[Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Bayushi Mitsu

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:37 pm

Bayushi glanced at the Crane, then turned back to Shiba across from him. Picking up a morsel of food, he gestured casually with it. "One seems unlikely to be around to contemplate the ancestors were it not for desire." Out came the mask, in popped the food.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 pm
"It has been pleasant and entertaining over the past day or so. They make great efforts to maintain high levels of privacy and intimateness in every spot that one might feel obliged to sit down at. The design of the city has been...rather interesting to observe." Akihiro said to the ronin. "And before you arrived in the Kyuden where did you last put down your head?"
"In the literal sense? A grass field by the road, with my pack as a pillow. Lovely view of the stars," Aimi says with a soft smile, "In a more general sense, the Akodo lands. There's always work for a shugenja there, as the peasants are as pious as anywhere else but the Kitsu have greater duties."

She frowns slightly. "I tried venturing into the Matsu provinces once. They were... I did not return."

She pointedly looks away as the talk turns to matters of the Three Sins and general good conduct. Nobody wants to hear from a ronin about such things.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:44 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:41 pm
"In the literal sense? A grass field by the road, with my pack as a pillow. Lovely view of the stars," Aimi says with a soft smile, "In a more general sense, the Akodo lands. There's always work for a shugenja there, as the peasants are as pious as anywhere else but the Kitsu have greater duties."

She frowns slightly. "I tried venturing into the Matsu provinces once. They were... I did not return."
"How far have you traveled, Aimi-san?"
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:44 pm
"How far have you traveled, Aimi-san?"
"Ah, quite far, though only north of the Spine of the World," Aimi says with a rueful smile, "And not yet beyond the borders of the Empire. The lands of the Lion and Crane in the most cases, though I have ventured near the capital and across to the domains of Unicorn and Dragon once or twice. The lands of the Phoenix I always avoided - your kinsmen are quite polite and hospitable, Shiba-sama, but they have little need for excess shugenja, especially one of such rough training."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:55 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:52 pm
"Ah, quite far, though only north of the Spine of the World," Aimi says with a rueful smile, "And not yet beyond the borders of the Empire. The lands of the Lion and Crane in the most cases, though I have ventured near the capital and across to the domains of Unicorn and Dragon once or twice. The lands of the Phoenix I always avoided - your kinsmen are quite polite and hospitable, Shiba-sama, but they have little need for excess shugenja, especially one of such rough training."
"You might be surprised, but no matter. Time enough in future, I would say. Never been to the Unicorn lands, but the Dragon's mountains are quite a thing."
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:34 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:37 pm
Bayushi glanced at the Crane, then turned back to Shiba across from him. Picking up a morsel of food, he gestured casually with it. "One seems unlikely to be around to contemplate the ancestors were it not for desire." Out came the mask, in popped the food.
Akihiro freezes at the Scorpion's words and turned very slowly towards the mask. "Bayushi-san, I fear I must have misheard you. Did you just imply that my ancestors, my honored, storied, and very venerable ancestors, fell to the sin of desire? Making children has very little to do with desire as my parents will gladly attest to."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:36 pm

Ooooooo, this is gonna be good...
Remember to Breathe

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:34 pm
Akihiro freezes at the Scorpion's words and turned very slowly towards the mask. "Bayushi-san, I fear I must have misheard you. Did you just imply that my ancestors, my honored, storied, and very venerable ancestors, fell to the sin of desire? Making children has very little to do with desire as my parents will gladly attest to."
"Friend Kakita, I merely observed that none of us would be here without desire. Surely all of our ancestors must have had a desire for each other, a desire for children, or a desire to serve their family or lord by providing children. Perhaps even all three." The mask turned to face the Crane, its expression impassive. The tone was friendly enough.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:04 pm

Inoshishi, grateful for the break and thoroughly disinterested in a theological debate, hopes the ronin will consider her invitation for tomorrow while wolfing down her rice. After all, she has a present to deliver!
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:08 pm

Through the halfmask it is difficult to tell but both of Akihiro's eyes widen at the Bayushi's words. He takes a deep breath and looks down at the rice bowl in front of him. "Bayushi-san, I could be charitable and assume we are talking at cross purposes to one another. One does their duty to their lord to produce children regardless of whether they possess even the slightest hint of happiness at doing so. Physical attraction be damned."
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent