(D3 LM hotsprings open) a kemari-induced soak

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D3 LM hotsprings open) a kemari-induced soak

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:03 pm

"Hmm, I think our yakatabune can hold more than that, although of course it might become more difficult to sail. Especially if someone falls overboard."

Emiko nodded.

"Ah...hai, by sleeping overnight it cured itself. I just hope future plays are an improvement, the first night was quite good."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:30 pm

"...

Was the playwriter someone important? Like the Deer champion itself? From one you recount it, I just see no other explanation for it to have been on schedule.

Did the actors have fun at least?"

Half-seriously half-jokingly:

"And on which day to you think the Deer will ask of us to get on stage to demonstrate our theatrical skills?"
Unicorn Clan | Bushi | Cavalry | Commander | Goth | Barbarian
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).
Famously Reliable/Gaijin Culture/Omen of Bad Luck

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sat Aug 14, 2021 9:50 pm

"I...I don't remember the playwright being named, so I don't know. Either way, I think the actors enjoyed it. Or at least they stayed perfectly in character so were well trained."

Emiko giggled at the last part, adding "I hope we get to do that! I love performing on a stage. Well, the Otter don't really have stages, but the performing part at least."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:17 pm

"Oh. Are you an actress yourself?

If so, more of a dancing actress, a singing actress or a storytelling actress? A lot of things can happen on a stage."
Honor: 31 (Honor is the Ideal) | Glory: 47* (Reputable Samurai) | Status: 30 (average Great Clan samurai) | Profile
Usually dressed in white and black. Gaijin-style "daisho" (scimitar, buckler, wakizashi).

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:46 pm

"I prefer to dance, so a dancing actress. However, I've taken time to learn singing and storytelling as well" Emiko said with a smile "my mother was very insistent on making sure I learnt many different arts, so I could better serve the Otter. It's always an adventure, no matter what kind of performance it is."

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:29 am

"She sounds like a wise woman to me. Though they'll eventually specialize in one, a warrior must learn of several weapons before completing their apprenticeship, because even the best archer will one day finds themselves in a situation where they need to draw a blade, and the best sword fighter to notch arrow.

And if art is the weapon your clan has entrusted to you, seems logical you get the full panoply too."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:34 pm

"Hai, I've been blessed to learn from her as have all the Otter she teaches" Emiko nodded a few times "what's it like at the Unicorn? Do you learn lots of arts?"

Moto Mitsuki

Post by Moto Mitsuki » Wed Aug 18, 2021 5:18 pm

"Well, the Ide are very good at acquiring art pieces from all over the world... And we have very good artisans, as in impressively skillful craftpersons...

As for the more ephemeral arts, I don't think we have any structure or school at the clan level dedicated to them. Promising artists must arrange for more training outside the clan for their potential to flourish.

I would say the only thing that happens on stage that is truly Unicorn in essence are the acrobat shows, like jumping from horse to horse or firing a bow using only one's feet. Everything else is just a tradition we've imported and have yet to truly integrate."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 19, 2021 5:17 pm

"Jumping from horse to horse sounds...wow. People do that? Doesn't that startle the horse?"

Emiko shook her head.

"I suppose the Otter jump from boat to boat, but the boat is generally secured well. Boats are a lot less jumpy than horses! I would love to see that kind of performance."