[Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shiba Raizo

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:02 am

"As I may have mentioned, her name is Aimi."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:05 am

Inoshishi frowns slightly.

“I’m sure you did! I’m equally sure I wasn’t there!”
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:42 am

"Thousand blessings, Agasha-san. I hope you have enjoyed the beauty of the Shika's home and land." A nod in her direction and then to the ronin.

"And Fortunes travel with you, Aimi-san. I hope you have found rest and relaxation in the walls of the kyuden." A nod. Akihiro should not be surprised but it struck him every time that all the people in the miai were young, beautiful, and largely carefree.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:58 am
She smiles broadly at the ronin.

“Sorry, I don’t know you or I’d introduce you. But I’d like to, ronin always have the best stories!”
"One can find stories anywhere, if they are but willing to listen," Aimi says demurely, ducking her head, "Perhaps we might share such tales another time?"

She doesn't want to talk too freely in front of the Scorpion. All those rumours, all those dark tales... she'd always assumed them to be exaggeration and hyperbole, and yet...
Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:42 am
"And Fortunes travel with you, Aimi-san. I hope you have found rest and relaxation in the walls of the kyuden." A nod. Akihiro should not be surprised but it struck him every time that all the people in the miai were young, beautiful, and largely carefree.
"The hospitality of the Deer has been without fault or failing thus far, Kakita-sama," Aimi says politely, "And yourself? Your stay has been pleasant as well, one hopes."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:42 am
"Thousand blessings, Agasha-san. I hope you have enjoyed the beauty of the Shika's home and land."
“I have! It’s such a nice place. It’s a perfect place for a Miai, don’t you think? It’s romantic and isolated!”
Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm
"One can find stories anywhere, if they are but willing to listen," Aimi says demurely, ducking her head, "Perhaps we might share such tales another time?"
“That is so true! And even though I kinda talk a lot, when I’m not, I listen well for stories! I’d love to share stories with you. Maybe over sake at some point? Sake is great for getting stories to flow. I don’t have anything planned after the play tonight. We could go then?” (ETA cause late in the day ooc) “Or sometime tomorrow! I should be available most of the time!”
Last edited by Agasha Inoshishi on Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 pm

Aimi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:39 pm
"The hospitality of the Deer has been without fault or failing thus far, Kakita-sama," Aimi says politely, "And yourself? Your stay has been pleasant as well, one hopes."
"It has been pleasant and entertaining over the past day or so. They make great efforts to maintain high levels of privacy and intimateness in every spot that one might feel obliged to sit down at. The design of the city has been...rather interesting to observe." Akihiro said to the ronin. "And before you arrived in the Kyuden where did you last put down your head?"
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:42 pm
“I have! It’s such a nice place. It’s a perfect place for a Miai, don’t you think? It’s romantic and isolated!”
"One might suspect the Shika have deliberately cultivated this impression as part of their scheme to attract traffic to their kyuden." Akihiro said flatly.

ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 pm

Kakita Akihiro wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:56 pm
"One might suspect the Shika have deliberately cultivated this impression as part of their scheme to attract traffic to their kyuden." Akihiro said flatly.
“I suppose one could look at it that way. But there’s nothing wrong with adding a little romance to the whole affair! Haven’t you ever heard the stories of star-crossed lovers who meet in places like this yet are destined to forever be apart because of duty? How are you going to feature in one e stories if there’s no romance?”

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:11 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:28 pm
"...how fascinating," Aimi says, her smile fixed and almost wooden for a moment.

She says nothing else, allowing the Dragon's sudden outpouring of enthusiasm to capture the flow of conversation, all but physically fading into the background.
The Scorpion's head tilted slightly as the masked face continued to regard the ronin for some moments. Then, he continued to eat, lifting the bottom of the mask just so, concealing each bite that slipped behind it, following the conversation with a nod here and a glance there.

"We all have our different stories to tell, don't we?" He glanced at the Kakita, the Shiba, the ronin, the Agasha. "Adversities we have overcome. Romance, yes, but not all interesting stories are about romance, are they? Deceptions, sacrifices, gifts and bonds, motivations... I do find it all fascinating, my friends. The study of people."

Pausing, he shrugged. "Perhaps I should become a matchmaker."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 pm

Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 pm
“I suppose one could look at it that way. But there’s nothing wrong with adding a little romance to the whole affair! Haven’t you ever heard the stories of star-crossed lovers who meet in places like this yet are destined to forever be apart because of duty? How are you going to feature in one e stories if there’s no romance?”
Akihiro pointedly stares at the Agasha. "Desire is a sin, Agasha-san. As is regret. Those stories end in tragedy to remind us that our duty is to our lord first. If one is struck by Benten-no-kami and errs by throwing themselves into the arms of passion, they demean themselves and their ancestors by regretting the parting of their object of fascination. Such stories are a list of what not to do, Agasha-san."

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Tue Aug 03, 2021 7:51 pm

The tide of conversation had flowed over and through Raizo... leaving him free to polish off his food.

He briefly contemplated quietly slipping away, but...

But it's not THAT bad. And this Kakita who's too serious and this Agasha who seems incapable of breathing without speaking might be butting heads soon, and that... might call for someone to calm the situation.

Besides, I'm supposed to meet people.
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe