[Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kakita Akihiro

Re: [Day 1, Early Morning] The Breakfast of Champions (Open)

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:18 pm

"..." the half faces Kakita doesn't say anything but grows very tense at the Shiba's words about beauty. "Well met."

He says nothing else as the ronin sits.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:00 pm
Aimi tilts her head for a moment, frowning in thought, before glancing at the other samurai at the table. "You know, I'm not sure... I think that was a compliment? Not much of one, I'll grant, but even so."
The Scorpion chuckled politely. "Welcome, welcome! The food is agreeable and the conversation enlightening. How are you finding Kyuden Shika so far? There are many interesting samurai about."

He busied himself making space on the table with an artful motion, waving for the servant to bring more food. The dark mask turned back to the ronin and the Crane with at once both a fearsome visage and an unreadable expression.
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Shiba Raizo

Post by Shiba Raizo » Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 pm

"Aimi-san, whatever would give you the idea that I never give a compliment? To be sure, I never give a diplomatic one, but all the same..."
Phoenix Clan * Bushi * Soldier* Blunt * Cynical * Seasoned * Strong
Your Wingman Anytime, Whether You Want It Or Not
Glory: 42 * Honor 41 * Status: 30
Carries his katana in an old, drab, battered saya. As of Day 13, wears a delicately carved bracelet of wooden beads polished smooth, laced through with red, yellow, and orange string and a small Phoenix token.
Standard gear: Ceremonial Clothes and a daisho. When in his element, ashigaru armor, a naginata, and a more relaxed form of terror are added into the mix.
Remember to Breathe

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 pm

Shiba Raizo wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:43 pm
"Aimi-san, whatever would give you the idea that I never give a compliment? To be sure, I never give a diplomatic one, but all the same..."
"Ah, Shiba-sama, I apologise most profusely for ever doubting you," Aimi says dryly, starting in on her food. "All impressions that you would rather run screaming for the hills than spend a moment more in our company, were it not for your dutiful adherence to orders, are clearly my own doubts projected onto another."
Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:26 pm
The Scorpion chuckled politely. "Welcome, welcome! The food is agreeable and the conversation enlightening. How are you finding Kyuden Shika so far? There are many interesting samurai about."
"There certainly are, Bayushi-sama," the ronin says... notably more cautious, less prone to the friendly jabs she has learned that Raizo prefers. The mask is... unsettling. By design, no doubt, but still. "From so many Clans and families, at that. I can but hope that I do not offer offence in my ignorance of each."
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:18 pm

Tiptoeing down the stairs, late, with the grace and noise of an elephant, Inoshishi clearly overslept. But she’s awake now and alert as ever, even if her decor leaves a bit to be desired. She sports little more than a juban as she rushes into the dining space, flipping her still-wet hair over shoulder and plopping more than sitting in her chair. Spotting the nearby food, she digs in with gusto, putting away half a bowl before awkwardly realizing their are other samurai in the room.

With a gulp, she swallows her last bite and mutters ‘Hi, I’m Inoshishi, have you eaten rice?’ Her face is either red from scrubbing or, possibly, her humiliation as she realizes she’s done it again. Some day she’ll get this ‘being around people’ thing down.
Dragon * Chronicler * Too Thin * smells like mochi * fireworks
Starting day 5, Shichi charm with braided ribbon, yellows, greens, and a red
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)
Starting day 9, LA, has ink stains on fingers. (gone d11)
Starting D13, new bracelet
Honor is the ideal. Unremarkable Retainer. Average Samurai

Bayushi Mitsu

Post by Bayushi Mitsu » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:06 pm

Aimi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:01 pm
"There certainly are, Bayushi-sama," the ronin says... notably more cautious, less prone to the friendly jabs she has learned that Raizo prefers. The mask is... unsettling. By design, no doubt, but still. "From so many Clans and families, at that. I can but hope that I do not offer offence in my ignorance of each."
Bayushi nodded agreeably. "Memorizing such details can be quite tedious. As long as you don't confuse a Crane for a Crab, I'm sure it'll be fine. A little intuition can help as well."

"You know," he went on, leaning forward, "I once caught a criminal that way! He was masquerading as a Yasuki matchmaker, interestingly enough." The Scorpion lifted a hand, gesturing to indicate their current environs. "There was just something...off about the man, not quite right. It turned out he wasn't even a samurai at all. The mind knows more than we realize."

Agenda Roll | TN: 2 | Success: 2 / Opportunity: 2 / Strife: 1
Image Image Image Image Image
Agasha Inoshishi wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:18 pm
With a gulp, she swallows her last bite and mutters ‘Hi, I’m Inoshishi, have you eaten rice?’ Her face is either red from scrubbing or, possibly, her humiliation as she realizes she’s done it again. Some day she’ll get this ‘being around people’ thing down.
The Scorpion waved her over. "Well met - do come join us! The food is quite good."
Scorpion Clan ❖ Retainer
Glory: 46 ❖ Honor: 30 ❖ Status: 35
Carries: fine clothing, deep burgundy full face mask with gold trim, dark steel daisho with burgundy wrappings
“Right isn’t always right.”

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:24 pm

Inoshishi’s eyes light up at the mention of a story and she swiftly moves over to join this group of samurai, bringing her bowl and chopsticks with her.

“Wow, that sounds really interesting! Where did you catch this dastardly criminal? How did you catch him? Was there lots of fighting?”

With an effort, her mouth clicks shut as she eagerly awaits more of this intriguing new story.
Starting day 6, LE has weirdly mottled hands, all colored in browns and yellows, as if her skin had changed color. (fading D10, gone d13)

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:28 pm

Bayushi Mitsu wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:06 pm
"You know," he went on, leaning forward, "I once caught a criminal that way! He was masquerading as a Yasuki matchmaker, interestingly enough." The Scorpion lifted a hand, gesturing to indicate their current environs. "There was just something...off about the man, not quite right. It turned out he wasn't even a samurai at all. The mind knows more than we realize."
"...how fascinating," Aimi says, her smile fixed and almost wooden for a moment.

She says nothing else, allowing the Dragon's sudden outpouring of enthusiasm to capture the flow of conversation, all but physically fading into the background.
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kakita Akihiro

Post by Kakita Akihiro » Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:37 am

Akihiro is getting surrounded by unfamiliar faces. The swirl of a blade as he cut through flesh flashed before his eyes. He took a deep breath to calm down and sort out the near-do-wells. A ronin. A Dragon. Neither were an immediate threat. He needed to gain some space. Metaphorically first.

"I am Kakita Akihiro, duelist of the Crane. Pleased to meet you, Bayushi-san, ronin-san, and Dragon-san. If I could have your names I would be most delighted to get to know you further." He smiled a tight one from behind the white metal. The Shiba had the manners to introduce the Bayushi. Everyone after that was...well he excused the ronin.
Crane | Kakita | Duelist | Newest Fashions | Disfiguring Scar

Honor: 66 | Glory: 42| Status: 35
ceremonial kimono or traveling kimono, daisho, silver chopsticks for hairpins, mempo, if needed palanquin, Ryuusuke the attendent

Agasha Inoshishi

Post by Agasha Inoshishi » Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:58 am

Inoshishi blushes. “Well, I’m Agasha Inoshishi, sorry, I just muttered it. And I’m running really late.”

She smiles broadly at the ronin.

“Sorry, I don’t know you or I’d introduce you. But I’d like to, ronin always have the best stories!”