(D0, MM) A Purrfectly Run Inn

Lodgings for visitors and a hot springs bathhouse
Renjiro

(D0, MM) A Purrfectly Run Inn

Post by Renjiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:06 am

The staff had been on high alert for weeks. The Inn was normally quite well kept, but the incoming influx of guests from across the Empire meant that everything needed to be absolutely perfect. Every hidden mote of dust had been smote. If it could move, it worked, and if it couldn't move, it was polished.

Laying comforting across his blanket covered table at the front of the inn, Renjiro considered his domain and all those who dwelt within it. Soon guests would arrive, but Renjiro was not worried in the slightest. His inn was ready.
Cat * Proprietor of the Sleepy Fox Inn

"Nyaa, Nyaa."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Re: (D0, MM) A Purrfectly Run Inn

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:14 am

Hikimasu looked one way, then the other, just to be certain. Then with a bit of a smirk under his mask, he jokingly (or so he believed) bowed to the cat.

"Well hello there, innkeeper. I've come from over the mountains to see the forest, the baths and if I'm fortunate some fleeting moments. So I'd like a room, and if you have any stable rats, stable cats?"

He thought about it. Surely the cat would hire humans for...what was he doing?

"Well I need someone to look after my horse as well regardless."

He stood there waiting patiently. Surely, the cat would answer.
Shosuro Hikimasu
Scorpion Clan • Bushi • Soldier • Dead Fish Eyes • Friend of Yūdaina

Honor: 41 Status: 35 Glory: 44
Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description
"Fulfillment is just another form of arrogance."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:37 am

After being seen through without any issues whatsoever, Emiko had made her way to the Inn where she would apparently be staying. Humming a tune as she approached, she came to a stop seeing a weird interaction between someone and...a cat?

Wait, I know that voice!

She watched for a few moments before saying "Shosuro-san?" with a little bow.
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Courtship points: ?
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Renjiro

Post by Renjiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:41 pm

The cat in question stretched a bit, stood up, and hopped town from it's perch. It walked a bit down the hallway before stopping, and turning around to look at the Scorpion intently.

"Nyaa, Nyaa."

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:26 pm

The cat in question, having deftly proved to Hikimasu that it was indeed the proprietor of the inn, received a slightly warm look from the dead eyes of the Scorpion. Of course, Emiko, being behind him, could not see this.

And when she called in question to him, he felt like he'd been speared by embarrassment.

Was he actually talking to the cat, had they heard? With a nervous laugh, he turned around.

"Oh hello, ano...what was it, Beaver-kun?" nervous laughter intensified.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Carries: clothing, daisho, fan, mempo. Has ashigaru armor, daikyu and magnificent steed for battle.
Description

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:37 pm

"Beaver? Otter" Emiko laughed politely, giving the man a bow "Usogawa Emiko. We met a year ago, you were...I'm not really sure even now what you were doing. It was a curious place to visit at least. I didn't know you would be coming here though" she smiled "how have you been?"

She peered around.

"Are you going to introduce me to your friend?"
Otter Clan * Kuge * Heir * Courtier * Dancer * Musician * Very Pretty(Dangerous Allure) * Clumsy * Profile
Equipment: Fan, pretty clothes, makeup/perfume, pillowbooks (sometimes), Tea set (sometimes), Flute (sometimes), odd looking stringed instrument (sometimes)

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 pm

"Usogawa-san, then", he said steadily. Of course he remembered her first name, who wouldn't remember that first name with that face?

"Scorpion lands are nice during festivals", he agreed to her comments, he was happy his mask could hide the constant quirking of his lip.

He considered the cat and the term friend.

"He's the innkeeper. And it's likely I'll catch scars on my wrist and knuckles if I keep him waiting too long."

His dead eyes floated in the fetid water of life toward the cat, wondering if perhaps the creature were already preparing to strike.
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description

Renjiro

Post by Renjiro » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Shosuro Hikimasu wrote:
Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:12 pm
"Usogawa-san, then", he said steadily. Of course he remembered her first name, who wouldn't remember that first name with that face?

"Scorpion lands are nice during festivals", he agreed to her comments, he was happy his mask could hide the constant quirking of his lip.

He considered the cat and the term friend.

"He's the innkeeper. And it's likely I'll catch scars on my wrist and knuckles if I keep him waiting too long."

His dead eyes floated in the fetid water of life toward the cat, wondering if perhaps the creature were already preparing to strike.
The cat tilted it's head and offered a questioning meow, as the Scorpion had not yet followed him down the hallway.

"Nyaa, Nyaa."

Usogawa Emiko

Post by Usogawa Emiko » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:53 pm

"Oh, the innkeeper? I had heard that the Cat clan liked to run inns, but this takes cat to a more unique level" Emiko smiled softly "I believe the cat is leading you somewhere. Let's follow, it would be very rude to keep the innkeeper waiting, ne?"

She nodded to the cat, then looked up at the taller Scorpion to lead on.

Shosuro Hikimasu

Post by Shosuro Hikimasu » Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:59 pm

Was that a joke?

He laughed a bit nervously. This was defintiely the girl Emiko. There was no mistaking that. She even smelled the same. He cursed himself for having kept that memory. She'd just been walking with her friends and she smiled and of course he took it a certain way, but at least he hadn't gone over to her then, that would have been a disaster.

Now she was asking to go into the inn with him. What was going on? No, she was just being nice. Just like when she'd smiled at him that time.

"Right, right. Let's follow", his eyes flicked to the desk where a name was carved on a wooden plate. He bowed to the cat properly again. "Please lead on, Renjiro-san."
Shosuro Hikimasu

Description