[D0, ME] Relaxing After Travel

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kakita Sakura

[D0, ME] Relaxing After Travel

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:10 pm

It’s been a long day for Sakura, arriving, starting to delve into the… tensions among the guests, meeting new people. Soon, she'll be meeting with her old friend… but for now, the Crane sits in the hot springs, breathing out as she relaxes. “Aaaaah…”
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Re: [D0, ME] Relaxing After Travel

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:33 pm

Returning in the evening after wandering to explore, Emiko was happy to learn that there was a hotspring baths in the inn! Wonderful times!

She found her way to the changing rooms, undressing and taking time to wash her hair and body before wrapping herself in a towel and making her way to the actual baths...which had someone there already.

"Oh, good afternoon" she bowed "my apology for interrupting. Is it ok if I join you?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:42 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:33 pm
Returning in the evening after wandering to explore, Emiko was happy to learn that there was a hotspring baths in the inn! Wonderful times!

She found her way to the changing rooms, undressing and taking time to wash her hair and body before wrapping herself in a towel and making her way to the actual baths...which had someone there already.

"Oh, good afternoon" she bowed "my apology for interrupting. Is it ok if I join you?"
“Mmmm… good evening… of course, feel free.”

Goodness, that was a *lovely* voice. Sakura smiles as her head tilts up towards the newcomer, revealing clouded olive eyes. “This one is Kakita Sakura. Have you had rice today?”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:32 pm

"Thank you" Emiko smiled, carefully unwrapping the towel as she slipped into the water, slipping entirely under for a moment before coming back up.

"Ah...kami that is so nice! It's really lovely here, ne?"

She smiled.

"I am Usogawa Emiko. I have indeed had rice, as well as tea from the lovely tea house nearby. I hope you are well also."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:36 pm

“Ah, Usogawa-sama.”

The heiress of the Otter… and her voice was a joy to listen to. Sakura smiles. “I am, and have been settling in well here, familiarising myself with the Kyuden.”

Her smile grows a little. “And I have partaken in the quite excellent tea, as well. They also have well-kept rooms for performing tea ceremonies, something I was rather pleased to discover.”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 am

"It does seem like the Deer have thought of everything which is great to see. It reminded me of my last trip to your lands, I still remember this lovely tea house I discovered built around a Sakura tree. The sunlight shining through the tree made the whole place feel so beautiful, I really would love to go back again."

Emiko sighed softly at the wonderful memory, closing her eyes for a few moments before opening them again.

"Although we are here for duty, the welcome has made me feel like this will be as enjoyable as it is dutiful. The innkeeper is nice too" she brought a hand up to cover a small laugh "I've met many Cat innkeepers, but this is the first innkeeper that is an actual cat that I've met."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 am

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:28 am
"It does seem like the Deer have thought of everything which is great to see. It reminded me of my last trip to your lands, I still remember this lovely tea house I discovered built around a Sakura tree. The sunlight shining through the tree made the whole place feel so beautiful, I really would love to go back again."

Emiko sighed softly at the wonderful memory, closing her eyes for a few moments before opening them again.

"Although we are here for duty, the welcome has made me feel like this will be as enjoyable as it is dutiful. The innkeeper is nice too" she brought a hand up to cover a small laugh "I've met many Cat innkeepers, but this is the first innkeeper that is an actual cat that I've met."
Sakura smiles warmly at the reference to her name, before she tilts her head, blinking. “Oh! You mean the Blossom of Spring in Aketsu? I’ve always loved that teahouse, myself, although I admit it is partially because they brew a fine strain of cherry blossom tea. But feeling the sunlight on my skin as one drinks tea there… you are quite correct, Usogawa-sama, it is beautiful there. As for the innkeeper… I admit, it was… unexpected.”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:43 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:36 am
Sakura smiles warmly at the reference to her name, before she tilts her head, blinking. “Oh! You mean the Blossom of Spring in Aketsu? I’ve always loved that teahouse, myself, although I admit it is partially because they brew a fine strain of cherry blossom tea. But feeling the sunlight on my skin as one drinks tea there… you are quite correct, Usogawa-sama, it is beautiful there. As for the innkeeper… I admit, it was… unexpected.”
Emiko was mentally glad Sakura knew the location. It made up for Emiko not remembering the name.

"I heard the teahouse grows their own cherry blossom tea which is why it's so good. Fresher they said" Emiko shrugged "I don't know enough about tea but hai, it was certainly the nicest I had ever had. Although that is often the case when our yakatabune make a stop in crane lands. Everything seems brighter, fancier. I love to perform yet when I see the performers in the Crane it reminds me that I still have much to learn."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:02 am

“I find that while my own family certainly dedicates much effort to excellence- that should not diminish the talents of others, of their skills.”

Sakura hums softly. “Might I ask what you perform, Usogawa-sama?”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:26 am

"I would like to answer that with everything" Emiko said with a small laugh "dance is my biggest passion, but I also love to play instruments and sing. Performing arts make me smile though, I enjoy all of them from a watching or performing view. Does Kakita-sama have an art she enjoys?"