeased?"
* Dragon Clan * Courtier * Dangerous Allure * Fashion-conscious * Preening * Striking a Pose * Inquisitive *

Courtship Points: 17 Honor: 52 Glory: 44 Status: 30

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:50 am

He nods at that. "It's true, some are like that and require idossipation or destruction rather than appeasement or banishment. Sakkaku and chikushudo spirits in particular, I've never seen needing to be dealt with violently."