[D0, EA, expecting] Being a respectful neighbor

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Matsu Ishioka

Re: [D0, EA, expecting] Being a respectful neighbor

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Sun Aug 01, 2021 3:49 am

"Hmm. Newfound investment is not terribly... helpful," he admits as they descend the stairs. "It was easier... Well, anyway," he waves off the thought, keeping himself from going down that path right now.

"It, ah... It might help to consider things to look for. A woman this morning suggested that, to be able to share with the nakodo. Could be... like a game? I used to play 'Would you rather' with the grumpy old Crab that brought the daily schedule from the castle. This could be like, 'Would you rather marry a happy Crab or a grumpy Scorpion?'" Ishioka's face, that Luixian wouldn't see behind her back, was a touch pleased at his creativity, but not much more expressive than any other time.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Honor: 61 | Glory: 51 | Status: 35
Courtship points: check courtship tracker.
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:35 am

"I'd rather marry my tetsubo." She grunted; finding the question stupid. Even considering looking for traits would be too much of an acceptance of fate for her.

When they reached the common room she headed to an empty table towards the back and sat down with a heavy thud. "So if you talking about this game was a way to start playing it with me then you're not going to like any of the answers because I am most certainly not happy being here and will be the thorn in the side of every nakodo."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Glory: 44 ~ Honor: 40 ~ Status: 45
Has: Oni mask, Daisho, Pet Quail,
Wishes she could wear: Lacquered armor, Otsuchi
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 1:44 pm

"Mm, I don't think the Deer will go for that," he said of the tetsubo. "Bad for the 'master matchmakers' reputation," he said with a chuckle.

"I was thinking you could ask things to help me," the Lion said, used to being patient with Luixian's will. "I know better than trying to make you do things." He gave a light, bemused smile at his history with the Scorpion woman.
Lion Clan * Bushi * "The Stone Matsu" * Few words, many thoughts * Isn't mad at you, but is disappointed
Wears/carries: fantastic poker face, common Lion bushi garb, daisho, fan with meditative/skeptical lion painted on it.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:28 pm

"It would work in their favor. They'd have a happy couple on their hands and we all know how that's a rare thing in this place." She muttered with a roll of her eyes. "Ask you things to help you? Shouldn't you know what you want at this point? Some also stony faced woman that'll stare at you from the other side of the hallway that you're both guarding."
Scorpion ~ Bushi ~ Blunt ~ Large Stature ~ Blessed Lineage ~ Pet Quail ~ Kitsu Heritage
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:07 pm

Even the Stone Matsu couldn't stop a snicker at the idea of Luixian and her tetsubo being a "happy couple." Productive? Certainly. Happy? Yeah, no... It led into a good bout of laughter about Ishioka's best match being someone just like him. But the laughter ends and when he speaks, it's in a solemn voice.

"I am pretty certain that if Hachiko were still alive, my parents would not have sent me here. A miai, yes probably, but not a reputable Deer Clan miai. So perhaps I should have come in with a plan, some expectations... I certainly don't have them yet," he says honestly, his face still not terribly expressive, but there's a definite droop to the stony facade.
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:21 pm

"Don't. Don't have expectations here." She said, the rude playfulness that was in her voice disappeared into a solemn seriousness. "Only a few people here are leaving with the people they want and to do so they're going to have to work their ass off at being a courtier. You and I we aren't courtiers. We aren't going to stand a chance against them so trying to figure out ideal traits in a spouse that you're not going to have any voice in picking is a lesson in being disappointed for the rest of your life or until your spouse dies."
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:37 pm

Ishioka ponders the perils of disappointment.

"I understand I'm not leaving with everything I want," he says slowly, like he's verbalizing his exact thought process, "but while I'm here anyway, anything I can do to get more of what I want is worthwhile, no?"
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:53 pm

She shook her head some. "If you say so, Stony. But I guess if you want to look forward to the future than I should be happy for you and wish you luck."
Profile/Description

Matsu Ishioka

Post by Matsu Ishioka » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:16 pm

The Lion gives a small snort at her version of his nickname.

"Two weeks here is plenty of time for good and bad luck for both of us," he says, being conciliatory. He does add a little smile for the grumpy Scorpion. "We should get that drink, for talking about serious things, hm?"

-----------
/scene?
Description

Bayushi Luixian

Post by Bayushi Luixian » Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:26 pm

/Scene
Profile/Description