[D0, ME] Relaxing After Travel

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kakita Sakura

Re: [D0, ME] Relaxing After Travel

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:49 am

"Mmmmm... unfortunately, the visual arts do very little for me, Usogawa-sama."

Sakura waves her hand in front of her eyes with a slightly self-deprecating smile. "Apart from the art of the draw- my father was a keen poet, and I am honoured to have learnt some of his skill. Theatre can be entertaining, feeling the emotion that the actors put into their work. And, of course, I enjoy music- I do on occasion play the koto myself."

She smiles after a moment. "I also rather enjoy gardens, although those that pay attention to the scents and sounds of the garden do the most for me."
Clan: Crane
Honour: 64
Glory: 53
Wears a blue, patterned blindfold at all times.
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 pm

"Oh" Emiko lowered her head in apology, not considering that this was also going to do very little in the situation "it sounds like you've been blessed to experience a lot of different arts also. I play the flute, it could be fun to perform together ne? My mother used to ensure I would do a different art daily so that I never got entirely focused on one. She thought this was very important, or perhaps she divined that I would get obsessed with one art and not focus on the rest of my studied. She is pretty smart."
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 pm

Usogawa Emiko wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 pm
"Oh" Emiko lowered her head in apology, not considering that this was also going to do very little in the situation "it sounds like you've been blessed to experience a lot of different arts also. I play the flute, it could be fun to perform together ne? My mother used to ensure I would do a different art daily so that I never got entirely focused on one. She thought this was very important, or perhaps she divined that I would get obsessed with one art and not focus on the rest of my studied. She is pretty smart."
“I would be honoured to perform together with you, Usogawa-sama.”

Sakura smiles warmly. “While excellence in one art is a fine thing to pursue, your mother is wise- and, by spreading your interests, you can determine which arts suit you best, in my opinion.”
Is blind- she either uses a cane to tap her way around, or is accompanied by her maid, one Nanami. Generally wears clothing in the form of kimono and hakama, although they're always finely patterned.

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:40 am

Kakita Sakura wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:14 pm
“I would be honoured to perform together with you, Usogawa-sama.”

Sakura smiles warmly. “While excellence in one art is a fine thing to pursue, your mother is wise- and, by spreading your interests, you can determine which arts suit you best, in my opinion.”
"I look forward to performing with you Kakita-sama" Emiko really did. She loved performing and it was easy to her in her voice.

"Mother is wise, really wise. I'm lucky to be able to learn from her, as is all the Otter now she is head sensei. Perhaps that's wisdom of her time as a Crane, as you seem plenty wise yourself Kakita-sama. Whoever is lucky enough to be married to you when this miai is over will feel blessed for the rest of their days I think. Are you excited for this miai?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:10 am

Sakura feels herself blush- hopefully, it comes across as merely part of flushing in the heat, although she can never be certain. “Ah- I am, yes. And you, Usogawa-sama?”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 am

"I am looking forward to it, although I do have some concerns that some will not look at me for me" Emiko brought some water up to pour over her face "forgive me, I shouldn't complain. I was just hoping that who I am was not so well known, but at the gates to even enter this province they made a big deal about it."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:12 am

“…you are concerned that people will merely pursue you as the heir to the Otter.”

Sakura hums for a moment. “Some likely will. Romance does not always feature in reasons for marrying- indeed, it often does not. But however things turn out, Usogawa-sama… it is my hope that you find a partner you can be content with. And perhaps we might both dare to hope for more, ne?”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:20 am

"Hai" Emiko nodded in confirmation "that's my concern. While romance is not expected for marrying, I would like to think that the person I am to be married with would like me for myself, and not just because of my future as heir to the Otter clan. We're a small clan, and I care about our future greatly."

Kakita Sakura

Post by Kakita Sakura » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:47 am

“Mmmm…”

Sakura ducks down for a moment, considering, then rises up from the water up to her waist. “If one might be so bold… what sort of person would you see yourself marrying, Usigawa-sama?”

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:56 am

Emiko politely looked away as the Crane rises up a bit more.

"Mm..what sort of person? I've spent more time speaking with my kin to try and help them, I can't say I've considered it for myself. I would like someone who likes the same as me, someone passionate about music and the arts. Someone kind and caring, who would also guide those in the Otter. We're the smallest clan, the newest clan, and there are many in our numbers that look to their leaders for guidance, so someone who could be a person to look up to in the best way. Does that sound like too much?" Emiko chuckled softly "I feel like i'm looking for too much from someone."