(D2 LA Sakuras room) A staged practice run

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Usogawa Emiko

Re: (D2 LA Sakuras room) A staged practice run

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Emiko looked slightly confused at that.

"That's very specific. Acting isn't about playing a specific role, one doesn't always become someone from a clan great or minor. Some pieces don't have clans at all, to avoid offense to any others. The idea of acting is to take a role from the paper and breathe life into it. Give it feelings, emotions. Give it a voice, a personality. Make it live. I'll make an example."

She paused, to think a moment, before speaking.

"Imagine the role of a painter. On paper the painter is someone lacking in confidence but loves their art. If you take that, bring it to life. Picture it as a person. How do you do that?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:34 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:56 pm
Emiko looked slightly confused at that.

"That's very specific. Acting isn't about playing a specific role, one doesn't always become someone from a clan great or minor. Some pieces don't have clans at all, to avoid offense to any others. The idea of acting is to take a role from the paper and breathe life into it. Give it feelings, emotions. Give it a voice, a personality. Make it live. I'll make an example."

She paused, to think a moment, before speaking.

"Imagine the role of a painter. On paper the painter is someone lacking in confidence but loves their art. If you take that, bring it to life. Picture it as a person. How do you do that?"
"Mmmmm... I suppose they would always be looking for... inspiration, but they would be nervous about speaking with others. I would, perhaps, have them sometimes speak of their art at times that are slightly... inappropriate to the current topic of discussion?"
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:23 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:34 am
"Mmmmm... I suppose they would always be looking for... inspiration, but they would be nervous about speaking with others. I would, perhaps, have them sometimes speak of their art at times that are slightly... inappropriate to the current topic of discussion?"
"Perfect" Emiko nodded "now hold onto that and bring it to life. Try thinking like that person. How would they be now, speaking with a friend here?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:23 pm
Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:34 am
"Perfect" Emiko nodded "now hold onto that and bring it to life. Try thinking like that person. How would they be now, speaking with a friend here?"
Sakura hums. "Blunt. Shy, perhaps, but willing to speak more freely than normal."

Her lips twitch slightly. "Perhaps, they would be speaking of things more private than normal."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:07 pm
Sakura hums. "Blunt. Shy, perhaps, but willing to speak more freely than normal."

Her lips twitch slightly. "Perhaps, they would be speaking of things more private than normal."
"See, you've brought the character to life" Emiko said with a smile "now become the character. That's what acting is; bringing the story to life, and becoming the character in the story."