[D0, LE, Sakura's Room] Two Swords (Closed)

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kakita Sakura

[D0, LE, Sakura's Room] Two Swords (Closed)

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:15 pm

It’s been a long day- a day of arrivals, of meeting new people, and of familiarising herself with this Kyuden in preparation for the Miai. But, as the day comes to a close, Sakura feels like reconnecting with an old friend- and so, she sends a message to Kakita Reina, inviting her fellow duellist to join her in her room for some drinks in private, and to catch up.

At the knock on the door, Sakura's head rises, and she smiles warmly. “Please, enter!”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kakita Reina

Re: [D0, LE, Sakura's Room] Two Swords (Closed)

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:38 pm

Kakita Reina enters the room with the grace customary of a Crane powered by the contentment of reconnecting with a friend.

She bows, knowing Sakura's keen ears are more than capably of signaling her respect.

"Good evening, Sakura-san, it's been too long. I've been hoping we could have a chance to talk more in private, and here we are." she said with a smile.
Crane Clan * Topaz Champion * Duelist * Miai Candidate

"Those we help this season will help us next season."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:39 pm

Sakura smiles warmly, a bottle of sake on the table she's sitting at, and two cups- set out so that Reina could either sit across the table… or next to Sakura. The blind swordswoman rises and bows, before seating herself again. “Indeed we are. Was the journey pleasant for you, Reina-san?”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:42 pm

Reina opted to sit next to Sakura. She knew that while they had agreed that they were not going to seek to wed one another, she hoped to still provide the familiar comfort of sitting next to the blind woman. It made her presence a bit more real, rather than relying on sound alone.

"It was a pretty journey," she offers. "The white gypsum paths of the forest were certainly a unique contrast to the surrounding woods. Not the carefully curated beauty of the gardens of Kyuden Doji, but a sort of raw beauty shaped by the kami themselves."

Reina took a moment to pour the sake into the cups.

"And how was the journey for you Sakura-san?"

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 pm

“By river.”

Sakura breathes out slightly. “It was certainly the quickest route from Kyuden Kakita, but I will confess at least here- I was terrified when the rainstorms hit on the second day of the journey.”

She picks up the sake jug, pouring a cup for Reina, before placing it down so her friend could return the favour for her. “…swords are no use against the river, after all.”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:15 pm

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:58 pm
“By river.”

Sakura breathes out slightly. “It was certainly the quickest route from Kyuden Kakita, but I will confess at least here- I was terrified when the rainstorms hit on the second day of the journey.”

She picks up the sake jug, pouring a cup for Reina, before placing it down so her friend could return the favour for her. “…swords are no use against the river, after all.”
Reina nodded in understanding.

"I have heard stories of people dueling river spirits. If anyone could duel the spirit of the river to assure safe passage, it would be you, Sakura-san." she offered with a mix of sympathy and encouragement.

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:21 pm

“That,” declares Sakura, her olive eyes darting around slightly as her head turns towards Reina, her expression level, “Would be easier. Mmm. Speaking of difficulties…”

She takes her first sip from her cup once Reina fills it, letting out a hum of pleasure. “What had you so… frustrated at the dojo this afternoon, Reina-san? I’ve rarely seen you like that.”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:37 pm

Given the company and location, Reina could afford a frustrated sigh.

"Ah, I had a meeting with the honorable Doji Oharu. Given his position as an emerald magistrate, I thought he might be able to give me some insight into possible connections into the other clans." she said with a rueful shake of the head.

"Instead, I got a rather long lecture on how I should be focusing my efforts on the members of the Imperial families attending the miai. How did he put it? Ah yes, 'Even a tarnished topaz shines in the presence of the chrysanthemum."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:46 pm

Sakura hums softly. “He was actually rather helpful this morning… although I suspect at some point I have a lecture in my future about associating with a hot-headed Mantis.”

Taking another sip from her sake cup, the blind Crane breathes out after a moment. “We both knew our path would meet with resistance.”

Kakita Reina

Post by Kakita Reina » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:58 pm

Reina lets out a small laugh.

"Knowing that walking a thousand miles will give you blisters doesn't make them hurt any less." she offers, with some levity. "Still, they shouldn't make one turn back either."

She takes a moment to enjoy being with her friend again.

"Hot-headed Mantis?" she asks, curious where Sakura had run into one of those.