[D0 LM] Checking In

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Kitsu Murato

Re: [D0 LM] Checking In

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:06 pm

Aimi wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:16 pm
"I would never imply such a thing," Aimi replies smoothly, "What the honorable Kitsu family do or do not think about matters of blood and inheritance is not for humble ronin to comment on."

She shivers for a moment. "Can you even imagine the reaction, were I to be heard saying such things in the presence of... well, Seppun Yuzu-sama, governor of the Chisei District, for example? Wavemen have been convicted of treason for less."
"Seppun Yuzu-sama is here?" he asked perking up a bit. "My father mentioned his promotion not long ago. And I have no intentions of getting anyone convicted of treason for speculation. That would be unimaginably cruel."
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:13 pm

"He is," Aimi nods, "We spoke earlier, at the Temple of Musubi. And please, do not think I meant to offer criticism - you strike me as an honourable man, Kitsu-sama, not given to cruelty or prejudice. Alas that not all are quite so kind."

She shakes her head, smiling. "Still, such sombre topics are ill-suited for a beautiful garden such as this. Perhaps... ah, you said your father spoke of Seppun-sama's promotion? Does he serve in the capital, then?"
Clan: Ronin Shugenja
Honour: 36 (Honour is the Ideal)
Glory: 36 (Samurai of no renown)

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:27 pm

"No but he did before he married my mother," he says with a nod. "He still keeps in touch with contacts back there. He likes to keep a list of the people in positions of authority. He was an Otomo bureaucrat and so when the Kitsu need to push requests or announcements through the Imperial City they come to him to find out who best to send things to."

"Have you visited the Imperial City?"
Lion Clan * Bard * Bureaucrat * Spiritual * Haunted * Clumsy * Kitsu Honest * Kitsu Eyes
Honor Is the Ideal 59 | Unremarkable Retainer 44 | Imperial Descended Great Clan Samurai 45 | Description
Equipment: Traveling Clothes, Wakizashi, Katana, Tessen, Yumi & arrows, Shamisen, Helix Piercing Orange Earrings, Shamisen

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:53 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:27 pm
"No but he did before he married my mother," he says with a nod. "He still keeps in touch with contacts back there. He likes to keep a list of the people in positions of authority. He was an Otomo bureaucrat and so when the Kitsu need to push requests or announcements through the Imperial City they come to him to find out who best to send things to."

"Have you visited the Imperial City?"
"Only the once, and not for all that long at that," Aimi shakes her head, "It made quite an impression, but there's not so much calling for a ronin in Otosan Uchi. No Clan leaves their courtiers short of yojimbo there, and those who need a shugenja's advice have no shortage of options for a favour or some coin in turn. I only went to help the villagers ensure their harvest reached the authorities on time and in good condition - it would have been poor fortune indeed to undo the blight afflicting their fields only to see the rice stolen by bandits on the way to the capital."

She smiles. "And what of your own duties, Kitsu-sama? A courtier like your father, perhaps?"

Carries a walking stick made from impossibly ancient wood, and a beautifully decorated amulet marked with prayers to Benten hangs from her Obi.

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm

"Bureacracy," he says with a sigh and a pained grin. "It's necessary, but it's not very exciting. It does afford me ample time for reading though. Well, not really... my superiors are always getting on me about reading when I should be working."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:10 pm

"Ah, but did not Akodo-no-kami say that the ideal samurai holds a scroll in one hand and a sword in the other?" Aimi offers seriously, "Thus, to read and pursue the art of the written word is surely quite appropriate for any samurai."

She pauses for a moment, and gives a slightly impish smile. "Unless of course you happen to be reading Crane pillow books in the middle of your office. That, I think, is something beyond my humble grasp of rhetoric to justify."

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:23 pm

"Well, he also commanded that the Lion's copy of the Tao never be opened," he says with a shrug. "But that doesn't mean I can't open other copies. But I mostly like reading about temples that I want to visit someday. So it's a bit of daydreaming involved as well."

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:59 pm

There is no way in all the layers of Jigoku that Aimi is getting herself drawn into a discussion on whether or not something counts as disobeying the teachings of Akodo, and certainly not with a Lion. She simply takes note of the man's somewhat casual attitude to such things and moves on.

"Oh? I have visited quite a few such temples in my travels, but there are always more to see," she says, looking genuinely interested, "Have you a particular destination in mind?"

Kitsu Murato

Post by Kitsu Murato » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 pm

"The path I would hope to take, if I could make a full pilgrimage, would be to visit the largest temple to each of the major fortunes, ending with the temple of Amaterasu in Otosan Uchi. And to make time for as many smaller temples on the path between each stop," he says, a bit enthusiastically.

Aimi

Post by Aimi » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:28 pm

Kitsu Murato wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:06 pm
"The path I would hope to take, if I could make a full pilgrimage, would be to visit the largest temple to each of the major fortunes, ending with the temple of Amaterasu in Otosan Uchi. And to make time for as many smaller temples on the path between each stop," he says, a bit enthusiastically.
"A worthy pilgrimage indeed, to cross the lands of every Clan and pay homage to the Seven Fortunes," Aimi nods approvingly, "Perhaps if the fates are kind and your lord a pious soul you may yet have your chance. As for me, I confess I have never found myself with the time to make a true pilgrimage, only to stop and visit such shrines and temples as I pass on my way. I collect stories of those who do, though, and they are often quite striking in their own right."