[D0, LA, common room] Being a sociable samurai

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D0, LA, common room] Being a sociable samurai

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:29 am

The Phoenix wins a small laugh from the Lion with that. It's not a loud sound -- if she wasn't sitting so close, she wouldn't have heard the rumbling chuckle -- but the shake of his big shoulders makes it plain.

"I appreciate having the help available, but I do not expect to be among the overzealous," he says. "Perform with vigor, as bushido requires, but I... not overzealous," he says, shaking his head.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:32 pm

Did he just laugh? At least I know he is capable of laughter... "Good.... Matsu sama, because it would be a sad notion that Bushido had been bruise because of the outreach of the many samurai." She nodded. "I would aid with compassion and fix its wounds."
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers
D7:carried a copper bells.
•H: Idealistic Samurai •G: Apprentice •S: Samurai and Monk

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:33 pm

The Lion grins and emits what could generously be called a snicker, looking at the Kaito with new warmth in his eyes.

"Bushido is fortunate to have such a dedicated servant. Although I imagine it is difficult to wound the code too grievously." He chuckles again and a modest smile remains on his face.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:39 pm

Ha... I won... I made him smile. Yatta! "That is true Lion sama... it would take a lot to even bruise bushido." She smiled. "So ... Lion sama, are we looking for a particular person or just checking out the different candidates and participants of this miai?"
•Phoenix Clan •Shrine Maiden •Water •Clumsy •Softhearted •Lucky •Medic •Random Samurai #71
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:19 pm

He turns and lowers his voice, like he's about to share a secret. "Well, mostly, I was... Just waiting for an early dinner to arrive," he says, smiling like he finds himself very humorous.

"It is interesting to see so many samurai from so many clans. Clearly there will be all kinds of people in the miai," he says, sounding a little bit awed by the possibilities.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 am

"Oh my..." She whispered. "Hasn't Inari blessed you this afternoon Lion sama?" She was deeply concerned. "Should we fetch a servant?" Then she looked at those arriving. "Ah... hai many interesting people."
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:41 am

"No need," he says simply. "I made a request already. I think there was hesitation that it might be too early, but I assured them that I will be early to bed tonight. It's been a long trip," he says, nodding slightly for emphasis. "It probably helped my request that I was very complimentary about the lunch I had earlier," he grins.

After another moment of people-watching he asks, "Is Kaito-san looking to meet someone who needs or enjoys having their wounds tended? Or perhaps someone who avoids getting wounded in the first place?"
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:06 am

"We are samurai Lion sama... wounds are part of life. I prefer someone who knows when to get wounded to have to be under my care. I know not all wounds are physicals and wars can scar some in their own way." She sighed. "Many leave those wounds open without realizing it." She nodded.
Smells like flowers

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:00 pm

"Hai," Ishioka agrees with a somber nod. "Wise, Kaito-san."

The conversation lulls a bit, then a large plate of food arrives for Ishioka. His face lights up -- at least, lights by the standards of the Stone Matsu -- and he is quick to suggest that a plate be brought for Oubaihime, "if my friend is ready for dinner." It's a light, non-judging tone.
Description

Kaito Oubaihime

Post by Kaito Oubaihime » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:18 pm

Oubaihime nodded. "I will be honored to share Inari's blessing with you." They grew quiet, Oubahime smiled. "I wonder Lion sama... Have you had your wounds tended?"
Smells like flowers