[D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: [D0, ME: Stables]Listen to Majesty (Open)

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:44 pm

"You...want to be a nakodo?" he asked, and thought a moment. He chanced a glance in her eyes and in a heartbeat of that, he could see her powers of perception bearing down on him. He looked away quickly and continued brushing Yudaina. "I think it would suit you."

"But", he said, dropping the brush in the bucket and wiping his hands. "What I do to pass the time? I like a good story, and if I can't get someone to tell me one (which was normal), I'll read a book. Though, I was taught performing...music, acting, dance, as is traditional among my people." With a pat on the horse's flank he smiled beneath his mask. "Though if I can, I like to go for a ride for fun."
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:53 pm

"I've been groomed to become such since I was a girl," Narumi replied with a shrug, as if she didn't have much choice in the matter. "I've found my peace with it. I didn't give much thought to what I wanted... either as a profession or in love, to be honest... so my aunt made those decisions for me," she chuckled, was that a touch of bitterness? It was gone in a moment.
"I bet you are a magnificent performer! I should be so lucky as to see you sometime during the miai, I'm sure you'll impress all who lay eyes upon you."
Otter clan • Subtle Observer, Cynic • romantic but shady • apprentice nakodo
Glory 40 | Honor 27 | Status 22 | Description | Courtship Points 22

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.
D10+: A netsuke of a tanuki appears hooked over her obi at her left hip.
Also D10+: sports a split lower lip.
D12+: bruising across the back of both hands

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm

He laughed, nervously. "I'm sure...I'm sure...uhh...oh, but you're an Otter, do you know Usogawa Emiko-san? If you do then you've heard better than what I can do already", he stopped laughing.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:01 pm

"Hai! Everyone knows Emiko-sama; she is the daughter of the clan champion." Narumi nodded. "And I'm not interested in what she can do. I'm interested in what you might."

Carries: A paper umbrella, expertly painted to portray a section of the River of Gold. Lucky cricket.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:06 pm

She's the WHAT...?

He gulped.

"I see." There was a dark shade over his face, his eyes especially dead. "Oh well, at least I made it this far in life."

A moment of staring into oblivion later he looked back at Narumi. "Perhaps I'll play something for you then sometime." He tried to think of a proper funeral dirge.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:27 pm

She watched his reaction for several long moments, expressionless.
Oh.
Emiko had gotten to him first.
She really shouldn't be so surprised, should she?
"This one would appreciate the gesture." her lips tightened ever so slightly, before a smile returned to them and she carried on.
"I'm interested to see what sort of challenges might be in store for us, and even more interested to see the glory of all the different clans on display. I find that the most intriguing part of travelling the rivers; meeting so many samurai. Learning about how things differ across Rokugan, the customs, the little intricacies, hearing local stories..." she trilled on in an attempt to pull the Scorpion out of his self-dug grave.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:43 pm

It didn't take long, he had to admit the Otter woman had a certain effect on his mood, despite his revelation.

"I suppose that's true, in fact perhaps you can tell me more about your clan while we're here", he said.

Yudaina snorted. Hikimasu looked back at the horse and scowled.

"Don't mind him, he's rested and wants to run, but it's late."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:49 pm

"It would be my pleasure, Shosuro-san, I would speak more with you anytime you desire," she answered with a quiet voice and a deep nod.
At the horses snort, Narumi chuckled. "Ah so, midnight runs are probably frowned upon in Deer-lands, to be sure. He'll just have to wait, and be content with the affection that you've shown him this evening."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:55 pm

"I also outlaw midnight runs, he isn't careful enough with his hooves", Hikimasu said, giving his horse the side eye. Then he flicked his gaze back to her, but as normal it didn't stay long and he busied himself with cleaning up around his horse a bit.

"In any case...", he stopped, staring at a piece of straw he picked up. "I'm sorry this is all very strange, we're here to be married. You have been training as a nakodo so perhaps it isn't anything quite so pressing to you...or maybe it is", he looked up again a moment. "To me though, it's not simply one of those things, another stage in life, it's very...different and it's extremely bothersome." He laughed a little nervously.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Usogawa Narumi

Post by Usogawa Narumi » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:25 am

"I find 'bothersome' to be most intriguing?" She inquired further explaination.
"On the contrary, I've been brought up to believe marriage is the most important arrangement one can make. It is not to be entered into lightly, and should serve a purpose, as all things do."