[D0, LE, Sakura's Room] Two Swords (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kakita Sakura

Re: [D0, LE, Sakura's Room] Two Swords (Closed)

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 am

“…Hiroto-san.”

Sakura sips her Sake, downing the cup before placing it on the table for Reina to refill. “Someone had interfered with his pass. Using a product made in Tsuma- Nanami uses it when she scribes for me to correct mistakes, so she recognised the signs.”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:22 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:02 am
“…Hiroto-san.”

Sakura sips her Sake, downing the cup before placing it on the table for Reina to refill. “Someone had interfered with his pass. Using a product made in Tsuma- Nanami uses it when she scribes for me to correct mistakes, so she recognised the signs.”
"Ah" Reina said simply before taking her drink as well...and refilling the cups.

"I had thought that perhaps, the Empire being as large as it is, that our paths would perhaps not cross again. It would seem the Heavens...or at least someone with some pull with the Shika matchmakers have other plans."
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:27 am

“Both, perhaps? I was, at least, able to give him some assistance in that problem.”

Sakura's silent for a time. “Here is the question; was his invitation arranged with intent to have you two meet again, or simply someone doing him a favour? And if the first, who would benefit?”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:58 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:27 am
“Both, perhaps? I was, at least, able to give him some assistance in that problem.”

Sakura's silent for a time. “Here is the question; was his invitation arranged with intent to have you two meet again, or simply someone doing him a favour? And if the first, who would benefit?”
Reina frowned at that.

"Hm. Similar questions were whispered around Tsuma. There was some question as to how he managed to secure an invitation to the Topaz Championship. Given the strained relations between the Crane and the Mantis, inviting a hot-headed Mantis to one of the highest pressure competitions in the Empire, watched over by many eyes of the Empire....not exactly a deft political maneuver by the masters of court, ne?"

She took a sip.

"Not that he is poor excuse for a samurai. He is an outstanding archer, it was perhaps his greatest saving grace in the tournament. Still, a very poor choice of competitor if you want things to go smoothly in Tsuma."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:44 am

“Which suggests,” Sakura states softly, “that someone did not.”

She frowns softly, downing her cup of sake. “And, at the very least, wished for matters between Mantis and Crane to remain tense.”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:09 am

Reina sighs a bit.

"Well, there would seem to be an obvious villain in such a story. But we've not seen their mask, let alone the face behind it. Just a nearly killed angry Mantis, and a Scorpion given up by his clan for having gone rogue." she admitted. "Not enough to go to a magistrate with....but the Crane here should definitely keep their guard up."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 am

“We should, yes. But right now, we can do little more than that.”

Another cup of Sake. Before Sakura turns to Reina, a blush on her cheeks from the alcohol. “But I didn’t just invite you here for discussing such things, so we should proceed to other important matters, and this is a Miai. Is the heiress to the Otter as beautiful as she sounds?”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:43 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:22 am
“We should, yes. But right now, we can do little more than that.”

Another cup of Sake. Before Sakura turns to Reina, a blush on her cheeks from the alcohol. “But I didn’t just invite you here for discussing such things, so we should proceed to other important matters, and this is a Miai. Is the heiress to the Otter as beautiful as she sounds?”
Reina leaned back a bit.

"Oh, she's just an enormous woman with golden eyes and flame red hair, and this massive black dragon tattoo....." she started.

She giggled a bit, much like they used to do back in the Academy.

"Ah, gomen, that's Bayushi Luxian. Usogawa-san...the Crane ancestry is pretty pronounced in her, though we've not formally met. Deep blue eyes, long black hair."

She smiled a bit.

"Benten smiling on you early at the miai, Sakura-san?"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 am

“I am-“

Sakura blushes deeply, remembering her earlier mistake. “Aware of Bayushi-san. At the very least, I think Benten is setting out signs for me, although whether any return those affections…”

She hums. “Usogawa-san is Kuge, too, and the heir to the Otter. That would present… difficulties for me, even if it were to happen.”

Sakura, after all, has some obvious difficulties with living on a boat. But after a moment, her head turns, and her smile turns slightly impish. “And what of you, Reina-san? Have any caught your eye?”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:57 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 am
“I am-“

Sakura blushes deeply, remembering her earlier mistake. “Aware of Bayushi-san. At the very least, I think Benten is setting out signs for me, although whether any return those affections…”

She hums. “Usogawa-san is Kuge, too, and the heir to the Otter. That would present… difficulties for me, even if it were to happen.”

Sakura, after all, has some obvious difficulties with living on a boat. But after a moment, her head turns, and her smile turns slightly impish. “And what of you, Reina-san? Have any caught your eye?”
Reina shook her head.

"Ie, not yet, but people are still arriving. Our hosts will be having a gathering of the attendees tomorrow to formally welcome us to the miai, so it will be an opportunity to get a better lay of the land as it were." she offered.

"Anyone I should be particularly looking out for?"