[D0, LA, common room] Being a sociable samurai

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D0, LA, common room] Being a sociable samurai

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:02 pm

Ishioka looks at Oubaihime confused. "I... What do you mean? I have no wounds." The big man waves a hand from across his body. "There's nothing wrong with me," he says confidently.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Oubahime smiled. "Good then... Your medics have mended you well after battles." She nodded. "There are times that people think they have no wounds but later they find the scar that some how was opened be it from a word or an action... even the aroma of certain things can reopen unseen wounds." She explained. "Those wounds I seek to mend."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:55 pm

Ishioka turns toward Oubaihime to better regard the woman. He looks at her thoughtfully for a time, then nods in agreement with her point.

"There have been few battles for me, Kaito-san. At least few real ones. I have mostly guarded our embassy at Kyuden Hida. Occasionally chased away some rabble or defended a diplomat..." He sighs, then says quietly, "But some wounds are complicated to heal."

Without further explanation he turns back to his plate and begins to eat, then after just two bites stops abruptly. Eyes closed he says, "Please excuse my rudeness, Kaito-san. I should wait so we might eat together." He seems very disappointed in himself, although with his eyes closed there is almost no difference to how his face usually looks.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:21 pm

"No worries Lion sama..." She gave a nod with a slow blink as she nodded. "I do not mind if you wish to get Inari's blessing before this one." The young lady gave some thought. "I understand complicated wounds... and sometimes it is one who is making the complications and just need to slow down the flow."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:33 am

Ishioka turns back to his food, munching two small bites contemplatively. His bland expression and focus on the plate probably start to make Oubaihime think she's being snubbed.

It's not long before, eyes still focused on his plate, Ishioka quietly says, "Some wounds are better not revealed too soon. Once open to view, they are harder to cover again, and may never be revealed again, lest the pain be too great."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:18 pm

Oubaihime doesn't think she is being snubbed just thought the man was concentrated on his meal and this conversation is one that makes people meditate on their wounds and how they have neglected them or healed them.

She nodded at the comment yet the young woman became sad. "It is understandable. If not to reopen a wound that goes deep and breaks the soul... one must thread carefully. Yet I must remind sama that if the wound remains untreated corruption may rise."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:26 pm

The Lion grumbles at Oubaihime's point, knowing she's right. The sound is a bit like one stone grinding against another as it's pressured to try to move.

"My friend Kaito-san is very kind to want to help. It is probably best not to share too much with one not stuck with me for the rest of this life."
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Sun Aug 01, 2021 11:07 pm

Oubaihime nodded. The second plate arrived. "It is understandable. Trust for such things should be earn not granted in haste."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:09 am

"Indeed," Ishioka says agreeably. "My wise friend, Kaito-san," he says with emphasis.

"I hope you enjoy your plate. I was quite pleased at lunch time, though I was quite hungry from travelling and may have, ah, been quick to praise," he says with a small chuckle and smile to the Phoenix beside him.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:24 pm

She took a bite and smiled. Both of them ate quietly in contemplation.

//shall we scene?
Smells like flowers