[D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:28 pm

"You haven't met Renjiro-sama?" He asked. "The innkeeper. He is a cat."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:31 pm

"I... regret to admit I've not had the pleasure. You'll have to arrange for an introduction, so I might honour him with the age-old tradition of giving gifts of fishy snacks."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:36 pm

"I'm certain he'll be pleased, but it seems he's gained a bit of weight off the kindness of his visitors as of late", he said with some amusement and sipped his tea. "Though regardless, it'd be an honor to introduce you two. Do you keep pets? I imagine a cat would be good for hunting rats on a ship."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:58 pm

"Hai," she nodded, "-though not me, personally. Ship cats are common, you're correct there, in fact my aunt's yakatabune keeps the employ of a very large, very fat tom who enjoys his lavish lifestyle very much so."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:03 pm

"Sounds fancy", he observed. "I've only ridden ferries across the River of Gold, or more specifically the Bay of Drowned Honor in Ryoko Owari." He grinned slightly, visible as his mouth mostly showed due to drinking tea, the mask hanging around his neck and only covering his chin. "A fine vessel on a river cruise does sound nice, I envy that."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm

"I suppose living on a yakatabune can be considered fancy. The ever-changing scenery certainly is nice. Waking up somewhere different nearly every morning is certainly an adventure. Things can get dull though, just as they can anywhere else."
She regards his face demurely, careful not to stare, but taking in his features nonetheless.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:43 pm

If his eyes didn't have more in common with a dead fish's than a human's, one could mistake Hikimasu for someone handsome. The Scorpion blood at the least was strong enough for that, and he didn't have any buck teeth or large scars, but he did have a small one on his upper lip.

"Well, routine can become boring", he nodded agreement. "There's reliability in certain things, like waking up alive", he smirked. "Though I suppose this is why we get married? A lot of the rituals in our lives as samurai bring change. Gemppuku, marriage, children, career changes or advancement, watching those children grow and face their own changes", he shrugged slightly and finished his tea. "Day to day things have to be enjoyed, but when nothing is what you wanted, it becomes impossible...I think life is easy to resent, even a life some would call great." He put his cup down. "So i don't find fault with experiencing monotony while on an adventure."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:48 pm

"When one's life is so micro-managed, one finds ways to slip through the cracks of time not scheduled, and find one's own devices that might break up the monotony of adventure," Narumi finishes her tea as well, but holds onto the cup, feeling the smooth texture with her thumbpads, enjoying the waning warmth it provides. She takes a moment to look around the stables.
"We thrive on small rituals, hai; they give our life meaning and merit, for not everything can be a raucous celebration befitting of the Crab after a hard-won battle. The small things become meaningful, and simple small pleasures become something to look forward to. Like marriage, and children, and seeing those children flourish."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:52 pm

"Being in agreement isn't bad", he said. Though he was a bit disappointed she didn't say what he thought she really wanted to, according to how she started her comment. "But you could at least naysay me for fun." He grinned slightly.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:07 pm

"Oh I'm so sorry, Shosuro-san, we can butt heads if you'd prefer. I... dislike your mask." She sat up straighter, and lifted her chin to the challenge, though she could not hide the mirth from hitting her dark eyes.